Notifications
Clear all

Acne Scar Journey

MemberMember
(@froyosh)

Posted : 08/03/2022 9:01 pm

The results look decent though. I can see your right side have good improvement.

I have quite similar scars as you. Literally very similar, including the way of improvements. And I am Asian too...It might be a little bit off without seeing your scars in different angles. I am considering doing a phenol peel with Dr. Rullan some time end of this year. Hopefully that should smooth out majority of the residual scars (I don't mind do it one more time next year if necessary and seeing good improvement).

Regarding Erbium, if it's not full field and deep (shaves off a decent layer of the top-level skin), I don't think it will produce happy result. However, I doubt there is any doctor is willing to do that in US. Fractional erbium sucks, as it does not deliver heat to cause skin shrinking. If you does it deeply, it leaves you thousands of laser grid marks that cannot heal even after a year. Also, fractionated thing will never make your skin smooth, especially for people like us that have scars distributed all over the face.

Btw, how do you feel about Dr. T and Taylor Liberator? Do you think that's the thing did the most among Dr. T's combo? Also, could you mark the three scars get excised? Looks they healed pretty well.

MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 08/03/2022 9:26 pm

I think you got very decent improvement. To be honest if the redness wasn't highlighting the scars it would blend much better. Good luck on anything else like the laser. But I think you did pretty good so far.

I'm not much of a fan of TCA but maybe the way you got it was the key in it being successful. Did you get just a TCA peel? Or Cross method? I see you got phenol cross maybe that was more beneficial.

Spending $15k though at least you got good results for that price. Wish you luck on continued progress. Certainly you did pretty good.

MemberMember
(@froyosh)

Posted : 08/03/2022 11:28 pm

1 hour ago, Kayy0909 said:

I was actually thinking of the phenol peel as well. SD is much more convenient than going back to SLC.

Thanks for educating me on Erbium. I really don't know much about it, so I do need to do more research on it. I just know that CO2 is out of the question because of my skin color.

I feel like the taylor liberator did make a huge difference as well as the fotona laser he used for tangential resurfacing, but then again I'm not too sure. I think Dr. H also uses the fotona laser. Yes, I'll pm you a photo of the scars he excised.

Actually Ultrapulse CO2 is commonly used for Asian skin. It has very short pulse so the energy delivery is very accurate. However, I am not seeing many derms doing it. I did Ultrapulse in the past, definitely it's way better than Erbium alone. But again, anyway, I don't like laser nowadays, as it really need to take many many sessions to smooth the skin.

MemberMember
(@dnladderup-net)

Posted : 08/04/2022 2:23 am

Do you think you still have some swelling from the tl subcision/ tumescent anesthesia?

MemberMember
(@kelbyhaul)

Posted : 08/04/2022 11:08 am

Sorry about your experience with Dr. H... $8200 for a Taylor subcision soundssohigh. I paid $4500 for a similar treatment that you had with had with Dr. T (Taylor sub, fractional C02, TCA), and your results from that are awesome! Mine were also great, and I'll be doing another sub/fC02 in a few months.

We're gonna do a less aggressive sub this time though instead of Taylor, and I'd say something like that would be my suggestion for you. If you went full Erbium, it'd probably have to be really deep. Dr. T seems like a good one though so I'd probably just follow his advice.