Notifications
Clear all

Acne Scar Treatment: Dr. Khrom (from NYC) or Dr. Rullan (San Diego)

MemberMember
(@ablevibe)

Posted : 04/30/2022 2:45 pm

I am looking at treating my rolling/boxcar acne scars. I'm really interested in treatment from both Dr. Rullan from San Diego, California and Dr. Khrom from Brooklyn, New York.

Dr. Rullan proposed plan: Cannula subcision, cross (carbolic acid type 1-6), erbium fractional laser, and a filler (juvaderm, rha). Probably a few sessions needed

Dr. Khrom proposed plan:Cannula subcision with Sculptra, genius micro needling, lasemd. Probably a few sessions needed

1) Can anyone offer opinions on the Doctors and their treatment plan? I know Rullan has a great reputation. Is Dr. Khrom in the same league of providers when it comes to acne scars? Is it worth flying out to Rullan when I could stay local with Khrom?

2) Is Sculptra safe to use? Is the risk for nodes just too high? Dr. Khrom's office said with acne scar treament they use a tiny amount compared to other use cases, which means there isn't a risk for Sculptra nodes forming. Does that sound accurate?

I really appreciate any input. Thank you!

MemberMember
(@dirigo39)

Posted : 04/30/2022 8:08 pm

Sculptra is very safe.

MemberMember
(@fory0608)

Posted : 05/13/2022 6:18 am

Have you had your treatment yet? Did you stay local?

MemberMember
(@icingonthecake)

Posted : 01/04/2023 9:50 pm

I am going back and forth between the same two doctors, and I am based in Brooklyn as well.

MemberMember
(@kaos77)

Posted : 02/21/2023 11:09 pm

@icingonthecake have you made any progress? Im planning to reach out to Khrom as Im also Brooklyn based. Thought I was moving to CA last year but it didnt happen and may not, so Rullen is ruled out for me right now.

MemberMember
(@happinessislit)

Posted : 05/24/2023 6:51 pm

Hello, I'm keeping this thread active in case anyone has visited Dr. Khrom and can post updates on their experience. Thank you.

MemberMember
(@jasn)

Posted : 06/18/2023 2:23 pm

Microneeding RF doesnt work for acne scars its a waste of time and money , however it may boost sculptra results