Notifications
Clear all

Radiesse or Sculptra for Depressed Acne Scars Collagen Stimulator

MemberMember
(@poorbunny888)

Posted : 04/04/2022 5:42 am

I have these depressed acne scars that are not deep but pretty wide and the location is on the cheek bone so they're very obvious especially in certain angle and lightning. I attach pics of them. 

My derm suggests me Radiesse along with Fotona's Fractional Erbium. I do think i have problem with my collagen production on my face since small breakout would already cause indentation. As you'd see in pics i have those small ice pick scars as the result from those small breakouts (in addition, i'm also under TCA Cross treatments which generate good results. I'll post them later on when I've achieved satisfactory result)

@harmlessboy1441@Sirius Lee

I read you guys suggest Sculptra. May I know what's the reason for it being the better choice as collagen stimulator? And what do you think if it could be applied to my scars? How do you know if a scar is tethered or not? I wonder if mine has the edges since my derm does not mention any subcission.

The derm does not mention Sculptra (perhaps because he doesn't use it) but he uses either Rejuran Scar (Salmon DNA, S.Korea product) and Radiesse and amongst those 2 Radiesse is a much better collagen stimulator according to him. Also I uttered my concern to my derm that I have slow metabolism hence feeling concerned with fillers as my body might not fully absorb it causing long term inflammation underneath the skin. But he assures me that Radiesse is not for volume. Legally, he said any injectables that stays more than 3 months has to be categorized as filler.

What do you guys think of Radiesse? Does it suitable for my scars? Do I need subcission?

Acne org query Radiesse 2.jpg

Acne org query Radiesse.jpg

MemberMember
(@isaac-j-dear)

Posted : 04/04/2022 8:52 am

Your skins very good tbf, a bit of makeup and wearing your hair down and straightened and itll all look perfect. However, if you were to get laser get a fully ablative erbium. The only reason I can imagine your derm not offering it is because he cant.

MemberMember
(@orangelaser162gmail-com)

Posted : 04/04/2022 6:21 pm

dr jason pozner is good for fully ablative erbium. he calls it a micro laser peel

MemberMember
(@baylenbb)

Posted : 04/05/2022 6:29 am

12 hours ago, laserorange said:

dr jason pozner is good for fully ablative erbium. he calls it a micro laser peel

have you gotten results from Pozner? I remember him quoting me $3,000 for erbium and asking me to be a part of a study where my pictures would be published and that was my main quarrel. Although, $3,000 for laser is significant. I never did it.

MemberMember
(@orangelaser162gmail-com)

Posted : 04/05/2022 10:21 pm

15 hours ago, Dontgiveupitsonlyscars said:

have you gotten results from Pozner? I remember him quoting me $3,000 for erbium and asking me to be a part of a study where my pictures would be published and that was my main quarrel. Although, $3,000 for laser is significant. I never did it.

What depth was he going to do for you? Seems like it should have been free if youd be part of a study. The fact that hecontributesto research makes him better than most other cosmetic doctors just using prescribed settings they learn at a seminar.

For me, it wasto try to correct hypertrophic scarring I got after another laser. He wanted to play it safe and go shallower to start and it unfortunately didnt go deep enough to correct. There was no blood. He knows exactly how deep hes going though and is safe and caring. Im thinking of going back to go deeper but Im on accutane now and have to wait a few months.

MemberMember
(@poorbunny888)

Posted : 04/08/2022 2:55 am

@Scarsmakemewanttodie

Thank You, i know my skin issue is not as severe as others in the forum but it does lower my confidence especially i was just hit with adult acnes these past few years. My skin is of sensitive type and collagen production is not at its best, pretty slow even so i'm a bit wary with fully ablative lasers. Burnt by Fraxel, textural issue caused bymicroneedling in the past were a lesson to me that i'd need treatment that mild yet strong enough to still make improvementof the scar and textural issues.

Do you think my scars are shallow enough and could still depend on my own collagen to raise by itself? I'm having concern with the collagen stimulators i mention especially Radiesse as i'd still need my own metabolism to fully absorb them otherwise it'd create another problem in the future.

Any input for those who have tried or even heard about these collagen stimulators injectables?

MemberMember
(@dirigo39)

Posted : 04/10/2022 6:30 am

There was a girl, can't remember where the photos are. Using Retin a /tretinoin everyday improved her mild scars.

MemberMember
(@poorbunny888)

Posted : 04/11/2022 8:51 am

@dirigo39

I think she's still young hence retinol alone is sufficient. With my age , i even feel my skin regeneration is not that quick and even small untouched breakout could leave indented scar