Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have been putting meds on my face since 7th grade, and I am a little worried that over time its going to have bad affects. I used phisoderm for awhile, then I used proactive for a long time, and now I use plexion. Currently I am a senior in highschool and just ending my third month on accutane. I used the Cetaphil wash and it was ok, it doesn't really have anything to fight acne in it though, its just a cleanser, so I don't really use it, I just use the Plexion. So what I have been interested in are those kind of herbal soaps. They won't dry out your skin (so I am told), but they also have ingredients in them to fight acne and make your skin look nicer. Here they are:

Desert Essence Face Wash-Castile soap, olive oil, coconut oil, organic tea tree oil (melaleuca alternifolia),

extracts of matricaria (chamomile), goldenseal, awapuhi (hawaiian white ginger), bladderwrack,

essential oil of palmarosa, petitgrain, organic lavandine super and peppermint oil.

Dove Essential Nutrients-Water, Glycerin. Decyl Glucoside, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate,

Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-35 Soy Glycerides, Polysorbate 80,

Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Disodium PEG-12 Dimethicone Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Caproyl Lactylate,

Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Phenoxyethanol, Polysorbate 20, Fragrance, Citric Acid,

Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A Palmitate), Panthenol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate,

Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Octoxynol-9, BHT,

Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Saccharomyces/Zinc Ferment,

Saccharomyces/Magnesium Ferment

Avalon Organic Botanicals Facial Cleansing Gel-Therapeutic Lavender Certified Organic Lavender Floral Water (lavandula officinalis), Certified Organic Extracts of Ginkgo Biloba,

Green Tea (camellia sinensis), and Lavender (lavandula officinalis), Cucumber Extract (cucumis sativus),

Certified Organic Aloe Barbadensis, Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Vegetable Glycerine, NaPCA,

Panthenol (pro-vitamin B5), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E), Allantoin, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (vitamin C),

Retinyl Palmitate (vitamin A), Citric Acid, Glyceryl Cocoate, Methyl/Propylparaben, Pure Essential Oils

The Avalon organic Botanicals Facial Cleansing Gel and the Dove Essential Nutrients seem to be sort of the same. They both have Green Tea extract and vitamins. The Desert Essence stuff has the Tea Tree Oil in it. I am leaning towards the Dove Essentials, but I really don't know.

If anyone has tried any of these three products, or know of another one, please help me out! Thanks so much!

Also tell me if using this herbal soap stuff is a bad idea altogether, as I have never tried anything like this before. It just seems like a good plan.

I have been putting meds on my face since 7th grade, and I am a little worried that over time its going to have bad affects. I used phisoderm for awhile, then I used proactive for a long time, and now I use plexion. Currently I am a senior in highschool and just ending my third month on accutane. I used the Cetaphil wash and it was ok, it doesn't really have anything to fight acne in it though, its just a cleanser, so I don't really use it, I just use the Plexion. So what I have been interested in are those kind of herbal soaps. They won't dry out your skin (so I am told), but they also have ingredients in them to fight acne and make your skin look nicer. Here they are:

Desert Essence Face Wash-Castile soap, olive oil, coconut oil, organic tea tree oil (melaleuca alternifolia),

extracts of matricaria (chamomile), goldenseal, awapuhi (hawaiian white ginger), bladderwrack,

essential oil of palmarosa, petitgrain, organic lavandine super and peppermint oil.

Dove Essential Nutrients-Water, Glycerin. Decyl Glucoside, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate,

Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-35 Soy Glycerides, Polysorbate 80,

Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Disodium PEG-12 Dimethicone Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Caproyl Lactylate,

Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Phenoxyethanol, Polysorbate 20, Fragrance, Citric Acid,

Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A Palmitate), Panthenol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate,

Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Octoxynol-9, BHT,

Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Saccharomyces/Zinc Ferment,

Saccharomyces/Magnesium Ferment

Avalon Organic Botanicals Facial Cleansing Gel-Therapeutic Lavender Certified Organic Lavender Floral Water (lavandula officinalis), Certified Organic Extracts of Ginkgo Biloba,

Green Tea (camellia sinensis), and Lavender (lavandula officinalis), Cucumber Extract (cucumis sativus),

Certified Organic Aloe Barbadensis, Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Vegetable Glycerine, NaPCA,

Panthenol (pro-vitamin B5), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E), Allantoin, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (vitamin C),

Retinyl Palmitate (vitamin A), Citric Acid, Glyceryl Cocoate, Methyl/Propylparaben, Pure Essential Oils

The Avalon organic Botanicals Facial Cleansing Gel and the Dove Essential Nutrients seem to be sort of the same. They both have Green Tea extract and vitamins. The Desert Essence stuff has the Tea Tree Oil in it. I am leaning towards the Dove Essentials, but I really don't know.

If anyone has tried any of these three products, or know of another one, please help me out! Thanks so much!

Also tell me if using this herbal soap stuff is a bad idea altogether, as I have never tried anything like this before. It just seems like a good plan.

Biore, that one that comes in a green bottle for large pores & acne prone skin. It's the best!! Also one Doc told me to use Dial handwash soap bc my skin is extremly oily.