Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cbfog

festive christmas breakout

Howdy everyone and merry Christmas hohoho. Anyways just wanted to bring up the topic of picking at zits... For me it is like an obsession. I have acne but I keep it under control... mostly. Problem is that when I get a pimple I feel this uncontrollable urge to burst it, and then I start seeing all the other little bumps that would probably amount to nothing if I left them alone, but then I go after those too! I can take a look in the mirror now and see that only about two zits on my face were "spontaneously" generated and the rest (like about 4 of em) were a result of me *picking* at my face and it pisses me off! I curse myself for being stupid and swear to never do it again. Then I'll go like a week or so where I won't touch my face or even look in the mirror and my skin will clear up almost completely. But then here comes a little zit. Now I must pop it and then it all goes downhill and I end up with way more zits then should really be there. I think I have some form of OCD where I just can't help but squeezing. How do you people keep yourself from picking at your face? I have noticed that the only thing that will really keep me from obsessing over it is uhm smoking certain illegal plants cause then I just don't really care about it and see how petty and self destructive it really is, but of course I can not do that all the time. It is a never ending cycle! Arggh!

Guest Zitro

hey, I want you to know that you are not the only one who has that urge. In my past, I used to do it, and believe me ... I both enjoyed and hated it, and in the long run ... I abhored those actions I've made.

Let me tell you ways that may help you stop:

_avoid mirrors as much as possible

_use one of those stress ball and squeeze the hell out of it (it really helps! plus you exercise some parts of your forearm muscles)

_remind yourself when you start to pick, that you are doing harm to your acne and your skin (possible scarring)

_if you pop at your zits the correct way with tissue and needle and everything, there's nothing wrong with it

_refer to my thread of "ten reasons not to pick" (I know that I wanted to give 10 and I ran short, so I ended up silly and funny ones)

Merry christmas ... my skin would not have been like how it is now thanks to not picking (and getting facials)