Notifications
Clear all

Laser resurfacing (Should I do it?)

MemberMember
(@sebastian-aronsson98gmail-com)

Posted : 06/15/2022 2:34 pm

Hi lovely community!

I was wondering if any of you have done fully ablative laser resurfacing (not fractional!) and how much improvement did you get, and who did you get treated by?
I am happy with my treatments so far and I am now considering doing the laser resurfacing with Dr. Emil as my final "major" treatment, and then only doing fillers from there on out.

Honestly, I am scared to death of any possible side effects (especially more scarring!). I do not mind not having a lot improvement, I just wanna make the texture slightly better.
And if it makes any difference, I have regular light skintone.'

I just don't wanna take any risks unless it's a safe procedure.

Thoughts? xx

MemberMember
(@isaac-j-dear)

Posted : 06/15/2022 4:09 pm

Check out an ig called astridacne

MemberMember
(@Fehheh77)

Posted : 06/16/2022 5:08 pm

I am also seeing Emil Henningsen for my acne scar revision and I think he is a good dermatologist. I just started the whole journey with TL subcision and I am already planning the next treatments in August.

Just like you, I am considering a fully ablative laser resurfacing when all the subcision and deep collagen production is done, just to finish it all. I think superficial texture problems can be addressed with fully ablative laser resurfacing, so that is good. I have to look into dermal fillers to see how they can be beneficial for final improvements as a routine procedure.

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 06/17/2022 12:29 am

On 6/15/2022 at 2:34 PM, mrsfoxxy said:

Hi lovely community!

I was wondering if any of you have done fully ablative laser resurfacing (not fractional!) and how much improvement did you get, and who did you get treated by?
I am happy with my treatments so far and I am now considering doing the laser resurfacing with Dr. Emil as my final "major" treatment, and then only doing fillers from there on out.

Honestly, I am scared to death of any possible side effects (especially more scarring!). I do not mind not having a lot improvement, I just wanna make the texture slightly better.
And if it makes any difference, I have regular light skintone.'

I just don't wanna take any risks unless it's a safe procedure.

Thoughts? xx

Depends on how bad your texture is already. If your texture is really bad it is worth to take the risk.