Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted

i have had clear skin all my life up until i started squeezing blackheads. i squeezed them with dirty fingers and when they didnt come out i squeezed really hard untill i got it out in the process majorly damaging my skin. for the next few days the cut was filled with a white puss [i gather because of my dirty hands] which i squeezed out each time untill the cut healed. i didnt scar because it was a cut but when it healed it was adifferent colour from my skin - now when im warm my skin goes all blotchy red patches and i hate it - how long do you think it will take to heal and how do you get rid of them - they are not acne related blotches - they are like i said from cuts? - HELP ME PLEASEEEEEEEE!! - much appreciated - W-A-R-P-E-D.

Posted
i have had clear skin all my life up until i started squeezing blackheads. i squeezed them with dirty fingers and when they didnt come out i squeezed really hard untill i got it out in the process majorly damaging my skin. for the next few days the cut was filled with a white puss [i gather because of my dirty hands] which i squeezed out each time untill the cut healed. i didnt scar because it was a cut but when it healed it was adifferent colour from my skin - now when im warm my skin goes all blotchy red patches and i hate it - how long do you think it will take to heal and how do you get rid of them - they are not acne related blotches - they are like i said from cuts? - HELP ME PLEASEEEEEEEE!! - much appreciated - W-A-R-P-E-D.

Posted

I'm guessing that you squeezed with your FINGERNAILS, not with the sides (pads) of your fingers, covered with Kleenex (or other bathroom tissues)..That's your first & BIGGEST problem, however, the scars WILL go away. You need a product withe several lightwniong agents, including azaelic acid, which inhibits further melanin production (no more spots. Your picking is a problem, but more importantly-WHAT are you using to cleanse & exfoliate your face? I hope you're using AHA's or BHA's in a gel for @ at least 2%. Forget about Benzoyl Peroxide- if you don't know what you're doing, ypu'll just dry up your skin, irritate ie it & STILL have blackheads. Hopefully you're NOT using soap- which is ALKALINE & presents a whole other group of problems. Good Luck!

Posted

I disagree. I think you should just exfoliate, to improve the turnover rate of your skin and just be patient. The marks will go, i assure you, unless you used a knife to pick them out of something.

The body is good at getting rid of exactly this sort of thing, just let it do its job.

Posted
The body is good at getting rid of exactly this sort of thing, just let it do its job.