Notifications
Clear all

Is my skin ruined from a chemical peel from a year and a half ago?

MemberMember
(@346664_1443949694)

Posted : 06/20/2022 6:35 am

I had a phenol œhetter peel december 2020. My skin seemed to heal normal right after it but the redness NEVER went away. If it was just redness I would deal with it but it forever changed my skin™s texture. It™s waxy and doesn™t feel like the rest of my skin. Makeup doesn™t stick well at all. There™s even white striations that have formed that I think are actual burn scars. I don™t know if my skin is permanently damaged or will ever be fixed 🙁

97B7ED5B-F7C7-4447-8F06-40DC9E73C82E.jpeg

MemberMember
(@ohhhhhhnooooooo)

Posted : 06/26/2022 1:03 am

By waxy, do you mean smooth? Phenol hetter peels can be done to resurface the skin which could make it smoother. That might explain the waxy feeling.

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 06/29/2022 2:41 pm

Is the redness slowly subsiding at least? Was it this red 1 year ago?

I don't see white striations so not sure what you mean by that part.

MemberMember
(@afqegqwedqproton-me)

Posted : 07/25/2022 6:30 pm

bad

MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 09/05/2022 7:53 pm

On 6/29/2022 at 3:41 PM, Dan said:

Is the redness slowly subsiding at least? Was it this red 1 year ago?

I don't see white striations so not sure what you mean by that part.

She probably means the dot type sun spots or waxy look mixed with redness in that radius she tried the peel on her cheek, maybe hypopigmented. I had/have similar symptoms after a steroid topical. I think it could be permanent or take a long time to fade a lot of it because 1.5 years later I still have symptoms but it's getting better probably.

I would give it more time as it can take years for skin to heal or blend from trauma. For the record it doesn't look bad in my mind but I get what you mean by looking. It may very well be permanent as it does sort of look like trauma left over, but at the same time it may continue to greatly fade.

Have you talked to any other plastic surgeons?