Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
whsfball24

Accutane and Benzoyl Peroxide

Would i benefit from using Accutane and Benzol Peroxide together...ive take 3 and a half months of accutane and was just wondering if anyone has tried or knows if this is a good idea or not?

not a good idea!!!! you probably dont even feel it or notice it but accutane makes your skin really dry and adding benzoyl peroxide would any make it more dry. Too much dryness isnt good, slows the healing process, and your skin is very unhealthy when its that dry. Just let accutane do its work, you still have a few more months to go. I just finished my 5th month on accutane and Im glad i went on it.

not a good idea!!!! you probably dont even feel it or notice it but accutane makes your skin really dry and adding benzoyl peroxide would any make it more dry. Too much dryness isnt good, slows the healing process, and your skin is very unhealthy when its that dry. Just let accutane do its work, you still have a few more months to go. I just finished my 5th month on accutane and Im glad i went on it.

Also, it would cause other problems like uneven shedding of skin cells and uneven skin tone etc.

def not worth it.

Happy Holidays...

I've been on Accutane for 2.5 months now, and have used BP the entire time while on it. I moisturize 2-3 times a day, and have noticed that my skin is fine. I use it before bed, along with moiturizer, and apply moisturizer again when I wake up. My skin may be a little dryer than it would be if I were not applying BP, but I believe I have benefitted from using the two combined.

i personally know of people that tend to still use their previous prescriptions(differn,retin-a,benz etc.) while on accutane with no adverse effects except for drying.....some just can't handle the drying and actually bleed, it is not recommend of course