Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

glycolic acid is the most common of the alpha hydroxy acids available. it's a peeling agent, often used in high doses for chemical peels and in low doses in many cosmetics. it may help your skin "cycle through" faster, similar to how retinoids work: removing older skin at the surface, revealing newer skin beneath.

however, from what I've seen in the medical literature, it's not terribly effective.

See the "All clear w/AHA" thread. The glycolic acid product I and others were using is the Alpha Hydrox brand, which used to be available at CVS, but I haven't found it there in a few years. I've never checked for it at WalMart. I've gotten it at Rite Aid and Eckerds.

Actually it is pretty effective ppc, it basically 'removes' the glue that holds the top layer of your skin together. It sheds the top skin, unclogging pores and boosts collagen production. I used it for a month and it helped my acne out alot, but i didnt want to use it too much because of the long term effects... makes your skin too sensitive to the sun. I been on BP for 2 days now and it seems to be working well. biggrin.gif

I hope that BP works on me but I've been on it for more than two months now and I haven't seen significant results. I don't care much about wearing sunblock everyday. I just want to get really clear skin. With BP I haven't achieved that yet. All I get are large cystic zits and really flaky and dry skin. I moisturize every single day so it isn't for the lack of moisturizing. BP just dries me up so much.

Actually it is pretty effective ppc, it basically 'removes' the glue that holds the top layer of your skin together. It sheds the top skin, unclogging pores and boosts collagen production. I used it for a month and it helped my acne out alot, but i didnt want to use it too much because of the long term effects... makes your skin too sensitive to the sun. I been on BP for 2 days now and it seems to be working well.  biggrin.gif

If u want a glycolic acid product you can get at WalMart there is Neutrogena Healthy Skin Lotion. This product helped me out a lot in combination with other products. It comes in a white bottle and I use about 2 pumps every morning. Took a couple weeks for me to see results. Its pretty inexpensive compared to other glycolic acid products Ive seen.