Notifications
Clear all

Any positive reviews on kenalog to treat Subcision lump?

MemberMember
(@fory0608)

Posted : 07/14/2022 3:13 pm

Curious if anyone has had a positive result with using Kenalog to treat Subcision lumps? I have searched this site and only seem to find bad outcomes. Either no result or atrophy. I have seen a plastic surgeon who told me to absolutely not let someone treat the lump with kenalog as he fears I will experience atrophy. On the other hand a dermatologist I consulted with wants to try a series of very diluted kenalog injections. Also wondering what Kenalog in Suspension is vs. Kenalog in Solution. (Supposedly Kenalog in solution is better because it will stay where it is injected and not spread). If I decide to give Kenalog a try I am hopeful to have the DR. start my series with 1.5%. (I think 2.5% is what is normally used for an acne cyst). But I also know besides dilution the volume of injection plays a roll. I am not looking for any quick fix. Any pointers or suggestions?

MemberMember
(@orangelaser162gmail-com)

Posted : 07/14/2022 10:52 pm

if youre not looking for a quick solution, maybe massaging daily and red light therapy? minoxidil might help too: look up the study on it treating clubfoot, another subcutaneous fibrotic condition. maybe prp injections?

MemberMember
(@oj593)

Posted : 07/15/2022 3:00 pm

I did 1 injection, it was diluted and a very low dose, helped a lot though. Still got the lump but its much better.

I think it depends on how big the lump is as well, mine was quite visible

MemberMember
(@fory0608)

Posted : 07/17/2022 5:29 pm

On 7/15/2022 at 4:00 PM, Oj593 said:

I did 1 injection, it was diluted and a very low dose, helped a lot though. Still got the lump but its much better.

I think it depends on how big the lump is as well, mine was quite visible

Omg thank you so much for the reply! Do you by chance remember how diluted your injection was? I go in a couple of days for a consult for cortisone injection. Mine is quite visible as well.

MemberMember
(@oj593)

Posted : 07/18/2022 3:08 am

It was 0.2 kenalog diluted 1to1 with lidocaine

MemberMember
(@fory0608)

Posted : 07/22/2022 8:15 pm

On 7/14/2022 at 11:52 PM, laserorange said:

if youre not looking for a quick solution, maybe massaging daily and red light therapy? minoxidil might help too: look up the study on it treating clubfoot, another subcutaneous fibrotic condition. maybe prp injections?

Hi, yes I am thinking about red light therapy. Do you have any device recommendations by chance? I am pretty sure I cant use minoxidil because I have used that on my scalp and had a severe reaction to it. Too bad because that stuff works amazing for hair growth!

MemberMember
(@orangelaser162gmail-com)

Posted : 07/22/2022 11:05 pm

2 hours ago, fory0608 said:

Hi, yes I am thinking about red light therapy. Do you have any device recommendations by chance? I am pretty sure I cant use minoxidil because I have used that on my scalp and had a severe reaction to it. Too bad because that stuff works amazing for hair growth!

I use the hooga. It seemed the most effective for its price. Forgot to mention hyperbaric oxygen therapy.

MemberMember
(@fory0608)

Posted : 07/23/2022 2:17 pm

15 hours ago, laserorange said:

I use the hooga. It seemed the most effective for its price. Forgot to mention hyperbaric oxygen therapy.

Has the hooga helped you with inflammation or hyperpigmentation?