Notifications
Clear all

Darker Skin

MemberMember
(@niyasworld08gmail-com)

Posted : 04/07/2022 8:32 pm

Hello,

My teen daughter started using the regimen 4 weeks ago. She has followed the instructions to a T.Her skin is super dry and scaly. The worst part is her face looks darker. She is African American with brown skin but it appears to be getting darker and it's not an even tone. I searched the forum to see if this is normal but I haven't come across anything. When should the dry skin and scaly look go away? Will her skin go back to it's normal completion?Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 04/18/2022 10:37 am

Darker skin means dry skin. That's it. Always. Benzoyl peroxide can't possibly darken skin long term so no worries there. She just needs to get the dryness under control. It's time to add AHA+ to the regimen. If she hasn't done that, for sure do that and things should improve.

MemberMember
(@niyasworld08gmail-com)

Posted : 05/01/2022 1:14 pm

Thank you for the reply. We have added the oil and AHA (not at the same time). The skin is still dry and peeling but we are anxiously waiting on the dry layer to completely peel off.

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 05/02/2022 10:08 am

Yeah it should. Keep us posted.

MemberMember
(@lizzieswellness)

Posted : 06/22/2022 10:25 pm

Is it safe to take for a long time?It is generally OK to use Benzoyl peroxide for a long time, as long as you do not have any serious side effects. When you stop using benzoyl peroxide you may find that acne comes back. You may want to keep using it to keep acne under control. It doesn't make your skin darker tho

MemberMember
(@niyasworld08gmail-com)

Posted : 07/28/2022 11:19 am

Thank you Dan and Lizzieswellness for the reply. Im happy to report that the drying has improved drastically and so has her skin. We still have a few spots but things are looking good. Im glad that we remained patient and followed the regimen.