Notifications
Clear all

Not sure what to do next- laser?

MemberMember
(@handcarinagmail-com)

Posted : 07/24/2022 6:17 pm

I have had 2 microneedlings, 1 radiofrequency microneedling,  

and most recent in late may-  tca cross and subcision. 

honestly feel like little results? Not sure.  
 Before the tca/subcision: (pic with gold earrings) 

And the after pics (last 2 pics) (no earrings): 

I feel like at most the scars are maybe less tethered but the edges from the scar is still casting shadows. Idk if any treatments at this point except maybe full ablation laser doing any more progress 

what should i try next.  Fully ablative laser co2?  I consulted with a plastic surgeon and thats what she suggested.  Idk anymore.  Worried about fat loss from lasers so it scares me but i might just have her do the scarred parts and not the healthy skin. D1C1EE96-52E7-4620-A3E5-74E921C1B9C7.png.9d90e8f3be09d0ef5586cd184af3c3e1.png06EC946D-73B7-4249-8B7F-674FE9372351.png.e4ea265f295568f256cd5242e406f9bc.png512B7292-1FB7-4A24-8C9D-52457F395914.png.eb3f3320219a1874ee6fef1804b099ae.png

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 07/24/2022 8:57 pm

The skin still look tethered. Try Taylor subcision by the way what kind of subcision you had there is a chance of lumps but you have to take that risk to see the improvement

MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 07/25/2022 4:28 pm

IMO there's gotta be some subcision/filler solution to those scars. You're not going to be able to sand, blend or zap those down because it's a matter of sharpness/atrophy in the end.

The fact that a plastic surgeon suggested CO2 is just not a good call on this imo. I think your problem is just surgeon experience. Not many surgeons know or are that great at subcision for whatever reason don't ask me. It should be a simple procedure but it seemingly involves experience, talent or degree or angles or something.

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 07/25/2022 7:53 pm

3 hours ago, harmlessboy1441 said:

IMO there's gotta be some subcision/filler solution to those scars. You're not going to be able to sand, blend or zap those down because it's a matter of sharpness/atrophy in the end.

The fact that a plastic surgeon suggested CO2 is just not a good call on this imo. I think your problem is just surgeon experience. Not many surgeons know or are that great at subcision for whatever reason don't ask me. It should be a simple procedure but it seemingly involves experience, talent or degree or angles or something.

I agree. You can get laser treatments but you probably won't get good bang for your buck. It's best to blend the scars in first. I know it's tough because TCA Cross can take a while. Subcision for a second time with another doctor could be a consideration.

MemberMember
(@handcarinagmail-com)

Posted : 07/27/2022 8:21 am

On 7/25/2022 at 4:28 PM, harmlessboy1441 said:

Do you think it would be worth the trip to utah to get taylor liberator subcision? I dont think anyone near me does it

On 7/25/2022 at 7:53 PM, Amanda Hall said:

I agree. You can get laser treatments but you probably won't get good bang for your buck. It's best to blend the scars in first. I know it's tough because TCA Cross can take a while. Subcision for a second time with another doctor could be a consideration.

The sad thing is i had to travel 4-5 hours just to go see this doc that performed subcision. Not many around me do it. Might have to book a flight.

MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 07/27/2022 5:34 pm

9 hours ago, Ccmeow said:

Do you think it would be worth the trip to utah to get taylor liberator subcision? I dont think anyone near me does it

You're probably going to have to travel. Like it or not acne scars is a shunned category. Doctors nowadays want the least amount of work for the most benefit/cost. That's why I call them botox docs. They shifted moreso to this after lasers were promulgated around 2010. I was on these boards and everyone was jumping on the laser bandwagon after my dermabrasion did well, yet lasers have seemed much weaker and more hit or miss over the years. Yet it lets doctors just push buttons, not much talent.

As for taylor liberation that's getsmart's area. I would say this, it is by nature "Deep subcision" so go with an expert to increase your odds in your favor. No amateurs with anything deep or you're just throwing dice.

I take it when you say Utah you mean dr. mark taylor? Probably expensive but hey you can't put a price on acne scar progress that's my belief. So get the odds in your favor. Make no mistake there are risks with it that's why if it was me I'd go to someone who has done 1000s and knows the anatomy. Ask getsmart his opinion on Dr. Taylor.