Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HC9

Swimming and acne

I am going to start swimming 3x a week. I was wondring if the chlorine is going to be really bad for my acne. Do you think it will make me breakout or be really damaging?

It has been my experience that the chlorine in pool water helps clear up acne. If you stay in the water for at least half an hour, and dunk your head frequently, your skin is going to be sanitized by the chlorine. Be sure to use a clean towel to dry off. It's best not to use a towel on your face. Just let it air dry.

it dont make any bad, i think its the same .. but what it notice is that after the pool the places of my face where i put BP are over dryed

byeee

helped me, but i my bacne prevented me from going out with friends and swimming alot and shit

gaysauce

Guest Brandon

Go steal some pool water and soak in it for a while.

Guest Amy Lee

Help! I'm enrolled for 12 sessions and tomorrow starts my swimming lessons! Terrible body acne...

When chlorine comes in contact with oil thats in the upper layer of your skin, it turns it to soap,which is then washed away if you take a shower.Thats why your hands feel soapy after using bleach to clean something. Since it strips your skin of its surface oils it can get overly dry after, but i been swimming a lot when i had serious body acne and combination of tanning and pool water made it almost dissapear.

The most important thing is to take a shower after swimming in a pool and you'll be fine.

Im going ot be a swim insturcot/lifeguard this summer so im gonna be in the water 5 out of 7 days a week.

Im pretty sur eit will help my skin.