Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey Peeps ...

Hope you all had a fab Christmas ...

Anyway, I've been on roaccutane for 2 weeks now, and just wanted to show you some of the pics of my face along the way ... Oh yeah I've been using the antibiotic erythromycin ethylsuccina also (for four weeks now). Apart from that I haven't really used anything extra apart from that cetaphil gentle cleanser stuff.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/hearts_desir...rever/my_photos

As you can see, from Sept to Nov, the acne went from bad to worse. And in my opinion, since using roaccutane it's gotten a lot better. I hope and pray that it'll just continue. Anyway, I'll let you decide whether it's gotten better or worse ... leave comments if you want ... I'll keep you'se all updated with pics every week

Ta. Laters

Guest Craigems

In about 4 weeks or so u'll be saying ... "what acne"

Wk 3 of Roaccutane - The Results:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/hearts_desir...rever/my_photos

What I think - (Compared to Wk 2)

1) Looks a little redder but maybe a little smoother also? How come my skin colour looks different in wk3 pictures as opposed to wk2 pictures? Is that just due to the light levels around/time photo was taken or do you think my skin has really gone redder?

2) Has my acne gotten better from wk2 to wk3? Worse? Stayed the same? Should I see any improvements within the next few weeks or should things stay the same pretty much?

3) How long do you people reckon I'll need to be on Roaccutane for?

4) All those red/brown/purple marks, will they disappear with time? If not, how do I tackle with them after roaccutane is finished??

Anyway, gotta get going, thanks once again and yeah continue to write comments if u feel like it. Laters.

P.S - Oh yeah, for those who are wondering .... I see the dermatologist again in early Feb - What do you'se think he'll say/do by that stage?

It looks slightly better than the previous weeks photos. Theres obviously a big difference compared to your photos from mid november, pre accutane. You'll need to be on it at least 4 months for the best results. You look as though you're gradually improving so hopefully you should be fairly clear in a few months

Hey,

I'm at the end of month 3 and I still have a lot of red marks. These take a while to fade, upto a year actually. I have a theory. The longer it takes for them to fade, the more the skin heals scar wise. These red marks, which sometimes turn purple etc, are due to the body rushing more blood to the sites of injury. Capillaries are dilated with more blood for the lesions to be healed and contained. So, when you get the red marks, they're like little bruises that (because of the region) take a long time to fade. This is my analysis of the whole situation. So, if they go fast, that's great and if they take a longer time to fade then that's great too.