Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Girlwithscars

My soul feels broken. I don’t know if I can fix these scars (pictures)

Recommended Posts

Day two of non stop crying. My heart is absolutely broken. My throat hurts from crying so much. My face is gone. My cheeks are destroyed. I don’t know what to do. I’ve got a 15 minute free consultation with a scar specialist next week and I don’t want to break down in front of him because I have so much to say 

 

6C956B02-6AC0-4943-A373-18F69204B099.jpeg

Edited by Girlwithscars
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Im not gonna say dont cry or anything, first of all they are not that bad. Also you are white you have more options and more agressive treatments to treat them. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest

`

Edited by Candy Says
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Your face is honestly beautiful. Even with the scars. I know its hard to believe but it is youthful and bright and if I saw you on the street, your scars would be too insignificant for me to notice. I only notice it now because its a) a scar forum and b) the lighting is harsh.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Your lighting is extreme harsh and will obviously look bad. Can you post normal light pictures. 
Also your scarring is not bad treatable and they are not deep which means you will likely respond to most treatments. If it is too deep then there is excision method where a scalpel will be used in your case and basically the pitted scar will be cut out and healthy skin will be sutured and there will be faint line instead of The pitted scar. Also another thing that can make these scar rolling is using high power co2 laser with low density on the edges of these boxcar or full ablative erbium laser on the boxcar edges. Within few months they will be converted To rolling and where fillers can come in and make it as normal as possible. Make sure the doctor is doing the treatment above when treating your scars as this is one of the effective ways to convert boxcar edges to rolling.

here is a post to make you feel hopeful

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYFbs6ALCi3/?utm_medium=copy_link

Edited by getsmart121
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Candy Says said:

Your face is not gone. Your cheeks are not destroyed. Your scars are minimal, fresh and very treatable. You are young, white and you have an appointment with the doctor.

Docs dont like to treat hysterical patients, as it puts to much weight on their shoulders so you need to get your shit together.

You might see there are x100000 worse cases than yours and they are fighting. They are finding ways to improve themselves and they do it successfully. Chill.

You need commitment (treatments, diet, lifestyle etc.) and you will be f

6 minutes ago, getsmart121 said:

Your lighting is extreme harsh and will obviously look bad. Can you post normal light pictures. 
Also your scarring is not bad treatable and they are not deep which means you will likely respond to most treatments. If it is too deep then there is excision method where a scalpel will be used in your case and basically the pitted scar will be cut out and healthy skin will be sutured and there will be faint line instead of The pitted scar. Also another thing that can make these scar rolling is using high power co2 laser with low density on the edges of these boxcar. Within few months they will be converted To rolling and where fillers can come in and make it as normal as possible.

 Do you think they’re too deep? Here’s some pics i have of both my cheeks under less harsh lighting. There is definitely some tethering and volume loss that’s for sure. 

A30BFA47-94CD-4F0E-A560-F00C10C371E4.jpeg

36C79D11-D9D5-43C5-A875-1EDBB9D98C03.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Few moderate depth scars and mostly redness. 
conditon analysis: if the redness is fixed and skin looks healthy( use retin a) then scars shouldn’t be noticeable. Now for treating consider phenol cross, tca cross, co2 on edges of scars as mentioned before as well as subcision.

Edited by getsmart121
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Girlwithscars said:

Day two of non stop crying. My heart is absolutely broken. My throat hurts from crying so much. My face is gone. My cheeks are destroyed. I don’t know what to do. I’ve got a 15 minute free consultation with a scar specialist next week and I don’t want to break down in front of him because I have so much to say 

Well, if this was the 80s, then I would completely understand your helplessness. Back then, there were no treatments other than rough dermabrasion. We've come a long way since and there are many treatments available now.

You need to do is keep your head up and think straight. Think like a survivalist in the wild. Come up with a plan. Know what you must do in order to survive. People who lose hope and remain pessimistic are the ones who always perish first. 

Just as the survivalist surveys the terrain and finds food and shelter, come up with strategies. Learn everything about the treatments that are available. This will help prepare you for upcoming appointments with the doctors. Don't expect the doctors to have your best interest at heart. Sadly, most of them just want your money. Hence, you need to arm yourself with knowledge. Always remember, knowledge is power.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Sirius Lee said:

Well, if this was the 80s, then I would completely understand your helplessness. Back then, there were no treatments other than rough dermabrasion. We've come a long way since and there are many treatments available now.

You need to do is keep your head up and think straight. Think like a survivalist in the wild. Come up with a plan. Know what you must do in order to survive. People who lose hope and remain pessimistic are the ones who always perish first. 

Just as the survivalist surveys the terrain and finds food and shelter, come up with strategies. Learn everything about the treatments that are available. This will help prepare you for upcoming appointments with the doctors. Don't expect the doctors to have your best interest at heart. Sadly, most of them just want your money. Hence, you need to arm yourself with knowledge. Always remember, knowledge is power.

 

Thank you. I wrote this post when I was extremely emotional. I’ve done 10 dermapen sessions at home, 4 glycolic acid peels at 40% and some 50% tca. All at home. No professional. I’ve had 8-10% improvement hence why I broke down crying lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please don't do 50% tca or cross at home. I'm really advising against it. I've never seen worse outcomes here than at home TCA cross, and it sucks because I've seen beautiful results by professionals. I don't care if one or two members are experts at it. Get TCA cross done in office.

Edited by Kay24
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Honestly your face looks good also with your minor scars.

anyway I suggest you accutane, and after that tca cross or paint and co2 laser low density, 3-5 sessions for good improvements

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would recommend in the next year if acne is under control,  5 tca cross and 3 subcisions, with 2 co2 fractional, one ablative and then one more fractional with a pulse dye to finish off and if anything requires excision do that but as a last resort. 

Look for competitive prices in especially the low skill procedures and negotiate deals and dont always take the price quoted because they will prey on emotionally effect people and dont take any bullshit about pixel this and prp or any other weird obscure treatment. Please let us know what they say and dont take it as completely correct but look at 101.skin on Instagram and see some possible improvement and you should get some hope for the future from that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree with what other's have said. A lot of the noticeability is redness and you need to get any acne under control. I had really great results from dermabrasion others have with laser and other combinations. You can definitely improve it if you find a good dr and research. They are quite shallow too and if I'm being honest they are somewhere between minor and moderate.

I know all of our souls feel broken, you can join the club and take a seat, that's just how it is. But life goes on and in many cases improvement and getting braver and use to it helps a lot.

Edited by harmlessboy1441
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Set your expectations low for how fast and how much it will improve with treatments, and try to keep your spending on treatments very low. It might take years to see a good amount of improvement, in the meantime you can try makeup like dermaflage to cover it up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wouldn't really agree with the other commenters that the scarring is minor. I can understand why it would affect you like this. Yes, there are many whose scars are worse, but I would consider this to be in the moderate-severe range. I'm saying this as an attempt to validate you, not to make you feel worse.

I can see the pain in your eyes. I have gone through many days of crying because of my scars as well. It's horrible.

But I think there might be reason to hope. Microcoring is apparently available in at least 20 places now (that was how many it was in 2021) and it might be effective. I don't know how much hope I have in the FAK inhibitors or verteporfin there's a chance those could work too.

In the meantime I'd look at the different treatment modalities and the types of scarring they're used for. Personally I'm probably going to try TCA cross and subscision, and maybe microcoring if it becomes available near me. Oh and also microneedling.

Edited by ScarfromtheLionKing
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Be weary of "experts." Dermatologists aren't really formally trained in scar treatments. Much of their skill level is based on trial and error. There are no guaranteed results.

Look for doctors who have lots of experience and get good reviews from peers and patients. Have multiple consultations. 

Not everyone will get good results but you want the highest percentage of victory.

Cross is going to be a logical first step. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, ScarfromtheLionKing said:

I wouldn't really agree with the other commenters that the scarring is minor. I can understand why it would affect you like this. Yes, there are many whose scars are worse, but I would consider this to be in the moderate-severe range. I'm saying this is an attempt to validate you, not to make you feel worse.

I can see the pain in your eyes. I have gone through many days of crying because of my scars as well. It's horrible.

But I think there might be reason to hope. Microcoring is apparently available in at least 20 places now (that was how many it was in 2021) and it might be effective. I don't know how much hope I have in the FAK inhibitors or verteporfin there's a chance those could work too.

In the meantime I'd look at the different treatment modalities and the types of scarring they're used for. Personally I'm probably going to try TCA cross and subscision, and maybe microcoring if it becomes available near me. Oh and also microneedling.

Definitely not Severe it’s looking worse because of redness on the scar from the cross sessions at home. Once the redness fades always the skin will looks a lot better. Now for scarring there are boxcar edges where she needs to flatten with high power co2 or full ablative erbium laser.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/22/2022 at 11:43 PM, getsmart121 said:

Definitely not Severe it’s looking worse because of redness on the scar from the cross sessions at home. Once the redness fades always the skin will looks a lot better. Now for scarring there are boxcar edges where she needs to flatten with high power co2 or full ablative erbium laser.

I can't stress that enough, which is what I originally wrote. The redness is acting as like a highlighter to the scars. I had a dermabrasion and all my scars are somewhat level (at least compared to the horror before) and on certain days they look(ed) invisible. But anytime I have any redness I look like a freak (rosacea or other stuff). That's how much redness affects scar tissue.

There's no doubt you have some minor/moderate scarring and I would suggest looking for solutions as I did, but at the same time the redness fading if you get your acne under control will help a lot, but do something after that like laser, dermabrasion etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/22/2022 at 9:43 PM, getsmart121 said:

Definitely not Severe it’s looking worse because of redness on the scar from the cross sessions at home.

I wouldn't label it as severe scarring, but I disagree with calling it minimal as well. Either way, improvement is definitely possible, @Girlwithscars

It's easier to evaluate scars in-person than it is through photos, but it looks like you mainly have ice pick and boxcar scars. I'd think a few TCA cross procedures would be beneficial, but I recommend getting evaluated by a board-certified dermatologist w/a focus (or at least ample experience) in dealing with acne scarring. Some dermatologists don't have much experience in that area.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Could you give me a little more information on the level of improvement you think I could get? My guess is I have minor to moderate scarring 

15 hours ago, Skin Pessimist said:

I wouldn't label it as severe scarring, but I disagree with calling it minimal as well. Either way, improvement is definitely possible, @Girlwithscars

It's easier to evaluate scars in-person than it is through photos, but it looks like you mainly have ice pick and boxcar scars. I'd think a few TCA cross procedures would be beneficial, but I recommend getting evaluated by a board-certified dermatologist w/a focus (or at least ample experience) in dealing with acne scarring. Some dermatologists don't have much experience in that area.

Could you give me a little more information on the level of improvement you think I could get? My guess is I have minor to moderate scarring 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Girlwithscars said:

Could you give me a little more information on the level of improvement you think I could get? My guess is I have minor to moderate scarring 

Could you give me a little more information on the level of improvement you think I could get? My guess is I have minor to moderate scarring 

If you are looking for big improvement and since your Fitzpatrick is white you are safe going the aggressive route if the doctor has sufficient experience. I strongly believe full ablative mode is key when converting scars to rolling.

Watch this Instagram video of a Patient

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWOhgcggOIS/?utm_medium=copy_link

The before and after as at 16 months. Treatment plan was 

1. Caboxy and subcision 

3 month wait 

2. full ablative co2 laser on the cheek

3 month wait

3. again step 2

After results 6 months from last step.

lets compare results of tca on boxcars to full ablative lasers the same time frame. I think in the same time frame say 3 to 6 months from laser you will see more results from laser than cross as the laser will smoothen the boxcar edges.Whereas with tca it just is slow.

Edited by getsmart121
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, getsmart121 said:

If you are looking for big improvement and since your Fitzpatrick is white you are safe going the aggressive route if the doctor has sufficient experience. I strongly believe full ablative mode is key when converting scars to rolling.

Watch this Instagram video of a Patient

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWOhgcggOIS/?utm_medium=copy_link

The before and after as at 16 months. Treatment plan was 

1. Caboxy and subcision 

3 month wait 

2. full ablative co2 laser on the cheek

3 month wait

3. again step 2

After results 6 months from last step.

lets compare results of tca on boxcars to full ablative lasers the same time frame. I think in the same time frame say 3 to 6 months from laser you will see more results from laser than cross as the laser will smoothen the boxcar edges.Whereas with tca it just is slow.

Gosh all this conflicting advice is torture. I’m starting to think non of these procedures actually provide permanent results for my deep scars. I know the laser will blend the boxcar edges. Sucks it doesn’t bring back that lost tissue

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Girlwithscars said:

Gosh all this conflicting advice is torture. I’m starting to think non of these procedures actually provide permanent results for my deep scars. I know the laser will blend the boxcar edges. Sucks it doesn’t bring back that lost tissue

It might lift scars as well depends on how atrophied they are. The goal of all these treatments is to remove edges of scar and lift the base of scar as much as possible . Then fillers come in where it can be used as a spot method for scar level depression or throughout for overall lifting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes


×