Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DodoStain

Found a good solution for bacne.

I'm mostly a lurker here and I have read many posts. I have mild to moderate bacne that I've been trying to get rid of for a long time. I use to have it on my upper back and shoulders then all of sudden it cleared up but it just moved to my lower back and upper buttocks (which is strange and embarrasing). I read about how Dove Sensitive Skin body wash was working quite well for someone, so I decided to use it. So over the past month I have been using it and it made my skin noticibly softer. It didn't do much for my acne though. So I kept using Dove and decided to throw in some 10% BP in there at night before I go to bed (Clean & Clear's Persa Gel 10% Benzoyl Peroxide). I have been using it for about a week and a half and it has helped tremendously. My bacne is almost completely gone after 1 month of Dove and 1 week of BP. I believe in 2 more weeks my back will be completely clear. I use to have about 15-20 active pimples on my lower back everyday, mostly red looking underskin bumps and blackheads. Now I've counted 4 active pimples right now. I'm pretty much waiting for all the freakin' red marks to clear and the rest of the acne to go away and I'll be all set. Just thought I'd let you guys know!

Routine:

Dove Sensitive Skin Body Wash - Morning and Night

Clean & Clear's Persa Gel 10% Benzoyl Peroxide - Night

Does the BP bleach your clothing?

If so, are you having to wear all white, becuase wouldn't that get annoying?

Or, if you wash where you've put the BP, (a little while after it has soaked in) does it not bleach?

I would LOVE to use this BP regimine, except for the fact that it'll blecah anything it touches!

Can you explain this a little more. Thanks!

I only use BP at night before I go to bed so it doesn't bleach my clothes. You can wear an undershirt or something white of that nature to bed so it doesn't bleach your sheets.

i would suggest when your back is clear to stop using the bp and just use the body wash. dove body wash alone cleared my back in about 2-3 months and has kept it completely clear ever since. and all the red marks on my back are all gone! weeeee

Well, what kind of acne do you have? I discovered what mine is:

Papule: An inflammatory comedo that resembles a small, red bump on the skin.

and the occasional

Pustule: An inflammatory comedo that resembles a whitehead with a ring of redness around it.

Those combined is a type of acne known as:

Papulopustular: A type of acne characterized by the presence of papules and pustules.

I don't believe the Dove alone is strong enough.

i us naturalis purifying cleanser and acne treatment for my back acne. works within a day to reduce redness and swelling . second day, my acne is gone.

i used to have quite a few red bump pimples and little smaller pimples on my upper back and upper arms. it is totally and completely gone now thanks to dove sensitive skin body wash.

now i'm not saying we have exactly the same skin type, but i know this body wash has been a lot of peoples favorite body wash because it gets rid of bacne. it could be that you didn't wait long enough. i gathered from your other post that you used it about a month. it took me several months to get to where i am today. several months of persistant usage even though i wasn't seeing dramatic results. it slowly improved to 100% gone.

i'd say, when you're clear from using the persagel, try to phase yourself off of it, maybe by only using it every other night, then every 3 nights, etc. until all you need is the body wash. but if you start out being clear, and when you start phasing yourself off the bp, you start to break out a little again, i'd say go back to what you're doing. i love not having to worry about it or having to put anything on it, though. i'd also bet that using that little tube of persagel on such a large area like your back would add up to being pretty expensive, too. wink.gif

i also noticed you are taking two showers a day. that could be too many. once a day is enough, even if you exercise or something like that. also, are you scrubbing your back very hard with a loofah in the shower or a towel to dry it? bc you shouldn't. be gentle.

hope that helps. smile.gif

My back is like an armor, nothing can damage it. I can't even get 10% BP to dry it out and you think drying off with a towel will irritate? My skin is tough therefore I can get away with being rough.

Taking less than 2 showers isn't even an option for me. I don't stay in the shower for too long. I try to take relatively short showers (about 3 min in the morning, and 5-7 min at night). And at night at the end of my shower I turn it all the way on cold and stand under it for as long as I can (can only last like 20 seconds before I freeze). I know cold water is good for your skin and it also feels uniquely refreshing.

I find too many hot showers really dries my body and makes acne worst.

Cold showers, in the summer, but not winter! I don't want anything to shrink! achem..

I second the use of Dove Sensitive Skin Body wash, that stuff is great and leaves my skin really soft + is slowly clearing blemishes. Not to mention it's dermatologist recommended!

i just bought the sensative skin wash, gonna use it in about 5 minutes.

they also have a bar form of it, but i like the liquid

and have many of you had good results with this? well like getting totally cleared by just the ss body wash?

I'm not completely clear yet, unfortunately. My red marks are fading though, and I have one papule as of right now (on lower back). All in all, the Dove plus BP is helping tremendously and I'm one pimple away from being completely clear (besides ugly red marks)

-DodoStain

ooo yea hate bacne... if it's warm and you have access to a pool try swimming everyday for an hour or so. the chlorine is awesome clearing it up especially if it's sort of mild/not that serious

Hi there,

I am new to the forum although I have been using Dan's bacne regimine for about 3 weeks. I have always had winter bacne, strange that it seems to clear in the summer (or when I go tanning). Anyway, I think the key with the bacne regimine is the AHA. I have tried to moisturize after the BP gel with regular moisturizer but this doesnt seem to work. Too oily. So, my current plan is: wash with Basis soap, Neutrogena 2.5% all over the back followed by Vaseline's Healthy Body Complexion AHA lotion. (I already had this lotion which I needed to use anyway.)

So, what do you think about my regimine?

Also, I have a derm appt. next week to explore "new" options, but I refuse to take anything internal because I may be trying to get pregnant in the next year. Any suggestions?

What about the Dove Sensitive Skin body wash makes it work or different from say, the Basis bar?

TIA for responses.

Lily.

Hi there,

I am new to the forum although I have been using Dan's bacne regimine for about 3 weeks. I have always had winter bacne, strange that it seems to clear in the summer (or when I go tanning). Anyway, I think the key with the bacne regimine is the AHA. I have tried to moisturize after the BP gel with regular moisturizer but this doesnt seem to work. Too oily. So, my current plan is: wash with Basis soap, Neutrogena 2.5% all over the back followed by Vaseline's Healthy Body Complexion AHA lotion. (I already had this lotion which I needed to use anyway.)

So, what do you think about my regimine?

Also, I have a derm appt. next week to explore "new" options, but I refuse to take anything internal because I may be trying to get pregnant  in the next year. Any suggestions?

What about the Dove Sensitive Skin body wash makes it work or different from say, the Basis bar?

TIA for responses.

Lily.

Dodo, have you found any effective ways of fading the red marks on your back? My bacne has been calming down but there`s a shitload of red marks which suck just as much as the acne itself.