Notifications
Clear all

What type of acne scars do I have?

MemberMember
(@beldlindayahoo-com)

Posted : 09/12/2022 8:44 pm

I was looking into subcision but if I stretch my skin about 99% of scars get flatten. That means that they aren™t tethered so subcision won™t help much. So I think I have boxcars and ice pick. I need your guys opinion so I can seek the best treatment. Thank you A7DDA88C-CF14-4B86-89B2-11C5DA961DF5.jpeg.f3b6c2123298aeef21f4b923c28f6fde.jpeg88811516-01E3-47BC-9307-105DCE64432D.jpeg.6e6c19108840405a06bfb9ce20fda939.jpeg

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 09/12/2022 11:30 pm

2 hours ago, Lindbel said:

So I think I have boxcars and ice pick. I need your guys opinion so I can seek the best treatment. Thank you

They're mostly various degrees of boxcars. You will want to minimize those deeper boxcars with well-defined edges first. Lasers or TCA can help in that regard.

MemberMember
(@beldlindayahoo-com)

Posted : 09/13/2022 12:03 am

Thank you

MemberMember
(@insearch)

Posted : 09/13/2022 11:22 am

Thats an old myth started by one doctors and repeated in this board.. subcision works on all types of scars. Your scars are tethered, thats how scars work.

MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 09/14/2022 6:55 pm

Boxcars and icepicks. To be blunt some will suggest TCA cross but dear god try a few spots before having a doctor do all spots because many people they make worse, others they seem to work. The same notion goes for most procedures, do testing if possible, pay more if needed.

Ok now that that's done with, I had great success with super aggressive Dermabrasion but the trick with that is finding a doctor that goes deep but won't go so deep it causes injury. Back pre-laser in the 2000s some doctors did this and it really fixed my case of icepicks/boxcar. Now they sort of treat Dermabrasion like microdermabrasion nowadays, almost like a light dusting now vs aggressive previously.

There's some lasers that may help but I'm not that experienced with those and that might be harder to reach/blend.

I think that's where you should be considering. Subcision will do nothing because you have sharp edges and it's not that deep. It's just very sharp and numerous. If an area or two are too wide or deep it might pay to sort of excise before dermabrasion (maybe). Not sure.

Just based on personal experience I might take a plunge at very aggressive dermabrasion given your skin tone if you can find a doctor that is willing and experienced enough to go deep. For reference, I had my entire both cheeks dermabrasion, I was told "leave the bandages taped to my cheeks on and let scabs form that will push them off slowly. Then you have scabs big ones for 10-14 days. Those fall off. Then red skin 2 months, pink skin for another 8-9 months. So for reference, relay this exact chronology to any potential dermabrasion doc if they have no clue what this is, walk away. Because this is the only way I got great results. This chronology.

MemberMember
(@insearch)

Posted : 09/14/2022 7:50 pm

51 minutes ago, harmlessboy1441 said:

Boxcars and icepicks. To be blunt some will suggest TCA cross but dear god try a few spots before having a doctor do all spots because many people they make worse, others they seem to work. The same notion goes for most procedures, do testing if possible, pay more if needed.

Ok now that that's done with, I had great success with super aggressive Dermabrasion but the trick with that is finding a doctor that goes deep but won't go so deep it causes injury. Back pre-laser in the 2000s some doctors did this and it really fixed my case of icepicks/boxcar. Now they sort of treat Dermabrasion like microdermabrasion nowadays, almost like a light dusting now vs aggressive previously.

There's some lasers that may help but I'm not that experienced with those and that might be harder to reach/blend.

I think that's where you should be considering. Subcision will do nothing because you have sharp edges and it's not that deep. It's just very sharp and numerous. If an area or two are too wide or deep it might pay to sort of excise before dermabrasion (maybe). Not sure.

Just based on personal experience I might take a plunge at very aggressive dermabrasion given your skin tone if you can find a doctor that is willing and experienced enough to go deep. For reference, I had my entire both cheeks dermabrasion, I was told "leave the bandages taped to my cheeks on and let scabs form that will push them off slowly. Then you have scabs big ones for 10-14 days. Those fall off. Then red skin 2 months, pink skin for another 8-9 months. So for reference, relay this exact chronology to any potential dermabrasion doc if they have no clue what this is, walk away. Because this is the only way I got great results. This chronology.

Absolutely disagree! Subcision would work best whether scar is deep or not.. you build from below the skin not scratch from up top dealing with indented scars.. and where do you get the idea subcision wouldnt work because scar isnt that deep?

until I see 70,80,90 or 100 percent success with lasers, I dont see how subcision isnt a safer, smarter alternative.. the only issue of how many one needs and if the doctor hits it right