Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alekha

being seen without makeup!!

I dont know when I am going to be able to walk down the road without makeup on...I dont even let my parents or my friends see me without makeup.. ninja.gif

If one of my friends is plannin to come over, I always make some kind of excuse to know exactly when they will be coming so that I can put the makeup on before they come...I have never ever been out of my house without makeup for the past 5 years..

And when I am walking or talking, I make sure that I have my "better" side near whoever I am talking/walking with...every single thing I do,acne is always lurkign in my mind, preventing me from being myself...it's like being in one hellish cage..u cant get out of it unless the acne goes away, and the acne simply wont go away..

I know that wearing makeup is bad and that I shouldnt wear makeup until my acne clears...but I just cant summon up the courage to let anyone see me without makeup..

The time when I dont wear makeup, I make sure that my face is covered either in medicine or with some kind of mask..

I remember once one of my friends gave me a surprise visit one morning and caught me without makeup...I couldnt even glance at her...I made an excuse, went to the bathroom with my makeup bag and came out with foundation on, pretending to have had a sudden urge to take a bath!!

I know all this must sound hilarious to someone who is not in the same position...but this is me..and this is the truth about me that noone knows...

I know many of you must be having a laugh at my expense...but I really dont mind...maybe there is someone out there who is as insecure as me...

ACNE SUCKS...BIG TIME!!

Hi - I know just what you mean! It's not often that I let anyone see me without concealer, and although it may be better to leave our skin completely fresh and natural, wearing make up isn't always that bad. I mean, for me, it gives me a sense of confidence, knowing that other people can't see my skin for what it really is! And talking to people on your 'better side'? Believe me - I do it too! If I've got a particularly horrible spot on one cheek, you can bet that I'm going to stand with that side away from everyone else! But anyway, don't stress about make up being bad for your skin, because as long as you choose oil-free and non comedogenic types of foundation/concealer/whatever - it won't clog your pores and so won't cause spots. But you say that whenever you're not wearing make-up you've either got medication or some kind of mask on your skin...if I were you, I would give my skin a little time off occassionally and leave it completely clean. Perhaps when you've got an evening to yourself or something? Anyway, I just have cleansed skin when it's just me at home, or if my skin is behaving itself I manage with just oil free moisturiser, which actually improves my skin tone. Please don't stress about wearing make up - if it's not harmful, improves your sense of well being and allows you to feel comfortable, then go for it - keep on using it! I know I will. Oh yeah, and about your mates - have you ever asked what make-up they wear? You'll probably be surprised...one of my best mates is very pretty, but won't be seen without mascara and eye shadow! We all have things we dislike about ourselves, but these issues are magnified to us and almost non existent to others. smile.gif

I know exactly how you feel... yesterday mom said I want a picture with you and dad next to the christmas tree. I said mom i am not putting on make up for one picture then getting a bath and washing it off and then putting it on again when my grandparents come... we will get a picture at night so i dont have to put on make up twice. Then we forgot anyways.

I let Paul see me with out make up a few times. he just doesnt say anything... even if its really bad... he knows i will probably knock him out... but the other day he said i am looking better *brownie points*

are you a guy or a girl? I am in the exact same shoes as you. I am a guy yes and I wear makeup. i have been for the past what....*thinks*, 4years now maybe 5. How pathetic is that. My acne is very light-moderate now, under control. I just get tiny ones every now and then mainly on the chin from hormones. Glad no more big ones. But my problem is red marks and pigmentation. I will not go anywhere without makeup and concealor on. I hate it, it gets depressing spending 30mins a day on it. But I have became such a pro in applying makeup, that I could become a MU one day, who knows.

OMG, i'm almost the same way as you. I don't care if my family sees me without it, they're my family. But friends & ppl who aren't relatives, yikes...I feel totally embarrassed if they see my bare skin.

Also BFs, i've never had a boyfriend see me without either. I would be too ashamed, it's sad living like this. I wonder how the hell is it going to be when I decide to get married. Am I going to be like this my husband too? wacko.gif

and you know what the most embarassing thing is? That my family knows I wear makeup. Because funny how one day they see my marks and all the redness then the next flawless. I feel like absolute crap. But really, in my life I absolutely NEED my makeup. I am 2 completely different people with and without it on.

Obsessedw/Skin, it is totally unfair that we feel this way. It's like we're punishing ourself, heck...it's not our fault. The day I find the man who is going to be my husband, he's going to totally accept me the way I am. That's something I can't change. Love will look through those flaws. smile.gif I know it's hard, we have to hang on there.

LOL...

I get cranky when my relatives(aunts) look at me with pitty. I hate that!! It makes me feel guilty, like it's my fault. I tell them this, "Hey, I have your genetics". And they stay shut, haha.

What about the thought of being pregnant? You can't use hardly anything!! I would love to have kids in the future but I cannot imagine going through nine months w/heavy oil & rough cysts on my face for that long. UGH!!! cry.gif

Obsessedw/Skin, it is totally unfair that we feel this way.  It's like we're punishing ourself, heck...it's not our fault.  The day I find the man who is going to be my husband, he's going to totally accept me the way I am.  That's something I can't change.  Love will look through those flaws.  smile.gif  I know it's hard, we have to hang on there.

Hey ladies, you're lucky that you can even wear makeup. Us men can't wear it because people can tell when we do. Being caught with makeup on is more embarassing than being seen with acne. Ocasionally I'll use one of those concealer sticks if I have a zit in a very unsightly place, but it can't go any further than that.

TDM, try using a face powder for acne prone skin. If you can't cover it with makeup. You can't ever tell with powder.

I really don't wear make up. I don't know how to wear one. I remember trying to put powder on my skin. My skin look weird. I hate it. I don't how you guys do it. But, give some tips. Cause' my skin color is very hard to find. Is kinda yellowish, peach and light....weird eh...

Oh, man - without my makeup I am afraid to be seen too!

I have avoided going swimming for years now...I hate the feeling of coming out of the water knowing that all my zits have come out of hiding....

Or when you go to the club, start dancing and sweating a bit, then go to the bathroom and look in the mirror redface.gif and hellooo THERE THEY ARE!!!! eusa_dance.gifcry.gif

Worst of all is when I was with my husband for the first time(before we got married and old together)... Knowing that all the sweating and whatnot had 1) melted the makeup off my face and 2) made what is there even redder.... ugh and wondering what he was thinking, looking at me like that, or what he though when he first saw me wake up in the AM or coming out of the shower... all times when your face is really exposed.

All I can say is this, ladies - if you are ever with a guy who DOES make you feel bad about yourself because of things he says or does to you, the worst thing you can do is allow it to keep happening. No matter how bad your acne is, or if you have put on weight or whatever.... if he genuinely cares about you, he won't make you feel bad.

eusa_think.gif And why should your FRIENDS be critical of how bad your face is? If they really are your friends, they won't, otherwise they aren't worth having around. If your friends have a problem with your acne - then that's the exact truth of it - THEY have the problem.

It's so hard to be comfortable in your own skin when that skin is something that you hate. But be kind to yourSELF - there is so much more to all of us than what's visible to the eye.

I wouldn't be caught dead without my foundation and I am only 13 its pretty sad eh... Its only really on my fore head and man do I have shitty foundation... I wish I could just zap all of it off:D

hi guys...

I have a problem..my boyfriend has invited me to his house for a family function..this is going to be the first time his folks see me...And I absolutely DO NOT want to go simply because I am ashamed to show my face to them...I cant imagine what they'll think...to make things worse, my boyfriend is a very handsome guy who never ever says anything bad abt my acne...It sometimes makes me feel guilty that he is in love with me when he could have had girls much much better looking than me..and his parents will probably think the exact same thing when thwey see me...

I've been making all sorts of excuses not to go but my boyfriend absolutely insists I must go...

what shall I do?? cry.gif

I would just wear my make up, try to be confident and wow them with your personality. Just show his parents what a great girl you are, and how lucky their son is to have such a nice girlfriend, lol! Don't worry, he must really like you to introduce you to his parents, and they'll recognise this, and understand you're important to him. They won't be looking at you and judging you - so have a great time!

are you a guy or a girl?  I am in the exact same shoes as you.  I am a guy yes and I wear makeup.  i have been for the past what....*thinks*, 4years now maybe 5.  How pathetic is that.  My acne is very light-moderate now, under control.  I just get tiny ones every now and then mainly on the chin from hormones.  Glad no more big ones.  But my problem is red marks and pigmentation.  I will not go anywhere without makeup and concealor on.  I hate it, it gets depressing spending 30mins a day on it.  But I have became such a pro in applying makeup, that I could become a MU one day, who knows.

i understand what you are going through- i go tanning, work out, do my hair, or whiten my teeth to feel more comfortable "natural". good luck

thanks to who ever invented makeup, especially foundation and concelar. I can let my family see me without makeup but whenever i go out i have to wear makeup even to the cornor store to get milk. i get jealous of people who can just come to school with a fresh face and chapstick. i feel like somewhat of a different person after i put on my makeup , its like an instant confidence boost. I only have lik 3 or 4 active acne but the red marks left are pretty bad. I have it mostly on my right side so i always make sure the person is on the left of me . But when i'm driving, the person has to be on the right confused.gif Acne really fucks u up eh