Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ObsessedwithSKIN

This is a very depressing Christmas for me *cries

The holidays seem to be getting more and more depressing for me as the years go on. Christmas and New years, the entire 10 day stretch and the time leading up to Christmas. Everyone has such enjoyment, I don't. It is because I am single. Don't want to sound desperate, but I really need a girlfriend. Someone to hang out with, get to know, spend time with, care for, etc. I am 23 and still live at home with mom and dad. I feel ashamed because I haven't branched onto my own wing yet. I don't even have any good friends. My best friend is overseas and I most likely won't ever see him again. He just got married and had a kid. I have never had a girlfriend (well significant one). I don't know anymore. It's bed time for me soon. Hope under the sheets with the puppy...I am so lonely right now, I feel like just crying myself to sleep. I'm sick of being such a loner in life, i feel so parted from the real world.

Im single myself and sometimes all I want is to hold someone! I think its the thing most people want,to be loved wub.gif I think in ur situation it would be good if u could find ur own place,maybe look for some flatmates wanted advertisments!! if u do tht uve already met new ppl who will knw ppl,and u might even find someone!! Its 2004 the net is a great way to make friends,im sure there are ppl u could swap email addys on here with smile.gif mines sativa [email protected]!!add me if u like, I have ppl tht i could introduce u to cool.gif

Guest Brandon

Dude, you're back?! That's cool. You're never alone here. You shouldn't leave anymore. Don't try anything extreme again, man. You know how to talk to me if you need to.

You know I feel like a real jerk right now. I am sure that my relatives think I can be a jerk sometimes. When really I am not. Im just depressed and down at times. Tonight I didnt even go upstairs when they got here until dinner was ready. I always am up there to say hi and welcome them every Christmas. And I didnt even say merry christmas! I feel real bad right now. Because had I maybe had a friend over, or knowing I have some fun plans to look forward to. Basically have company over, watch movies, talk cheesy stuff, etc. The whole friend ship thing, I would be alot more talkactive tonight. I just wasn't myself tonight. My cousins (who I know I don't nessecarily get along with), were very polite at the table tonight. They said thank you to my parents for dinner (they never did before), and even kindly asked me for a glass. I was polite too, but just not talkactive like how I normally am.

Being depressed is killing me inside, it really is. That is why it didn't even feel like a Christmas to me. Half of my family was missing, cause they were spending it with their hubby's side of the family this year. I don't know what to say. Loneliness has really killed me, and I am really afraid. Tears are about to run down my cheeks right now - but I am fighting it, I really am. That is what's causing my depression, always being alone all the time, everywhere I go.

I don't even have any friends in school, and I am done 1 whole semester so far. I am getting put into the other class this 2nd semester. Same course, just the other half of the students. I am desperate right now making friends, hate to say it. I don't know what to do. I don't want this to sound like an exuse, but right now I don't qualify for couselling. I have tried. I am not covered by my health insurance. Plus, it is near impossible finding time when going to school and working. I did however, visit the school counsellor on a weekly basis, about 7-8 times, until she eventually told me to fuck off and never come back to see her again! So much for school counsellors.

What people don't realize is that I am hurting much more inside than they really think. I was suicidal last summer, not anymore. But just severely lonely. It's almost like I don't deserve to have any friends (good ones that is), it is a part of life that I don't get to be a part of and that is why I feel so parted from reality and what life has to offer.

Sorry for the long post =(

Guest Brandon

I'm glad to see you back, Steve. I hope you decide to stay this time, because you won't be lonely here. I'm in the same situation as you just about, man. I'm here for you.

fuck the school counselors...i don't know about the canadian school system but the america's sucks more often than not. just forget them, concentrate on yourself. make some goals (maybe like being financially stable to move out??)...take baby steps to achieving them. little achievements build confidence...the confidence you'll need to hold your head up, smile, and get noticed. easier said than done, i know. hope you feel better, best of luck...

Hey I am 24, still live with mom and dad (really dont want to move out alone), i have no real boyfriend.... and i am depressed cause of it. I was dating this guy but he isnt in love with me like i am in love with him so i had to just walk away. been 2 days and so far I am ok but still depressed. I dont have many friends that I hang out with so i mostly stay at home a lot... i am really depressed now my ex is spreading lies about me on my online journal... its messed up. I feel i cant find a good man either. if u wanna talk- email- [email protected] or yahoo messenger-- casketcrewchick

Feel better soon! i am trying not to get too depressed...

this is going to sound a little lame, but try listening to dr. wayne dyer's tapes. i know you're thinking, hell no, i'm not going to go out and buy some random dude's tapes and listen to them. but just try it. it can't hurt. i saw him talking to a huge audience about 3 nights ago. he made me cry a few times. he made me realize things. i saw things in a different light and i saw my own mistakes. and i felt better after all of it. so just try it, ok? he's an amazing person. he was at a low point in his life so this isn't just some guy who hasn't experienced any hardships and who has the nerve to try and help people. he's been there and done that and he's just awesome. give dr. wayne dyer a try. he has books, too, if you don't want to try the tapes. but i think the sound of his voice is much more helpful.

Well dude, I hope you're feeling better by the time you read this. I am going through a very similar patch. Its hard. The loneliness is the hardest right? I don't know what to say to make you feel better, because I don't know how to do that for myself.

I started taking meds, after 7 years of thess messed up feelings. Maybe you should try?

Sorry, not much help here.

Byz, goodnight

Feel better man...Im in the same boat almost, no girl, I have friends, but most are so flaky I dont even want to hang out with them. Im starting school again(21 year old) and feeling really lonley, especially during holidays.

The problem Im having is people are just cutting me down all the time. "your so inmature, small, weak..." It hasn't really gotten to me, but latly I just dont want to hear it and Im ready to just leave this town....My acne doesn't even have anything to do with this really. wow, thought i would never say that....

Hang in the bro, your not alone

hey man

im feeling the same way u are,, feeling so lonely is a real bitch,,

i avoid my friends, family get togethers, and even college, i missed soo much class because acne and the scarring, i only go when i have to if theres a test or something,

i recently started the regimen and alot of my acne has been under control, but i got marks everywhere from old acne

hang in there, stay strong,

hey bud. Take comfort in the fact that you are not alone. I too am walking the path of solitude and I can relate to the way you feel. I will tell you quite honestly, that my biggest fear is looking back when I am older, seeing a trail of aloneness and knowing that my one life to live was so abnormal and quite contrary to most. I often felt that death for me at least was more preferable than that intense feeling of pain in your heart. I carried a firearm for the past four years everyday and constantly I had my mind on the possibilities of freeing myself from this agony. While I don't have these extreme feelings now the pain back then was real to me. The pain of longing for someone. The pain of feeling not good enough for anyone. The agony of never being able to hold a woman's hand while you walk in public, or feeling her warm body next to yours as you hold her in your arms at night or simply having a woman say I love you. Yeah I know that feeling of pain and it hurts so bad. I've had sexual relations, but i've never had a REAL relationship. I know what your feeling. If your ever into chatting it up, please pm me. heck, we have something in common already.

Here's a quote I came across that I really liked.I would like to share it with you.

"To dare to live alone is the rarest courage; since there are many who had rather meet their bitterest enemy in the field, than their own hearts in their closet."

* Charles Caleb Colton

^ thanks everyone! biggrin.gif

Ya i don't know how to feel towards girls and friends in life. It's almost like I don't deserve to have a significant other or something to hang out with. I will be spending another new years at home, alone, in my basement in my PJ's probably playing video games and watching New year party shows wishing I was out. Again, friendship to me and finding a girl just seems so far from reality, it's just not gonna happen with me. cry.gif

ObsessedwithSKIN: I am in the same boat, if it helps anything. 20year old guy stuck at home. Lost all friends and never had a girlfriend. Just living my own sad life...

Why dont you go out and join some clubs or something? meet girls and make friends.

You need to show some initative, sometimes its too easy just to sit on your own and be depressed when you could go out and do something about it.

Good luck.

well im usually not this depressed, I think its cause of the holidays and i have all this time on my hands. Im in college full time and work part time, so as you can imagine Im normally very busy. The last 4 days have just been depressing. Especially the last day of work, I was so excited for Xmas and getting the much needed break, but once I stopped by the mall on my way home form work to get some gifts, it really hit me. Seeing couples holding hands, everyone is with someone, and here I am ALONE - the loner that I am. sad.gif

I dont have a GF either right now, nor do about half the population this time of year, we're all in the same boat.

Hey I am 24, still live with mom and dad (really dont want to move out alone), i have no real boyfriend.... and i am depressed cause of it. I was dating this guy but he isnt in love with me like i am in love with him so i had to just walk away. been 2 days and so far I am ok but still depressed.  I dont have many friends that I hang out with so i mostly stay at home a lot... i am really depressed now my ex is spreading lies about me on my online journal... its messed up. I feel i cant find a good man either. if u wanna talk- email- [email protected] or yahoo messenger-- casketcrewchick

Hey I am 24, still live with mom and dad (really dont want to move out alone), i have no real boyfriend.... and i am depressed cause of it. I was dating this guy but he isnt in love with me like i am in love with him so i had to just walk away. been 2 days and so far I am ok but still depressed.  I dont have many friends that I hang out with so i mostly stay at home a lot... i am really depressed now my ex is spreading lies about me on my online journal... its messed up. I feel i cant find a good man either. if u wanna talk- email- [email protected] or yahoo messenger-- casketcrewchick

I'm going to be home alone on New Years Eve too sad.gif I would have gone out but i'm breaking out pretty badly and so if it stays like this i know that i wont venture out.

I hate being so depressed and it's depressing that we're all here feeling the same!

I'm going to be home alone on New Years Eve too sad.gif I would have gone out but i'm breaking out pretty badly and so if it stays like this i know that i wont venture out.

I hate being so depressed and it's depressing that we're all here feeling the same!

Yeah, I can relate to you, I'm 27 and still at home. I've never had a girlfriend and I really don't have any friends so I stay home alot too, work then go home and do some Bible studies. So depressing the way my life is right now!  sad.gif

Guest Brandon
I've just said "fuck it" lately, and just gone out....and if anybody cares, then that's their problem.... IF somebody is going to judge me on how I look then they can suck on my big toe

I don't care what people think anymore, if I look like shit I'm still gonna go out to work and things and if anybody says something then I'm intelligent enough to comeback with something and they can....basically..... fuck off because I don't care what anybody thinks

Best way to do it tongue.gif sooo much happier now :biggrin.gif

poor baby, i know what your going through, i just went through a 7-month-long heartbreak and lifes a bitch. the thing is tho, if you want things to change, you need to make the changes yourself. get out there and make friends! in class, ask the dude across the isle for a pencil, strike up a convo, something! theres always something you can do to make your situation better. sit down, list all your problems, and next to them, things you can do to fix them. if you cant think of anything, just remember that time solves all. im having issues with acne too, im failing classes and no guy will look me in the eye, and all my friends say im being a bitch, and my two best friends just started dating so im a third wheel, but you just have to hold your head up and rise above it. that sounded corny as hell, but there you have it- no misery is permanent. eusa_dance.gif