Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HC9

Thinking Accutane

Hey everyone! I was wondering if I switch to accutane (currently on mino and tazorac) do you think I will have a bad intial breakout or if since I will be on these meds up until I get accutane paerhaps I won't get the breakout. Has anyone done a switch like this and what was your experience? Thanx for the help.

Guest Craigems

Yeh i was on mino for about 9 weeks at 200mg a day b4 i went on Accutane.... but my plan for accutane is tailored for me and most people have a different plan of attack, anyways i didnt have any initial breakout ... but i was taking prednisone mino and accutane and it helped prevent it (but i was safely monitored and it was low doses of each).

im done accutane as of today. I didn't really have an initial breakout, in fact my skin was near perfect after 2 weeks of accutane, but i broke out a lot in the beginning of month 2. I think that could have been my initial breakout, but right now after 5 months my skin is looking great, feeling great, but there is a lot of redmarks which i hope will go away. I wouldn't worry about the initial breakout too much, it doesn't last too long and clear skin is worth it.