Notifications
Clear all

Verteporfin clinical trial by Me

MemberMember
(@isaac-j-deargmail-com)

Posted : 01/14/2022 9:45 pm

Okay so as I have mentioned previously before I have a science background and so does much of my family one brother as a doctor and a sister as surgeon. This obviously has its benefits, I have recently been studying the verteporfin trials and its likely hood of preventing scarring. Obviously the sensible decision would be to wait until the very clever people at Stanford finish it all of and get it FDA approved for the use of scar prevention. However, the drug is available for online purchase, I have a expert in drug injection and access to excision tools. The drug is currently in use for injection into the blood stream and a common side effect is mild skin irritation. The other small question is to volume of injection. If you guys have any information on this it would be great to hear. For obvious reasons I plan to stay anonymous but if I can have reasonable certainty that the side effects of the drug are local to the site of injection instead of having global effects then I would be willing to get an old surgical scar of approximate diameter 1.5cm excised and stitched with verteporfin injectedin the margins and would happily report back to you guys not as a way of encouragement but more as a way of hopefully giving you hope for the future.

Shelly399, VerteporfinHopeful, Suvvolo and 3 people liked
MemberMember
(@candy-says)

Posted : 01/14/2022 9:52 pm

Subscribe.

jokes aside, stay safe. I hope you are doing that not because of desperation. Think twice.

MemberMember
(@isaac-j-deargmail-com)

Posted : 01/14/2022 10:27 pm

29 minutes ago, Candy Says said:

Subscribe.

jokes aside, stay safe. I hope you are doing that not because of desperation. Think twice.

Its not necessarily desperation, but its more just a lack of patience. Like when a drug that has previous use goes into FDA safety approval it can take approximately 5 years or so for a product that is 99% safe or has minimal Sideeffects. So I would like to get some facial scars excised in the next year when I get a break for work and if I can do maybe or two safe trials on scars on my body is discrete places then I can see no harm in at least having ago if the only negative side effect is irritations and sun sensitivity and if it dosent work or I do it wrong Im left with the same scar I would have had anyway with a normal left to heal treatment.

Shelly399 liked
MemberMember
(@kawin-ethayarajhgmail-com)

Posted : 01/14/2022 10:55 pm

Who's going to perform the surgery? Your sister?

MemberMember
(@isaac-j-deargmail-com)

Posted : 01/14/2022 11:07 pm

9 minutes ago, k95 said:

Who's going to perform the surgery? Your sister?

Yes or another friend or something its only my leg and a scalpel excision is a very low skill procedure and the personal Ill speak to about it will have at least 10 plus years of complex surgery so nothing to worry about in terms of knowledge and ability. I probably will go to a plastic surgeon for the face excisions. But other than that I cant think of a more trustworthy surgeon than someone who really does care about you.

Shelly399, Suvvolo, getsmart121 and 1 people liked
MemberMember
(@verteporfinhopeful)

Posted : 01/15/2022 7:20 am

I wish you the best. I long for the contacts to have Verteporfin scar revision. Look forward to seeing updates

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 01/15/2022 11:31 am

13 hours ago, Scarsmakemewanttodie said:

Okay so as I have mentioned previously before I have a science background and so does much of my family one brother as a doctor and a sister as surgeon. This obviously has its benefits, I have recently been studying the verteporfin trials and its likely hood of preventing scarring. Obviously the sensible decision would be to wait until the very clever people at Stanford finish it all of and get it FDA approved for the use of scar prevention. However, the drug is available for online purchase, I have a expert in drug injection and access to excision tools. The drug is currently in use for injection into the blood stream and a common side effect is mild skin irritation. The other small question is to volume of injection. If you guys have any information on this it would be great to hear. For obvious reasons I plan to stay anonymous but if I can have reasonable certainty that the side effects of the drug are local to the site of injection instead of having global effects then I would be willing to get an old surgical scar of approximate diameter 1.5cm excised and stitched with verteporfin injectedin the margins and would happily report back to you guys not as a way of encouragement but more as a way of hopefully giving you hope for the future.

This would be a game changer as the risk with larger excision were indented scars. If this can work we can technically remove the moderate hollow scars with excision as well without fearing for scars worse. As most of the time when only deeper scars are worth the excision risk failing . Please keep us updated thanks for the effort.

MemberMember
(@isaac-j-deargmail-com)

Posted : 01/15/2022 11:37 am

4 minutes ago, getsmart121 said:

This would be a game changer as the risk with larger excision were indented scars. If this can work we can technically remove the moderate hollow scars with excision as well without fearing for scars worse. As most of the time when only deeper scars are worth the excision risk failing . Please keep us updated thanks for the effort.

Obviously Im not going to rush into this, still need to work out the depth of injection and volume and get some more concrete information on potential side effects.

Shelly399 liked
MemberMember
(@niketgandhir)

Posted : 01/15/2022 11:59 am

Good luck and keep us updated

MemberMember
(@dease1022)

Posted : 01/15/2022 9:28 pm

so better to double check for yourself but from the last paper with the test done on the pig. it seems that the researchers, instead of injecting, made hydrogels and infused the drug similar to verteporfin and was just put on over the healing wound. I'm not entirely sure if that's the direction they are heading but the study mentioned that they dissolved 1mg of the drug per 1ml of solvent and applied the paste to the hydrogel and then changed the hydrogel every other day for 3 weeks and then every week after that.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-021-25410-z#Fig1

MemberMember
(@isaac-j-deargmail-com)

Posted : 01/16/2022 1:24 am

3 hours ago, dease1022 said:

so better to double check for yourself but from the last paper with the test done on the pig. it seems that the researchers, instead of injecting, made hydrogels and infused the drug similar to verteporfin and was just put on over the healing wound. I'm not entirely sure if that's the direction they are heading but the study mentioned that they dissolved 1mg of the drug per 1ml of solvent and applied the paste to the hydrogel and then changed the hydrogel every other day for 3 weeks and then every week after that.

Yes thank you, you can see in the scarless healing forum we know quite a lot about this. This is just a safer way of administrating the drug however I currently dont quite have the ability to manufacturer the sheets in my bedroom. However I do have access to the injectable variant of the drug. Obviously if both were available I would chose that method though

MemberMember
(@anon001)

Posted : 01/16/2022 5:51 am

20 hours ago, dease1022 said:

They are two different studies. One is the Longaker's study with Verteporfin the other is the Gurtner's study with VS-6062.

Do not confound them.

The two drugs are similar but they are different molecules.

The Verteporfin pig study has not been published yet.

Verteporfin is already on the market as Visudyne and can be used Off-label, VS-6062 is not on the market.

MemberMember
(@astralscarecrowgmail-com)

Posted : 02/01/2022 11:43 pm

Scarsmakemewanttodie, have you administered the drug to yourself?

MemberMember
(@isaac-j-deargmail-com)

Posted : 02/02/2022 8:42 am

I have not yet but Im waiting for at least the pig study which is currently in peer review

MemberMember
(@astralscarecrowgmail-com)

Posted : 02/03/2022 10:20 pm

^ What conditions are you looking for before trying it on yourself? That it is effective in the pigs, and safe?

MemberMember
(@scars4life)

Posted : 02/04/2022 1:34 am

On 2/2/2022 at 7:42 AM, Scarsmakemewanttodie said:

I have not yet but Im waiting for at least the pig study which is currently in peer review

Hey.. where are you getting that the status of the pig study is in peer review..

Anyways, I guess Im obligated to tell you.. dont do it.. but hey.. If I had the means I would try it on myself too, I get it.

This shit has been in use for decades, doubt there will be much of an adverse effect, but like with anything you never know.Definitely probably a good idea to wait for pig trials though, and thedocumentedapproach there would be much closer to how it would apply to humans.

I knew someone somewhere would try this sooner or later lol.

God Speed!

MemberMember
(@vivi-devoux)

Posted : 04/12/2022 6:45 am

Wow, this sounds so interesting.

Any update regarding yourself clinical trial?

MemberMember
(@isaac-j-deargmail-com)

Posted : 04/12/2022 7:54 am

Havent got round to it yet the dosages are quite hard to work out, but Ive heard some people in a discord are doing it and there much more clued up than I am.

MemberMember
(@melbipson)

Posted : 04/12/2022 4:16 pm

Thank you for your service as a guineau pig, brother.

(@kyliecouch)

Posted : 06/04/2022 1:38 am

I was one of those individuals I have had a lot of plastic surgery and some of my incisions didn't heal well. I was going to try it in December while I was on antibiotics from another surgical procedure but decided since I was unsure of the frequency of the treatment that I'd prefer to wait as I can always do it later regardless of whether I excise my scar. I did remove one of my larger more gross scars myself and suture it closed and it healed really well without Verteporfin but at some point in the future when I have the last details I need I'll probably excise it again so it can be removed entirely. From what I understood earlier this year Dr. Longaker is currently starting their phase 3 trials with patients who have cleft lips.

Shelly399 liked
MemberMember
(@salvador-ruiz-writergmail-com)

Posted : 07/26/2022 1:47 pm

I would like to give this a try. Could You help me purchase they drug? You see, I live in Venezuela and don't have access to it.

On 1/14/2022 at 10:45 PM, Scarsmakemewanttodie said:

MemberMember
(@silverspartan76gmail-com)

Posted : 08/13/2022 7:45 am

Where are you able to purchase is drug? And do you need a prescription? Also what is the cost?

MemberMember
(@delcabe30)

Posted : 08/24/2022 12:32 pm

Good afternoon how are you, I would like to know what happened with your clinical trial, if it finally works or if we have to resign ourselves and wait longer for a definitive solution to this suffering of suffering from acne scars, I would very much like you to answer me, thank you.

MemberMember
(@vasilis9brgmail-com)

Posted : 09/01/2022 3:48 am

On 4/12/2022 at 2:54 PM, Scarsmakemewanttodie said:

Havent got round to it yet the dosages are quite hard to work out, but Ive heard some people in a discord are doing it and there much more clued up than I am.

Any update?

MemberMember
(@niceday)

Posted : 12/14/2023 5:29 am

I would like to use Verteporfin on my scars. I am in a lot of stress.

Please contact me.

I don't know anyone but I can go to the USA.

Please let me know.