Notifications
Clear all

Did my scarring improve in the last 9/10 months?

MemberMember
(@samsadleir)

Posted : 06/08/2022 12:21 pm

I tried best to replicate lighting and photos as much as possible

Beforefirst 3 pics

After second 4 pics

I think it improved in the redness definitely, not sure about atrophy, it is hard to tell because I am so close to it and it is hard to be objective about ourselves as we all know because of psychology, although I am more accustomed to it now so I think about it less.

Also obvious I'm using stubble now to slightly cover it but since of where it is doesn't perfectly cover

Ishayat liked
MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 06/08/2022 12:26 pm

To me it does look like it but it could be the angle or lighting or slight change in hair length, but it's subtler in my eyes in the pics towards the end. At least you're a handsome dude either way.

Kay24 liked
MemberMember
(@samsadleir)

Posted : 06/08/2022 12:29 pm

1 minute ago, harmlessboy1441 said:

To me it does look like it but it could be the angle or lighting or slight change in hair length, but it's subtler in my eyes in the pics towards the end. At least you're a handsome dude either way.

yeah. It is really hard to replicate photos, but I took a whole bunch and chose the worst lighting/angle possible that accentuated them the most (in both instances), so I think that's all I can really do. Maybe trying tomorrow in the morning the light could be a bit different, don't remember time of day took first.

MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 06/08/2022 7:27 pm

6 hours ago, JesusChrist said:

It looks like it got improved but you have little beard growth at after photos.

Agreed looks better a bit but I think the little hairs helping a lot.

It's actually amazing how some stubble can improve the more shallow scarring. I keep my stubble at 0.4mm (my electric shaver's lowest setting). I'd like to personally do 0.2mm but can't find a razor that works well that that (if anyone has any ideas let me know). But it works great to "blend" the superficial scarring. Might sound crazy but my skin feels better with stubble it's almost like it replaces the skin barrier a little keeps environmental stresses out more. Does that sound nuts?

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 06/08/2022 7:35 pm

The difference in lighting as well as the closeup/angle make the comparison difficult. However, the scars are still noticeable and there's still room for more improvement. Good luck.

MemberMember
(@candy-says)

Posted : 06/08/2022 9:03 pm

they are not noticeable. No one will ever see it as something ugly. Its nothing dude, cmon -_- 

MemberMember
(@skin-pessimist)

Posted : 06/09/2022 11:56 am

14 hours ago, Candy Says said:

they are not noticeable. No one will ever see it as something ugly. Its nothing dude, cmon -_- 

I can definitely notice it in the before photos. Harsh angle and lighting though. It does look much better in the after photos, but lighting differences always make before & afters tough to compare, and the facial hair may also be helping