Notifications
Clear all

10 years scarring- RF Microneedling alone or combine w/bellafill?

MemberMember
(@jialincocogmail-com)

Posted : 02/03/2022 11:35 pm

Hello all, I hope everyone has a great lunar new year! I have been having active acne for 10 years and now left tons of moderate scars all over the faces. I also have some active acnes going on the chain area.  I've recently consulted a few different laser clinics and med spas, but was recommended different treatment plans as follows. Really not sure which route to go!!!???

#1 4 sessions of Radio Frequency Micro Needling: one month apart but the doctor can't guarantee the % of improvement

#2 3 sessions of Radio Frequency Micro Needling+ PRF+ 2 sessions of Bellafill(2 shringles/session) and the clinic guarantees 60% improvement

Pricing($USD): RF Microneedling is around $1000 per session and Bellafill costs $1200/session. They are def not cheap procedures so I would like to do as much homework as I can before I start the investment. 

Machine Model: Intracel(used in option #1), Vivaci, Potenza(used in option#2)- Any experts can tell the difference? which one is the best for acne scaring? 

Also it seems most clinics usually have  these treatments performed by PA or NP rather than the doctors, so  I am just getting a bit worried if their skills would be good as the actual doctors....

Attached are some pics of my skin. Which option would you reckon? Is bellafill needed for me and any cons after aforementioned treatments? 

Any advice or recommendations or your personal experience you could share are really appreciated!!! 

Lastly, I wish everyone has beautiful and glowing skin in 2022!!!

image3.jpeg.19aec25945f353cc6d75f123fbe85730.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image0.jpeg

MemberMember
(@dirigo39)

Posted : 02/04/2022 8:51 am

I don't remember of anyone in this forum recommending rf micro.

MemberMember
(@sdps)

Posted : 02/05/2022 9:17 pm

I dont know much about these treatments but I think your skin looks pretty good with mild scars. I will say that Im not a fan of anything that has RF attached to it. Seems risky and can cause long term damage to some. But thats just my thoughts.

MemberMember
(@phoooo)

Posted : 02/06/2022 12:06 pm

Hello - I just want to say to be careful on the bellafill since its a permanent filler, pleasemake sure the person injecting the filler is skilled. I would ask for before/after pictures if you havent done so yet.

I dont have any personal experience on RF micro needling but from I gathered on the site, the results with it are predominantlyminimal at best.

I personally went to Dr. Rullanin San Diego and had great results on iced pick and boxcar scars.

MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 02/06/2022 12:28 pm

On 2/4/2022 at 8:51 AM, dirigo39 said:

I don't remember of anyone in this forum recommending rf micro.

Genius RF worked for me. 30-40% improvement. My scars were about the same depth as op but more extensive. I'm at the point where all I need is a good resurfacing. It doesn't seem to work for anything moderate. I have 1 deeper scar that had no improvement. I consider ops scars mild based on depth. The temples probably won't respond.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 02/07/2022 10:12 pm

I do RF as an add-on to facials.....not the laser-strength though, more like a stronger form of high frequency.

Ishayat liked
MemberMember
(@parulmundragmail-com)

Posted : 02/11/2022 5:05 am

Hi wishclean , I read your blogs I wanted to ask u about DIM supplement, why u quit taking that and how your skin is amazingly clear

Pls reply , I have started taking DIM two days back