Notifications
Clear all

Proof full ablation blunts the edges of scars

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 05/24/2022 12:27 am

Here is a picture of a person who had full ablation for deep scars, not sure co2 or erbium laser.. This dr who performed this procedure lives in Middle East who constantly do full ablation co2 or erbium for skin color type 4,5,6.

for people with deep scars this is something they can consider if all else fails. Sure he ended up with hypo pigmentation in spots. But his scars were really deep. I guess he can hide color but not scars. Also in the after photo now what can be done is filler can be used.

this is why I am a big proponent of full ablation. Sure some people will end up with side effects permanent or temporary but life is risky. I personally would have told him to invest a year in scar revision to see how how much would he be able to remodel the scars alone without being aggressive and then go for full ablation. One year of life is a good trade off so that the doctor doesn™t have to go too deep to fix the edges.

28147D0D-F449-46CC-B44F-84F71F4AAB76.jpeg

MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 05/24/2022 6:27 pm

That's the thing and yes if you have moderate to severe scarring the risks are worth the reward when you have scars that can be blunted/shaved/tweaked to blend and become nearly invisible. Although for the record shaving off scars doesn't seem to cure the layers or stuff going on underneath like when you push on your skin up or down it exposes a lot of lines or accentuates scars. That's why sometimes it might pay to work on any issues before ablation but idk might be good either way if you get a good outcome.

Interesting find though and yeah these things are quite possible, I'm really not sure how rare and why some see 80-90% and others see like 15%. Might be doctor, technique, skin itself, scar location/damage, procedure, how it's done or all of the above.

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 05/24/2022 7:04 pm

36 minutes ago, harmlessboy1441 said:

That's the thing and yes if you have moderate to severe scarring the risks are worth the reward when you have scars that can be blunted/shaved/tweaked to blend and become nearly invisible. Although for the record shaving off scars doesn't seem to cure the layers or stuff going on underneath like when you push on your skin up or down it exposes a lot of lines or accentuates scars. That's why sometimes it might pay to work on any issues before ablation but idk might be good either way if you get a good outcome.

Interesting find though and yeah these things are quite possible, I'm really not sure how rare and why some see 80-90% and others see like 15%. Might be doctor, technique, skin itself, scar location/damage, procedure, how it's done or all of the above.

Agreed although the risk was high but it was worth for him to see a visible improvement. The only visible improvement one can see is why they blunt the edges.

MemberMember
(@dirigo39)

Posted : 05/24/2022 7:21 pm

He likes the Taylor lib. Interesting

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 05/24/2022 7:43 pm

3 hours ago, dirigo39 said:

He likes the Taylor lib. Interesting

Apparently I understand the safety profile of cannula but I had to see it is illogical. The tip of the cannula is blunt see the image below. If you see the edge there is no blade no sharp instrument. If the goal of Subcision was to cut then why are we doing blunt cannula. So the only way to cut the tethers is by actually using hand movement speed to break tethers. Since that is the only way we can break tethers again we don™t know if it really released all the tethers or maybe could cause more tethering as it is not completely cut. This explain why we are seeing deepening of scars after cannula maybe. But if the tethers are really completely broken then why I am still hearing sound of poking going into my 4th Subcision. Either it did cut or it didn™t. It can™t selectively cut and not cut at the same time. So when we decided to cut something there will be collateral damage and we have to assume the risk. Or then don™t do at all if not comfortable. But if Are pursuing something to change then we should go for it. That is why I believe Taylor sub is the way to go if you consider the risks

129543A4-5EF3-4C23-8D93-CB79335B0539.jpeg

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 05/24/2022 10:45 pm

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CHi-b6MpD5A/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

An in depth Q&A session between wael and dr h, showing why full ablation is better, which brand to consider, and answering questions.

lol this guy in Middle East almost spent 180000 riyal i.e 45k usd on scar treatments. Covering 60 cannula Subcision, plus more other treatments.
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CZJnD6mhXtO/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=