Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi , I am a 59years old male and have suffered with Acne since I was around 13 years old . Initially it was very bad on my back forehead chin and nose area  whilst growing up and in my early twenties . This caused me to become very depressed and just about eroded all my self confidence even leading to a suicide attempt. As the years went by it subsided on my back and lessened on my chin area but has always persisted on my nose and forehead. Although I wouldn’t say that I have ever mentally accepted it I suppose I have just had to learn to live with it and I had resigned myself to the fact that I would be  finally laid out in my coffin with a spotty face. I have tried everything to try and treat/ cure it spending many years on antibiotics and spending a fortune on creams and every “ magical cure” I could come across but alas nothing really made any difference. 

However last year I went to one of these Victorian replica town tourist attractions and they had an old chemist shop where I purchased some carbolic soap. Stinky stuff as it is I have washed my face three times a day for the past few months and I can say that my acne has virtually cleared up I probably get one small pimple a month now if that ,my skin is not red and infected as it was before and this has left me in a state of disbelief after all the years of suffering. I not saying it’s a magical cure but it has urged me  to tell people and if this helps just one young person to live a better quality of life then that would be great. I get my soap from the carbolic soap co it comes in a long pink block and you chop a piece off. It’s quite cheap also . 

Please let me know your comments