Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

20 minutes ago, JesusChrist said:

How much improvement you got?

50% when it was all said and done. Pretty significant. The shallow scarring was very responsive and I feel more comfortable in my skin.

19 minutes ago, harmlessboy1441 said:

True I look like a goddamn ogre in sunlight or weird angles like a disfigured freak. Also in partially darker areas possibly with shadows. Then I go into other stable lighting or normal lighting and I am sorta okay I guess. 

I mean the question is which ablation for more shallow scars like OP's. I have "similar" scars in the same radius but most doctors are like nah pass, don't want to make it worse or touch it. The worst part is them like "oh it's fine, looks fine, just wait for advances". I went to a doctor last week he told me at my age, just wait a few decades for advances, you know when I'm 75 I'll heal real well and really care at that point LOL. He also said that the hardest part is fixing shallow stuff. Whether he's right or wrong Idk. Honestly the vibe I got from him was self preservation like not getting involved for the money vs the hassle.

I could find a million doctors for peels, needling or gentle massages but I could also use a wet sponge do a light rub and probably get the same results and bank 3-4k in my IRA.

Really sucks, cant even fix shallow ones. 

3 minutes ago, Kay24 said:

50% when it was all said and done. Pretty significant. The shallow scarring was very responsive and I feel more comfortable in my skin.

Amazing you're lucky

5 hours ago, Kay24 said:

Once you get through the first punch you'll be good. It's the anticipation of what is this going to feel like? Make sure you put plenty of numbing cream about your nose, mouth, and forehead. The cheeks take it like a champ but the sensitive areas can be striking but tolerable. It's really not bad.

My experience is focus on aftercare. If you get little bumps know that it happens. Don't stress and let them know so they can either get you clindamycin before or when you need it. Focus on healing and don't worry about results until 3 months after the final session at the earliest, but as late as 6-9 months for final determination.

Thank you very much. That's very reassuring. :))

4 hours ago, harmlessboy1441 said:

It's true that ablation is probably the best possible outcome but also has the highest risks most likely, at least that's the presumption. I'm not really a fan of needling even with rf it 'probably' won't do much other than bilk cash. Although anyone who's gotten it and gotten good results feel free to correct me (just going off reading). The peel is probably also not ablative enough but it might help texture idk.

The question really becomes which ablation, how, which doctor, risks vs rewards and is it worth it. The options really become light dermabrasion, some sort of co2 either fractional or fully resurfacing and so on. OP has very, very shallow scars but it's the radius that's problematic to OP, much like myself. Shallow or not if there's a lot bunched together it feels more severe.

Not sure what OP should do but should take time to probably digest it out on what's best. Everything is has a risk reward, and finding a willing/good doctor is also a struggle. Say what you want but even for the cash doctors are very hesitant to do ablation without a very high risk to reward (meaning much more severe scars). Seriously, they typically don't want to touch anything even between minor/moderate with ablation. I can't even find one to do laser generally, not that I think laser is worth it, just saying.

My derm also refused to do any kind of lasers on my skin. She said my scars were better suited for 3-4 mnrf sessions at the best. 

16 minutes ago, Roro7777 said:

Going for my first mnrf session in 30 minutes. Wish me luck. :smileys_n_people_59:

Dont panic it will be ok goodluck

3 hours ago, JesusChrist said:

Dont panic it will be ok goodluck

Thanks! It went well.. better than I thought. 

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Roro7777 said:

Thanks! It went well.. better than I thought. 

Take vit c, sleep well, eat well good luck.

Edited by JesusChrist

Posted (edited)

It's been 3 weeks since my first rf microneedling. First 2 pictures are 'before' and other 2 are 'after'. Is there any visible difference- good or bad? I have my 2nd session due in a week. 

Sorry for the difference in the lighting in the pics. 

Also, there is still some pigmentation left from the procedure, when is it likely to go away? 

Screenshot_2022-06-24-00-21-58-020_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg

Screenshot_2022-06-24-00-21-30-770_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg

IMG_20220623_172441.jpg

IMG_20220623_172340.jpg

Edited by Roro7777

1 hour ago, dodgerguy said:

Your scars are barely noticeable. Those treatments can make things worse imo. 

do the scars look worse now? i had thought that I'll get 2 more sessions done. My scars are quite visible in certain lights and because I've had them since I was 12 (I'm 24 now), they've been a huge cause of self image issues that I've faced.. my doctor told me mnrf has the least chances of going wrong and that's why i went ahead and got it done. Do you think i made a mistake? 

RFMN is about stimulating and building so you have to wait at least 3 months before checking for results imo. My best results came 5-9 months down the line. Keep up with skincare, retinol/retinoids, avoiding a ton of sun exposure, good diet, etc and check much later.

I think RFMN is perfect for "barely noticeable" scars that are "rugged" in certain lighting. It lifts shallow scarring creating a more even surface.There are always risks for every individual though. 

It's fractional CO2 or at home DIY TCA cross that I personally would avoid with minor scarring.

8 hours ago, Roro7777 said:

do the scars look worse now? i had thought that I'll get 2 more sessions done. My scars are quite visible in certain lights and because I've had them since I was 12 (I'm 24 now), they've been a huge cause of self image issues that I've faced.. my doctor told me mnrf has the least chances of going wrong and that's why i went ahead and got it done. Do you think i made a mistake? 

There are several ppl on this board incliuding me who notice rf making our scars look worst--especially the lutronic brand. It gave my cheeks a saggy appearance 2 months post. And i had plump cheeks despite the scarring. it went away after 3 months but didn't help my scarring. bottom line, it didn't do what it was advertise which is help collagen production. you can go ahead and try--see what the first one does.

your scarring is very shallow. have you tried an acid peel or dermabrasion. almost every doc only do mild dermabrasion now--so theres almost zero chance dermabrasion would hurt you. 

Edited by dirigo39

I was thinking the same that 4 sessions is excessive for your case. You could skip to the resurfacing and be fine.

14 hours ago, dodgerguy said:

Your scars are barely noticeable. Those treatments can make things worse imo. 

In certain lights, angles they are noticeable big time, especially when your walking around with perfect skin models everywhere. Of course his are shallow simply because it's so up close it looks more noticeable but let's not forget the quantity is also eye-worthy. If you see a bunch of things in one area it can draw eyes much like a bigger one.

His are shallow versus others for sure won't deny that. Should at least take some comfort in that they are more on the shallow/blended side.

It's extremely hard to find procedures that have less risk on shallow scars but will do a good job. You could try some ablatives but they could make it worse. The right side does look like it should benefit from something I'm just not sure what. Be wary of TCA cross though I have seen someone try with similar scars and it widened/deepened each (4). So try 1 spot first if you ever go that route.

Edited by harmlessboy1441