Notifications
Clear all

Can dermal fillers fix shallow rolling scars?

MemberMember
(@Fehheh77)

Posted : 05/21/2022 2:17 pm

Can dermal fillers fix shallow rolling scar for like 90-100%? I know that dermal fillers are temporary, but Im wondering whether they can fix shallow rolling scars (at least temporarily).

MemberMember
(@Fehheh77)

Posted : 05/22/2022 7:51 am

44 minutes ago, JesusChrist said:

No

Why not?

MemberMember
(@Fehheh77)

Posted : 05/23/2022 5:11 am

10 hours ago, JesusChrist said:

"%100" is the problem, in my opinion it is out of reach number. when it comes to scarring who says %100 in a big delusion, lets look that scars under angled lights, direct sunlight etc.

I understand 100% is a big statement. I rather meant 90%. I was just wondering whether dermal fillers could fill up rolling scars.

MemberMember
(@candy-says)

Posted : 05/23/2022 6:42 am

1 hour ago, Fehheh77 said:

I was just wondering whether dermal fillers could fill up rolling scars.

depends on severity, scared area, size of scar, damage to hypodermis, level of fibrosis, thickness, etc.

ofc, some rolling scars can be filled to almost perfection, but this is very rare

MemberMember
(@urbanite)

Posted : 05/30/2022 10:13 pm

On 5/21/2022 at 3:17 PM, Fehheh77 said:

Can dermal fillers fix shallow rolling scar for like 90-100%? I know that dermal fillers are temporary, but Im wondering whether they can fix shallow rolling scars (at least temporarily).

No, it will make matters worse. What will eventually happen is the scars will retether and guess where the filler goes -- into the surrounding tissue. That's why now not only do I have indented scars but I have ridges. And despite what people tell you, filler can last for several years.

My face initially had shallow scars and then after a few years of repeating the same procedure my face now looks like a road of filled potholes.

MemberMember
(@grcar-joze1996gmail-com)

Posted : 05/31/2022 1:19 am

3 hours ago, Urbanite said:

No, it will make matters worse. What will eventually happen is the scars will retether and guess where the filler goes -- into the surrounding tissue. That's why now not only do I have indented scars but I have ridges. And despite what people tell you, filler can last for several years.

My face initially had shallow scars and then after a few years of repeating the same procedure my face now looks like a road of filled potholes.

Yeah, but what if you have deeper rolling scars? If you do only subcision the scars can retether even deeper and cause more atrophy.

MemberMember
(@Fehheh77)

Posted : 05/31/2022 4:53 pm

18 hours ago, Urbanite said:

What about untethered scars? Suppose you untether the rolling scars for 100% with Taylor liberator subcision, then do some treatments that stimulate collagen formation (e.g. RF microneedling or fractional CO2), then do fully ablative laser to fix texture problems. Combining these harsh treatments would yield great improvement (say around 70-80%), so you're only left with shallow rolling scars (that are not tethered anymore). Could you then benefit from dermal fillers (routinely) to improve the scars even further?

Or maybe I should ask the question differently: what kind of scars (morphology etc.) could benefit from dermal fillers (routinely)?

MemberMember
(@urbanite)

Posted : 07/03/2022 5:54 pm

On 5/31/2022 at 5:53 PM, Fehheh77 said:

What about untethered scars? Suppose you untether the rolling scars for 100% with Taylor liberator subcision, then do some treatments that stimulate collagen formation (e.g. RF microneedling or fractional CO2), then do fully ablative laser to fix texture problems. Combining these harsh treatments would yield great improvement (say around 70-80%), so you're only left with shallow rolling scars (that are not tethered anymore). Could you then benefit from dermal fillers (routinely) to improve the scars even further?

Or maybe I should ask the question differently: what kind of scars (morphology etc.) could benefit from dermal fillers (routinely)?

In my opinion and experience no. I didn't have bad scarring to begin with so I wish I'd NEVER gotten fillers. After successive fillings, the unevenness of my face crept up over time. Now it's a mess of filler that likely never dissolved, depressions and fat that likely formed around where the filler was squeezed by the re-tethers.

MemberMember
(@tjdeare)

Posted : 07/04/2022 3:21 am

9 hours ago, Urbanite said:

In my opinion and experience no. I didn't have bad scarring to begin with so I wish I'd NEVER gotten fillers. After successive fillings, the unevenness of my face crept up over time. Now it's a mess of filler that likely never dissolved, depressions and fat that likely formed around where the filler was squeezed by the re-tethers.

It's a permanent filler that you believe is causing the damage? Or a temporary one that is taking a long time to dissolve?

MemberMember
(@dirigo39)

Posted : 07/04/2022 4:15 pm

whats fibrotic scarring and how do you know you have it?

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 07/05/2022 3:16 am

If they are tethered fillers wont make much difference because the filler like to move around. It will always move to the area of least resistance. If you have widespread rolling scars the bets thing to do is aggressive Subcision like Taylor, ofcourse consider your risk profile and then go for fillers.

MemberMember
(@urbanite)

Posted : 08/29/2022 12:02 am

I think subcision and suction is underrated in this forum. That's what I'd like to try.

Also why is there so little talk about chemical peels? Mr. Matt swore by them.