Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KaiM

Acne Scar and Acne HELP

Hi,

I am currently on Differin, Clindamycin and BP(5%) still have acne forming 1-2/week not as bad as compared to 5/week but now the scar is getting more obvious (might be due to red spot). Is there any ways to identify what scar it is and the best method to treat it? May I also know how bad is my scar in like range 1-10 for each side?

Thank You!

Products used

face wash: Panoxyl 4% BP

Moisturiser: creave night + cetaphil daily advanced

Sunscreen SPF 50+ and 120 (Sport)

some acne patches

Right side

1E1A651D-5295-4763-91AB-B172245B52DE.jpeg

Left side

F31BC760-8EDE-4C50-85ED-63608A6D7664.jpeg

Edited by KaiM

You should take accutane without a doubt. It's already resulted in acne scarring that's at least moderate, resulted in fat loss/atrophy in spots, and you still have several active acne. I really wouldn't play around anymore with this and your doctor should be thrown in the "stupids circle" along with mine as they like to I guess wait until you have lots of scars before accutane first.

My impression is your scarring is (and it's hard to see because a lot of red marks/acne) but 5/10 right side, 7/10 left side. It's mostly more severe because of the shape, sharpness, depth in general. That's not uncommon really for scarring it's just harder to improve when it's deeper or sharper or sort of uneven with other skin imo.

You're likely going to need several procedures to improve. Those range anywhere from things like punch excision, subcision, laser or "ablative dermabrasion" not some top layer massage, and possibly filler or other methods. By no means will microneedling or things like that work. You'd probably do well to find an experienced surgeon and look to see if any state/other insurance covers any of it.

It definitely could be worse for sure, but I'm not going to downplay it either I tell people how it is period, you're going to have to work at improving it. First things first, accutane imo.  PS differin imo is very weak, BP (wash?) is inadequate probably and never heard of clindamycin but it's clearly an oral right and probably too hit or miss with people like minocyclin or something.

Edited by harmlessboy1441

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, harmlessboy1441 said:

You should take accutane without a doubt. It's already resulted in acne scarring that's at least moderate, resulted in fat loss/atrophy in spots, and you still have several active acne. I really wouldn't play around anymore with this and your doctor should be thrown in the "stupids circle" along with mine as they like to I guess wait until you have lots of scars before accutane first.

My impression is your scarring is (and it's hard to see because a lot of red marks/acne) but 5/10 right side, 7/10 left side. It's mostly more severe because of the shape, sharpness, depth in general. That's not uncommon really for scarring it's just harder to improve when it's deeper or sharper or sort of uneven with other skin imo.

You're likely going to need several procedures to improve. Those range anywhere from things like punch excision, subcision, laser or "ablative dermabrasion" not some top layer massage, and possibly filler or other methods. By no means will microneedling or things like that work. You'd probably do well to find an experienced surgeon and look to see if any state/other insurance covers any of it.

It definitely could be worse for sure, but I'm not going to downplay it either I tell people how it is period, you're going to have to work at improving it. First things first, accutane imo.  PS differin imo is very weak, BP (wash?) is inadequate probably and never heard of clindamycin but it's clearly an oral right and probably too hit or miss with people like minocyclin or something.

yes I’m planning to go a dermatologist in July for accutane but is there currently any ways to identify whether it is scar or just acne hyperpigmentation?

Edited by KaiM

5 hours ago, KaiM said:

yes I’m planning to go a dermatologist in July for accutane but is there currently any ways to identify whether it is scar or just acne hyperpigmentation?

I mean, a scar is an actual physical injury generally defined as fat loss or sharp nicks or things like that, scar tissue is a different material than regular tissue and is usually discolored or not as elastic or gets irritated easily, hyperpigmentation is discoloration sometimes permanent and sometimes temporary depends.

Get accutane asap. Don't take no for an answer from the derm unless there's a real reason why not. My suggestion is 40mg. Maybe they'll do 60 but I did 40 and it worked fine.

I have suffered with acne since I was 15. I have tried all different treatments. By far the best I have found D E R M A L M D anti acne serum is the best exposed treatment serum. I use it day and night and have had almost no acne. It does not dry out your skin like other products. If you thinking about it, give it a try

On 6/15/2022 at 7:22 AM, KaiM said:

atrophic acne scars are indented, to varying degrees based on the severity of the scar. Acne hyperpigmentation, without an accompanying scar, should not be indented