Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sez

BEST TIPS FOR COVER UP

Use a brush to apply concealer, not your finger. I use a clean lip brush which I have never used for lipstick/gloss, it's just a really good shape. Cleanse your face normally, and let whatever moisturiser you use dry for at least 15 minutes before you start to apply make up. This allows it to its work, but also allows any redness you may have caused through washing and applying lotions to settle down - this reduces the risk of you putting on too much make up and appearing orange! So, once your skin has settled and is dry, apply a fair amount of concealer to your brush and gently tap the brush around your spot or the area of acne. Once you have done this, with a clean finger (your middle or ring finger gives the lightest, most natural finish) gently brush/smooth the concealer over the spot/acne. I mean gently - hardly touch your skin! This blends the make up, and doing it gently reduces redness. After doing your whole face, leave it for 5 minutes. Go back and look again after this period and if the spots still worry you, using the brush, dot concealer dead on the top/centre of each spot and gently blend down and out over the affected area using a clean finger. Allow this to set, and if necessary set with loose powder. I avoid foundation if possible, because I always end up with orange areas on my face! I use this method and I'm very pleased with the results, and my skin has actually improved through using a brush and avoiding foundation.

Just one major rule

>> Use an oil-free, non-comedogenic kind of concealer - this shouldn't block pores<<

Good Luck!!!

my skin gets so oily during the day, but is dry in the morning when i apply makeup- so should i use lotion before still?

my skin gets so oily during the day, but is dry in the morning when i apply makeup- so should i use lotion before still?

I HEARD THAT THOSE OIL SHEETS BLOCK PORES AND DONT LET OXEGEN THREW SO YOU GUYS MIGHT WANT TO LOOK INTO THAT. BUT I REFUSE TO BLEIVE THOSE SHEETS ARE MY SAVORS I LOVE THEM SO MUCH ITS CRAZY. LOL

I agree w/xXillusion - unless the sheets contain some sort of comedogenic substance (such as talcum powder, cornstarch, etc.) I can't imagine how they would cause pore blockage(?) I have been using the Clean and Clear brand for a couple of years now and haven't had any problems...

hey, do any of you know of where you can get cheap, but good brushes? I want to try what sez is recommending-that is to use a brush instead of my fingers. I went to MAC the other day and it was sooo expensive. shock.gif So if you guys know of anywhere, that'd be great!

Arya

hey, do any of you know of where you can get cheap, but good brushes? I want to try what sez is recommending-that is to use a brush instead of my fingers. I went to MAC the other day and it was sooo expensive.  shock.gif  So if you guys know of anywhere, that'd be great!

Arya

I absolutely love makeup & have tried lots of different brands to cover up acne. When my acne is really bad, I use MAC Studio Tech foundation, with the foundation brush. It is very thick, so I only use it mainly as cover up. It works VERY well in hiding dark spots from acne & current acne as well. MAC concealer also works very well for moderate acne, the kind in the little pot & use a concealer brush to cover the best. DO NOT I repeat DO NOT use the Maybelline Matte Mouse or whatever it's called foundation. It covers very well but is why my face has been so broken out. I continued to use it because It worked very but it only made my acne worse! Clinique concealer works pretty well too.