Notifications
Clear all

Need some help addressing my post accutane pitted scarring.

MemberMember
(@jasminehaibaigmail-com)

Posted : 11/02/2022 9:37 am

Alrighty so i visited the most trustworthy clinic i could find, i live in a really small country so i won't find better than this lol. The doctor actually told me i don't need anything and that i mostly have PIE which i mean yeah i have a lot of it but the pitted areas really bother me, which he said are really in good condition so I'm confused...?

He told me to wait a few months and if i still want to treat them i can come back and we could try.

The cost of the consultation alone is quiet costy so im thinking of visiting a hospital that treats scarring in a few months (funnily enough the head of that is the same guy who runs the clinic...) if they can't treat it i think I'm gonna give up all together. My mental health is worsening by each day.

What should i watch out for when they offer me treatments? I know some derms like to push lasers that don't always do much.

I attached pics in bad light and good lights 

I've started derma stamping instead of derma rolling. We will see if that takes me anywhere...

Screenshot_20221102-161852_Gallery.jpg.4085a169f2713baddaaf1d4764fea05a.jpg^this light bothers me the most do you think once my PIE goes away the pits wont look as noticeable?20221102_134353.jpg.1f25a39ca450ea684cdb2a1a96958a9b.jpg20221102_134113.jpg.2b216c88d3a893e9a83d6a97e3600724.jpg

MemberMember
(@jasminehaibaigmail-com)

Posted : 09/08/2022 5:34 pm

Hello!

I'll spare you any self pity paragraphs about how my skin makes me feel on a daily basis, recently i had to take accutane for a breakout on my face which evolved into a huge purge with cysts.

I took it for 8 months and this is my first month off it.

My dermatologist suggested co2 profractional but I'm having doubts its enough.

I heard good things about subcision before laser.

I dermaroll with a 1mm every few days i saw maybe 10% improvment.

Anyways what kind of scars do they look like? Are they even treatable? If so what would you recommend?

I can afford more or less so 4k usd in treatments any help is really appreciated thanks a bunch

MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 09/08/2022 5:46 pm

The good news is it's not sharp at all which are very much more noticeable and harder imo, it's very rolling and very texturish.

I don't really think dermarolling pays. I think it could hurt your skin barrier. That's just my opinion based on reading and observation so just try to keep that in mind.

I think a experienced surgeon that has done and knows the intracacies of subcision and/or filler would likely be your best bet. I'm not that experienced in lasers or fractional lasers, but I too doubt it will do much to rolling scars.

I would, however, suggest you test a few spots if you do decide to go with any procedure. I see your money is limited but try to find a decent doctor that wants to help and should try to test a spot or two see how it heals etc.

MemberMember
(@troner)

Posted : 11/02/2022 7:44 pm

-I have done a homemade 30% glycolic acid peeling once a week, it has helped me a lot to disappear hyperpigmentation,
yours is not so much, you will be fine

-subcision and some filler that stimulates collagen.

MemberMember
(@pinokyu)

Posted : 11/02/2022 8:45 pm

11 hours ago, copium said:

Alrighty so i visited the most trustworthy clinic i could find, i live in a really small country so i won't find better than this lol. The doctor actually told me i don't need anything and that i mostly have PIE which i mean yeah i have a lot of it but the pitted areas really bother me, which he said are really in good condition so I'm confused...?

He told me to wait a few months and if i still want to treat them i can come back and we could try.

The cost of the consultation alone is quiet costy so im thinking of visiting a hospital that treats scarring in a few months (funnily enough the head of that is the same guy who runs the clinic...) if they can't treat it i think I'm gonna give up all together. My mental health is worsening by each day.

What should i watch out for when they offer me treatments? I know some derms like to push lasers that don't always do much.

I attached pics in bad light and good lights 

I've started derma stamping instead of derma rolling. We will see if that takes me anywhere...

Screenshot_20221102-161852_Gallery.jpg.4085a169f2713baddaaf1d4764fea05a.jpg^this light bothers me the most do you think once my PIE goes away the pits wont look as noticeable?20221102_134353.jpg.1f25a39ca450ea684cdb2a1a96958a9b.jpg20221102_134113.jpg.2b216c88d3a893e9a83d6a97e3600724.jpg

I think subcision will do wonders for this.

Copium liked