Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wij611

Help with treatment options? I have really bad atrophic scars

Posted (edited)

Hi, I've been lurking in this site for a few days now. The site is helping me understand my scars more, but I'm still not sure what treatments I should take. I've had 3 fraxel sessions in the past and it did next to nothing. I heard that Dr. Rullan is a great choice for atrophic scar treatment, and I'm thinking of doing a few sessions with him. Here are some pictures of my scars:

20220523_163732.jpg

20220523_164331.jpg

Edited by Wij611

I've heard people say that rullan is not very good for deep scars and dr. Tylor in Utah would do much better for deep scarring. 

Posted (edited)

If people have moderate to shallow dr rullan methods are safe. If you have severe atrophy than Goto dr Taylor. The thing is he goes aggressive. Like Taylor Subcision.

onky thing aggressive I can think is phenol peel but still I believe this peel is more of a regenerative thing rather than sanding the skin. Some scars will respond and some won’t.

go for Taylor Subcision and then full ablation.

Edited by getsmart121

I'm not sure what counts as deep scars? Most of the people I've seen taking Taylor liberator seem to have deeper scars than me.

@getsmart121 should I really be doing Taylor liberator + fully ablative for my first treatment? I heard it's really risky, you could develop semi permanent lumps and long hyperpigmentation/hypopigmentation.

Posted (edited)

If you have deep rolling scars that’s is the best you can do. I don’t think cannula can really break tethers completely. Pus you might need more session if the lumps resolve in 2 months you only need one session. But for cannula you need atleast 4 sessions and then also you don’t know if the tethers are completely broken. As long as the side effects are temporary, the goal should be fixing the problem. In general it takes time for your body to grow collagen after doing the right treatment 

Edited by getsmart121