Notifications
Clear all

Special trick for people with shallow to medium scarring

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 05/19/2022 1:04 am

I just want to share this tactic as I read it somewhere. This was whenever you have events or some thing and want to look less scarred we can use swelling to our advantage for instance do a microneedling at home or spa and your skin tissues will be swollen for a week. This would be produce much smoother look for special events. This wont apply to people with hard scar border. Only people with atrophy but edges of scar are slanting.

please add experience tactics for special events if you have any.

MemberMember
(@candy-says)

Posted : 05/19/2022 2:02 am

7 hours ago, getsmart121 said:

tactics for special events if you have any.

staying home is pretty efficient strategy

In all seriousness, sleeping with silicone sheets will improve pores, tiny ice-picks and light textural scarring. I fell in love with silicone

Kay24 liked
MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 05/19/2022 2:25 am

22 minutes ago, Candy Says said:

staying home is pretty efficient strategy

In all seriousness, sleeping with silicone sheets will improve pores, tiny ice-picks and light textural scarring. I felt in love with silicone

Interesting what the science behind it.

MemberMember
(@candy-says)

Posted : 05/19/2022 3:07 am

it might be a great topic to gather all kind of tips, info about preparations/aftercare, lifestyle, nutrition, etc. It is great to have a textbook to structure your actions between treatments.

For example, I heard that it's ok to take one or two pills of blood thinner medication couple of days prior to surgery .

does blood thickness affect healing?  

I recommend to read this book  https://library.oapen.org/viewer/web/viewer.html?file=/bitstream/handle/20.500.12657/43266/2020_Book_TextbookOnScarManagement.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y

its about scarring in general. Can extract tons of useful info. Paragraph 41 is about acne scars, but nothing new in terms of treatment choices, tbh.

Untitled.png

shei514 liked
MemberMember
(@shei514)

Posted : 05/19/2022 6:16 pm

I might try sleeping with silicone sheets. Very interesting information.

17 hours ago, getsmart121 said:

I just want to share this tactic as I read it somewhere. This was whenever you have events or some thing and want to look less scarred we can use swelling to our advantage for instance do a microneedling at home or spa and your skin tissues will be swollen for a week. This would be produce much smoother look for special events. This wont apply to people with hard scar border. Only people with atrophy but edges of scar are slanting.

please add experience tactics for special events if you have any.

Thats actually a great idea lol just make sure youre good and swollen, or get filler before a special event.

MemberMember
(@flores-jonathan310gmail-com)

Posted : 05/19/2022 7:50 pm

1 hour ago, shei514 said:

I might try sleeping with silicone sheets. Very interesting information.

Thats actually a great idea lol just make sure youre good and swollen, or get filler before a special event.

Do you know of a good place for filler in SoCal?