Notifications
Clear all

Are these all rolling scars? Is subcision a good option?

MemberMember
(@tjdeare)

Posted : 06/24/2022 2:51 pm

Based on the photo, is subcision the right option for me? And maybe with a temporary hyaluronic acid filler such as Restylane too? This would come to under £400 where I'm currently based.

This is the harshest lighting I could find. My doctor couldn't see them in the clinic when examining my face in multiple rooms with angled lighting. I sent her photos when I got home and she said that they are 'not real & are exaggerated by the back light'. There may be a translation issue there though as English is not her first language.

Am I likely to see much improvement with sub (& possibly filler) alone? Is the filler necessary? I would look to get multiple subcisions if all goes ok with the first.

Scars.jpg.8d5f93657ac8b5f46c4e909a4ad081bd.jpg

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 06/24/2022 3:24 pm

A form of atrophic scar or rolling yes I would say so. The edges are not sharp it's probably a subcision/filler candidate, although temple is another story it's extremely delicate.

Masty liked
MemberMember
(@tjdeare)

Posted : 06/24/2022 3:50 pm

24 minutes ago, harmlessboy1441 said:

A form of atrophic scar or rolling yes I would say so. The edges are not sharp it's probably a subcision/filler candidate, although temple is another story it's extremely delicate.

Thank you! So doctors generally tend to avoid sub on the temples?

MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 06/24/2022 5:05 pm

1 hour ago, masty said:

Thank you! So doctors generally tend to avoid sub on the temples?

Depends. It's very sensitive, risks are higher, pigmentation issues could be higher. It's much thinner skin less room for error essentially. I mean I've seen many subcise the temple just saying it's riskier there. Probably better to get someone experienced either way and hope you benefit from subcision (not all do sadly).

Masty liked
MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 06/24/2022 7:26 pm

4 hours ago, masty said:

Based on the photo, is subcision the right option for me? And maybe with a temporary hyaluronic acid filler such as Restylane too? This would come to under £400 where I'm currently based.

This is the harshest lighting I could find. My doctor couldn't see them in the clinic when examining my face in multiple rooms with angled lighting. I sent her photos when I got home and she said that they are 'not real & are exaggerated by the back light'. There may be a translation issue there though as English is not her first language.

Am I likely to see much improvement with sub (& possibly filler) alone? Is the filler necessary? I would look to get multiple subcisions if all goes ok with the first.

Scars.jpg.8d5f93657ac8b5f46c4e909a4ad081bd.jpg

Thanks!

Dr rullan does it cannula as it has a blunt edge.

Masty liked
MemberMember
(@tjdeare)

Posted : 06/25/2022 1:10 am

8 hours ago, harmlessboy1441 said:

Depends. It's very sensitive, risks are higher, pigmentation issues could be higher. It's much thinner skin less room for error essentially. I mean I've seen many subcise the temple just saying it's riskier there. Probably better to get someone experienced either way and hope you benefit from subcision (not all do sadly).

5 hours ago, getsmart121 said:

Dr rullan does it cannula as it has a blunt edge.

Thank you both! My doctor is going to use the cannula. I'll chat with the about the temples. The scars on my cheeks are the ones that bother me the most as they are the most visible to me when I look in the mirror have are fairly new compared to the temple scarring.

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 06/25/2022 2:04 am

Definitely add filler with cannula as you dont have edges and can give you immediate improvement

MemberMember
(@tjdeare)

Posted : 06/25/2022 5:10 am

3 hours ago, masty said:

Thank you both! My doctor is going to use the cannula. I'll chat with the about the temples. The scars on my cheeks are the ones that bother me the most as they are the most visible to me when I look in the mirror have are fairly new compared to the temple scarring.

3 hours ago, getsmart121 said:

Definitely add filler with cannula as you dont have edges and can give you immediate improvement

How about filler alone on the temples (without subcision)?

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 06/25/2022 5:35 am

If it is tethered what happens is the filler moves to the area that is not tethered.

MemberMember
(@tjdeare)

Posted : 06/25/2022 5:46 am

8 minutes ago, getsmart121 said:

If it is tethered what happens is the filler moves to the area that is not tethered.

That's the dreaded doughnut effect that I've read about? So it's probably best to leave the temples & concentrate on the other areas (cheeks & jawline)? Thanks!

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 06/25/2022 5:59 am

Its your risk appetite but if you want to put filler in temples the best idea is using cannula which is the tip doesnt have any blade.

Masty liked
MemberMember
(@tjdeare)

Posted : 06/25/2022 6:36 am

34 minutes ago, getsmart121 said:

Its your risk appetite but if you want to put filler in temples the best idea is using cannula which is the tip doesnt have any blade.

Yeah, the doctor said she'd use the cannula but she was talking about the scars on my cheeks. I'll ask her about the temples. Thanks again!

MemberMember
(@gurveersahib789gmail-com)

Posted : 06/25/2022 2:26 pm

Subcision would help you just need someone with experience. and if you dont mind me asking what doctor are you seeing? As Im currently looking for a doctor for my scarring and saw you used as your currency in the comments. Thanks!

Masty liked
MemberMember
(@tjdeare)

Posted : 06/26/2022 10:59 am

20 hours ago, User6896 said:

Subcision would help you just need someone with experience. and if you dont mind me asking what doctor are you seeing? As Im currently looking for a doctor for my scarring and saw you used as your currency in the comments. Thanks!

It's Dr Taher at Skin Clinic.

A question for @getsmart121& @harmlessboy1441& anyone else who can answer:

Is it best to have the filler injected straight after the subcision? I've seen that some people recommend waiting a couple of weeks for the swelling to go down.

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 06/26/2022 11:22 am

There are many school of thought

one is doing with filler so that the scars are not tethered back after Subcision. The other is waiting a few weeks in which depression are clearly visible. Dr rullan fills the pits first and does the Subcision second. But again its fluid it can move so a bit of jumbo science

MemberMember
(@tjdeare)

Posted : 06/26/2022 11:43 am

19 minutes ago, getsmart121 said:

There are many school of thought

one is doing with filler so that the scars are not tethered back after Subcision. The other is waiting a few weeks in which depression are clearly visible. Dr rullan fills the pits first and does the Subcision second. But again its fluid it can move so a bit of jumbo science

Haha I didn't know there was a third option!

Is there a strong chance I could end up with new scarring from the subcision procedure?

MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 06/26/2022 11:52 am

7 minutes ago, masty said:

Haha I didn't know there was a third option!

Is there a strong chance I could end up with new scarring from the subcision procedure?

I personally think scarring risk is minimal from what I've read and seen but yes it is always possible. Things like keloid scars I guess are technically possible for anything you poke/injure. That goes for most things.

As for your question I think it depends per person, each person seems to respond a bit differently given their scarring, personal disposition/healing, anatomy and whatever else. What getsmart said is, in my opinion, a great answer though. I think subcision itself if it's successful relies on multiple attempts anyway. Each attempt you're hoping it helps like 20% etc. I guess similarly to TCA cross but for volume underneath and it's sort of hidden if it has slight negatives underneath.

Masty liked
MemberMember
(@tjdeare)

Posted : 06/26/2022 1:21 pm

1 hour ago, harmlessboy1441 said:

I personally think scarring risk is minimal from what I've read and seen but yes it is always possible. Things like keloid scars I guess are technically possible for anything you poke/injure. That goes for most things.

As for your question I think it depends per person, each person seems to respond a bit differently given their scarring, personal disposition/healing, anatomy and whatever else. What getsmart said is, in my opinion, a great answer though. I think subcision itself if it's successful relies on multiple attempts anyway. Each attempt you're hoping it helps like 20% etc. I guess similarly to TCA cross but for volume underneath and it's sort of hidden if it has slight negatives underneath.

Thanks very much! I plan to have subcision again around 6 weeks after the first (if my doctor agrees that's an adequate amount of healing time). I suppose I need to consider the fact that I'll have filler still. It might be better to have the filler with the second or third sub...

MemberMember
(@tjdeare)

Posted : 06/27/2022 2:01 am

@getsmart121& @harmlessboy1441

How about subcision on the back of the neck and behind the jawline (under the ear), Are they considered to be more problematic areas like the temples or are they ok?

969746383_Neckjawline.jpg.bab61bfcf7a3217a324366709cfa7379.jpg