Notifications
Clear all

@#$%ing FINALLY getting clear

MemberMember
(@dantecubit)

Posted : 12/26/2004 12:16 am

Hello all. I've been lurking around here for some time, occasionally posting where I could be of help. My acne has always been moderate, but bad enough that it affected my mood and I wanted it gone. Nothing I tried worked really well (I want to be 95% + clear) until pretty recently. Here's what I changed:

1) Started on a liver, kidney and blood cleansing tea

2)Started taking non-dairy probiotic

These 2 things have had phenomenal results. But first, the details:

1) For the tea, I researched an extensive list of herbs. I buy: red clover flowers, burdock root, yellow dock root, dang quai root, milk thistle seed, cleavers, schisandra berries, echinacea, and dandelion root. I won't go into specifics but everything's in there for a reason. I grind the milk thistle and put a little bit of everything into a pot and simmer for 30 minutes. Things that are more expensive I use less of. I drink this and then simmer and drink again, 2-4 times.

2) My Probiotic It has 4 billion cells per capsule, with 6 strains of bacteria. Rather than taking 4 at once, I take 1 between meals, 3-4 times a day.

That's it. Costs me 1-2 dollars a day, if that. I highly recommend anyone explore these options before giving up. I almost did. My diet, cleansing and supplement regimen remain unchanged for 4 months of so so I don't think they've played a part, but here they are anyway:

1) Diet is pretty starving-student simple. I live on eggs, quinoa, soba, miso and veggies.

2) Supplements include fish and hemp seed oils, vitamin C ascorbate, grape seed extract, vitamin E, alpha lipoic acid and hyaluronic acid. I take these not for my skin but for general health.

3) My cleanser is the best in the world. My cleanser I start with that and add a strong infusion of green tea, camomile, rooibos and honeybush. Then I add grape seed extract and matcha green tea powder.

I am so happy it is beyong words. I've blown hundreds of dollars but it's all worth it now. Hope this helps some people and spread the word, liver and bowel health equals clear skin.

(PS to al the skeptics like Ben, what of the studies that say silymarin, the main beneficial compound of milk thistle can treat chronic inflammatory skin conditions when taken INTERNALLY? Don't have references now but will modify post with them later.)

MemberMember
(@dantecubit)

Posted : 12/27/2004 5:46 pm

Anyone going to respond? People, I am over 90% clear, clearer than i've been in years, with NO MORE worrying about what I eat.

MemberMember
(@benkweller)

Posted : 12/27/2004 5:59 pm

Congrats.

"PS to al the skeptics like Ben, what of the studies that say silymarin, the main beneficial compound of milk thistle can treat chronic inflammatory skin conditions when taken INTERNALLY? Don't have references now but will modify post with them later."

I don't deny its ability to treat chronic inflammatory skin conditions since I know nothing about it and don't pretend to; however, that addresses skin while your liver doesn't. You can't mix apples and oranges by saying, "My liver flush cured me" and then say, "Oh yeah so I used something known to simply treat skin..."

But congrats.

MemberMember
(@funk)

Posted : 12/28/2004 1:42 pm

Hello all. I've been lurking around here for some time, occasionally posting where I could be of help. My acne has always been moderate, but bad enough that it affected my mood and I wanted it gone. Nothing I tried worked really well (I want to be 95% + clear) until pretty recently. Here's what I changed:

1) For the tea, I researched an extensive list of herbs. I buy: red clover flowers, burdock root, yellow dock root, dang quai root, milk thistle seed, cleavers, schisandra berries, echinacea, and dandelion root. I won't go into specifics but everything's in there for a reason. I grind the milk thistle and put a little bit of everything into a pot and simmer for 30 minutes. Things that are more expensive I use less of. I drink this and then simmer and drink again, 2-4 times.

2) My Probiotic It has 4 billion cells per capsule, with 6 strains of bacteria. Rather than taking 4 at once, I take 1 between meals, 3-4 times a day.

That's it. Costs me 1-2 dollars a day, if that. I highly recommend anyone explore these options before giving up. I almost did. My diet, cleansing and supplement regimen remain unchanged for 4 months of so so I don't think they've played a part, but here they are anyway:

1) Diet is pretty starving-student simple. I live on eggs, quinoa, soba, miso and veggies.

2) Supplements include fish and hemp seed oils, vitamin C ascorbate, grape seed extract, vitamin E, alpha lipoic acid and hyaluronic acid. I take these not for my skin but for general health.

3) My cleanser is the best in the world. My cleanser I start with that and add a strong infusion of green tea, camomile, rooibos and honeybush. Then I add grape seed extract and matcha green tea powder.

I am so happy it is beyong words. I've blown hundreds of dollars but it's all worth it now. Hope this helps some people and spread the word, liver and bowel health equals clear skin.

(PS to al the skeptics like Ben, what of the studies that say silymarin, the main beneficial compound of milk thistle can treat chronic inflammatory skin conditions when taken INTERNALLY? Don't have references now but will modify post with them later.)

Hello

Can you please tell me what do u mean when u say ... "]My cleanser I start with that and add a strong infusion of green tea, camomile, rooibos and honeybush. Then I add grape seed extract and matcha green tea powder."

How exactly do you add these things? are you buying these products seperately?

Also your tea...you buy all of those herbs and boil them together everyday?

IS this time consuming?

MemberMember
(@dantecubit)

Posted : 12/28/2004 5:56 pm

Congrats.

I don't deny its ability to treat chronic inflammatory skin conditions since I know nothing about it and don't pretend to; however, that addresses skin while your liver doesn't. You can't mix apples and oranges by saying, "My liver flush cured me" and then say, "Oh yeah so I used something known to simply treat skin..."

But congrats.

I don't see how I mixed apples and oranges. Even if the mechanism of silymarin's action on the skin is not via the liver, it still worked. Since milk thistle is such an excellent liver protector and the liver is the primary organ it acts on, I'm assuming it worked via the liver. If you don't believe in liver/kidney/blood cleansing, how do you explain milk thistle acting on the skin? I mean, it has to have some mechanism of action. But I don't care about arguing and finding a unified theory for alternative medicine. All I know is it works.

Hello

Can you please tell me what do u mean when u say ... ]My cleanser I start with that and add a strong infusion of green tea, camomile, rooibos and honeybush. Then I add grape seed extract and matcha green tea powder."

IS this time consuming?

For the cleanser, I buy the salicylic acid product separately and add all the others. I mix the green tea, rooibos, honeybush and camomile in a mug and add hot water. I filter this and add the liquid to the cleanser. Then add grape seed extract and matcha.

As for the other one, yes I buy them separately in an herb store and boil together. Yes, it's a bit time consuming. You could buy a lot at once and make capsules or something. It'd be faster.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/29/2004 3:26 am

Question:

How does cleansing your kidneys, liver, and blood make acne better?

MemberMember
(@beba)

Posted : 12/31/2004 9:02 pm

hi dantecubit. congrats on getting clear! what type of acne did you have and for how long? have you ever tried the epsom salt paste to dry out your blemishes in the past?

what types of treatments have you tried in the past that did not work?

MemberMember
(@hissingstep)

Posted : 06/25/2016 3:02 pm

On 28 December 2004 at 6:42 PM, Funk said:

Hello

Can you please tell me what do u mean when u say ... "]My cleanser I start with that and add a strong infusion of green tea, camomile, rooibos and honeybush. Then I add grape seed extract and matcha green tea powder."

IS this time consuming?

On 29 December 2004 at 8:26 AM, DodoStain said:

Question:

How does cleansing your kidneys, liver, and blood make acne better?

Research!!! Lol

On 28 December 2004 at 6:42 PM, Funk said:

Hello

IS this time consuming?

What's wrong with you? Perhaps they make it once it twice a week and store cheaper than most products on the high street

MemberMember
(@zeroe)

Posted : 08/21/2016 11:58 pm

On 12/25/2004 at 9:16 PM, dantecubit said:

You have so much going on... What's a good starting point or what you done that you think that has helped the most!

MemberMember
(@kelbell812)

Posted : 08/22/2016 7:34 am

On 6/25/2016 at 4:02 PM, Hissingstep said:
What's wrong with you? Perhaps they make it once it twice a week and store cheaper than most products on the high street

I am pretty sure you took that person's comment the wrong way. It sounds like he was just asking an honest question for further clarification - not in a condescending way.