Notifications
Clear all

Hide indented scars with this cream in 5 min

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 05/27/2022 3:23 pm

Has anybody seen this cream, this instantly hides pitted scars in 5 min. Please see below.

MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 05/27/2022 5:45 pm

If it's anything like Dermaflage which I read up on a while ago, it probably peels, absorbs, doesn't last long and is mostly a gimmick. Of course I have no clue it's interesting to see the transformation in seconds but the whole point of doing it would be durability. If it didn't last at least 6 or 12 hours what would be the point. Your whole day would be trying to cover it up and getting caught as it exposes.

MemberMember
(@Fehheh77)

Posted : 05/27/2022 5:49 pm

Yeah I know these kind of products. I think it falls in the same category as the Peter Thomas Roth Instant FirmX Eye. I have used that product before to hide atrophic scars, although the product is originally meant for hiding crows feet or under eye puffiness.

The product basically tightens the skin very extremely, even to the point where it feels uncomfortable. I was able to make my (deep) boxcar scars on my temples disappear completely, like really for 100%.

The downside of this product is that is looks unnatural. You can see the skin is suspiciously flat and the cream leaves a powderish residue when it is dry. The effect slowly fades during a few hours.

7 minutes ago, harmlessboy1441 said:

If it's anything like Dermaflage which I read up on a while ago, it probably peels, absorbs, doesn't last long and is mostly a gimmick. Of course I have no clue it's interesting to see the transformation in seconds but the whole point of doing it would be durability. If it didn't last at least 6 or 12 hours what would be the point. Your whole day would be trying to cover it up and getting caught as it exposes.

I think it works different than Dermaflage. Dermaflage uses the principle of filling up the scars with some kind of silicone substance that looks like real skin.

The kind of creams like in the videos use the principle of tightening the skin so that is flattens.

MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 05/27/2022 5:58 pm

7 minutes ago, Fehheh77 said:

Yeah I know these kind of products. I think it falls in the same category as the Peter Thomas Roth Instant FirmX Eye. I have used that product before to hide atrophic scars, although the product is originally meant for hiding crows feet or under eye puffiness.

The product basically tightens the skin very extremely, even to the point where it feels uncomfortable. I was able to make my (deep) boxcar scars on my temples disappear completely, like really for 100%.

The downside of this product is that is looks unnatural. You can see the skin is suspiciously flat and the cream leaves a powderish residue when it is dry. The effect slowly fades during a few hours.

I think it works different than Dermaflage. Dermaflage uses the principle of filling up the scars with some kind of silicone substance that looks like real skin.

The kind of creams like in the videos use the principle of tightening the skin so that is flattens.

Great explanation and yeah I think almost all these things "fail" in a few hours I think that's the problem with these. There's little to no durability, even discounting the uncomfortable nature as you describe. If they invent something that generally lasts all day and stands up to sweat or general environment, so you can work or even go out normally that would be pretty damn amazing. I've yet to really see anything even close.

Most girls use loads of makeup and I've seen them erase terrible scars after 30-45 minutes of makeup but knowing nothing about makeup they are experts at it and it's very tiring to do I'm sure.

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 05/27/2022 11:34 pm

Yes they say it lasts for more than 6 hours.

MemberMember
(@tinathu_tayahoo-com)

Posted : 05/28/2022 1:02 am

7 hours ago, harmlessboy1441 said:

I use to use dermaflage every day. I work outside mainly in a dusty environment and sweat all day and my dermaflage would rarely peel off or come loose. I have extremely oily skin too. The only reason I stopped using it was because of the hassle it was to put it on every day. But when I used it I got good enough to where I could hide almost all my scars and I wouldnt even know the dermaflage was there until at night when I was showering and washing my face and would see some of it on my hands. I would always think to myself dang I thought I got it all off. Its a good tool to have in your toolbox especially if youre feeling real bad about going out it can make you feel better but if youre like me it will get old putting it on everyday.

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 05/28/2022 6:35 am

Interesting any tips and tactics that helped you use dermaflage?

MemberMember
(@tinathu_tayahoo-com)

Posted : 05/28/2022 10:31 am

3 hours ago, getsmart121 said:

Interesting any tips and tactics that helped you use dermaflage?

Yes I have a couple tips. First you need to get a couple different shades of it at first and find the one that really blends in with your skin tone this will make your scars literally invisible even when you are 3 inches away from the mirror. (That is if you are good at applying it!)

I experimented with dermaflage a bit trying out different ways to apply it to the skin like using the tools they provide or my fingers. The best method I found was using a wooden toothpick. I would just buy those cheap 500 box of toothpicks from the dollar store and I would use a basically paper thin plastic cutting board to mix my dermaflage on. Reason I use this is because, if you have ever used dermaflage you would know that it can get messy squirting it out and mixing it so I would just use the cutting board and then clean it off later. Anyways the way I would apply it with the toothpick I would basically mimic the way doctors do TCA cross for ice pick scars. I would squirt out a bit and mix it with the toothpick itself, and I would wipe off excess or just have another toothpick on standby and just dab the end of it in the solution and then poke it gently into my ice pick scars. For boxcar scars I would basically do the same thing but would kind of roll it out with the toothpick. Imagine Im using the toothpick the same way as someone uses a bread roller to roll dough. And then for the rolling scars I would roll the toothpick in the dermaflage like a bread roller then roll it into my scars like a bread roller. Then if I got some out of the lines of the scar like when you go out of the lines on a fill in coloring book, I would just take a clean toothpick and scoop it up around the scar. Obviously all this has to be done pretty fast but I personally got pretty good at it. I had 3 of the skin like applicator things you use to make it look like real skin and I would hold one of those on some scars and while I was waiting for the solution to do its thing I was also working on filling in other scars and then I would use my other pads so I wouldnt just be sitting there waiting a minute or 2 for each scar. Also they say to wait 2 minutes before you remove the texture pad but I found sometimes in some areas of skin like my nose and temple I can do about 45 seconds and if I remove the texture pad very carefully it will still stick without having to wait the full 2 mins. Another thing I really like about dermaflage is if you have a red mark, which I have a huuuuge red mark from a subcision gone wrong, I can use the dermaflage and apply it over the red mark and Ill bread roll that thing with a toothpick but I will really make it flat to blend it in with surrounding skin and its basically makeup but it doesnt look how makeup looks when you apply makeup in just one spot. Since dermaflage is kind of transparent it shows the skin tone underneath it a little bit and make it look very natural so sometimes I just use it to cover my discoloration.

This is really long it feels like and Im kinda all over the place but at first dermaflage is really time consuming and hard to use. Its probably why most people dont give it a shot but you can really hide scars with it to the point where you wont even know yourself u have it on. I think I said earlier but sometimes I would get out of the shower and when applying my night skin routine I would accidentally remove some more of it when applying my creams or whatever and then I would have to investigate my face real close for any leftover dermaflage that was still on.

MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 05/29/2022 6:33 pm

On 5/28/2022 at 2:02 AM, SmileyDog said:

I use to use dermaflage every day. I work outside mainly in a dusty environment and sweat all day and my dermaflage would rarely peel off or come loose. I have extremely oily skin too. The only reason I stopped using it was because of the hassle it was to put it on every day. But when I used it I got good enough to where I could hide almost all my scars and I wouldnt even know the dermaflage was there until at night when I was showering and washing my face and would see some of it on my hands. I would always think to myself dang I thought I got it all off. Its a good tool to have in your toolbox especially if youre feeling real bad about going out it can make you feel better but if youre like me it will get old putting it on everyday.

I don't mean to ask something you've already stated, but seriously? Like, in my research of reviews, Youtube trial/error, and just all kinds of articles and reviews on the web the main thesis I came to was that it "peeled" or kind of showed itself either right away or throughout the day.

When you put it on, not even the edges came undone at all throughout the day? Also, did it basically come off when you wanted to or was it hard to wash/pull off? Did pulling it off irritate your skin/face?

Yes I can imagine it would get seriously old putting it on everyday, totally get it.

MemberMember
(@tinathu_tayahoo-com)

Posted : 05/30/2022 12:55 pm

It really all depends on how much effort you put in when applying it. If you just slapped it on yeah its going to be noticeable. Thats how it was for me when first trying it out. I tried it in high school and gave up on it for a couple years until I saw someone else use it on YouTube and so I gave it another try thinking they improved the quality of the material or something. I dont think they did I just got better at applying it.

the edges do not come loose and to be honest with you you can get it to come off but sometimes you will have to pull it off and it will kind of feel like tape being pulled off your skin. Not all the time but sometimes and in certain areas of the face. In my case, it was very easy for me to remove it the next day after my face produced a lot of oil and they would basically rub off. In my experience I cant really remember a time where the edges started to peel on their own. I would really blend in the edges to look seamless with the rest of my skin so maybe thats why? Also I think a lot of people just buy a couple different colors and use those and they dont really match their skin. I bought every shade that slightly resembled my skin and tried them all. I was super desperate back then to find something that would help my confidence so I didnt care about money or costs. But yeah fast forward a year or 2 and that crap got old quick putting it on every morning. Now Im just trying to get mental help and accept my scars. Im slowly starting to realize that scar treatments are in general a scam. If doctors could cure them or significantly fix them why dont they have proof of results? Instead they show off one or 2 patients that got lucky and responded well to the surgery or were still swollen when the picture was taken or they show you pictures where the lighting is changed. Anyone can make their scars disappear or look way better with lighting change and it honestly pisses me off when people do this. Even on here I see some patients who claim to have good results and what do they post as proof? Pictures with different lighting!!! If it worked you wouldnt have to do that! But for years I just thought to myself no Im different I could get good results and I just ignored all this trickery with lighting and results photos right before my eyes. One day I kinda just said well if it really worked why would they be doing this maybe they do it because it doesnt work and they know that but if they showed the actual results they wouldnt make money

MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 05/30/2022 5:35 pm

4 hours ago, SmileyDog said:

It really all depends on how much effort you put in when applying it. If you just slapped it on yeah its going to be noticeable. Thats how it was for me when first trying it out. I tried it in high school and gave up on it for a couple years until I saw someone else use it on YouTube and so I gave it another try thinking they improved the quality of the material or something. I dont think they did I just got better at applying it.

the edges do not come loose and to be honest with you you can get it to come off but sometimes you will have to pull it off and it will kind of feel like tape being pulled off your skin. Not all the time but sometimes and in certain areas of the face. In my case, it was very easy for me to remove it the next day after my face produced a lot of oil and they would basically rub off. In my experience I cant really remember a time where the edges started to peel on their own. I would really blend in the edges to look seamless with the rest of my skin so maybe thats why? Also I think a lot of people just buy a couple different colors and use those and they dont really match their skin. I bought every shade that slightly resembled my skin and tried them all. I was super desperate back then to find something that would help my confidence so I didnt care about money or costs. But yeah fast forward a year or 2 and that crap got old quick putting it on every morning. Now Im just trying to get mental help and accept my scars. Im slowly starting to realize that scar treatments are in general a scam. If doctors could cure them or significantly fix them why dont they have proof of results? Instead they show off one or 2 patients that got lucky and responded well to the surgery or were still swollen when the picture was taken or they show you pictures where the lighting is changed. Anyone can make their scars disappear or look way better with lighting change and it honestly pisses me off when people do this. Even on here I see some patients who claim to have good results and what do they post as proof? Pictures with different lighting!!! If it worked you wouldnt have to do that! But for years I just thought to myself no Im different I could get good results and I just ignored all this trickery with lighting and results photos right before my eyes. One day I kinda just said well if it really worked why would they be doing this maybe they do it because it doesnt work and they know that but if they showed the actual results they wouldnt make money

Pretty much about the lighting. As for scar treatments being a scam, they definitely aren't but they are highly flawed I'll be honest. They undoubtedly should do a better job at this point and be less of a gamble and more of a certainty. Basically the industry outsourced scar treatments to botox docs and just let it metastasize into a weird thing.

But if you saw the me in 2005 versus now, it's not even a close call. Whether I'm just lucky or the 2000s had better doctors willing to gamble more or something I have no clue, but yes some treatments are total scams. Half the posters on this board we have to say "no sir/maam the microneedling or intense pulse light will not heal severe acne scars like your doctor claims for $3000". I mean it really does anger me but that's how it is.

Anyway, about the dermaflage, If it worked well, I would use it for one linear scar I have which just makes me feel like crap in certain lights but I wouldn't even know a color to pick and I don't know if buying like 5 shades makes a lot of sense tbh. Does it really work throughout the day as well as your saying? When you did better applying it did you use that pad? How did you generally apply it better the next time?

Anyway, thanks for sharing.

MemberMember
(@tinathu_tayahoo-com)

Posted : 05/31/2022 10:46 am

Dermaflage would be good for 1 or 2 scars. If you just use it on the same scar over and over you will get really good at blending it in. Its kind of like a film makeup artist. At first they suck but after practice they can make anything look real. I would always use the pad they provide. Nothing else I have found can mimic real skin like the pad does. When I would apply the pad over the dermaflage I would lightly tap the pad to kind of shove the product into the scar. A mistake I made when I first started using it was I was press down too hard and the product would smear outside of the scar and look bad. It just takes time but if you get good and have the right color, yes 100% even your own eyes wont see the dermaflage on there.