Notifications
Clear all

Considering the Total Fx

MemberMember
(@sdps)

Posted : 01/14/2022 4:18 pm

So my acne scars have always bothered me but now as I'm aging and wrinkles are forming and skin is starting to sag I am now considering the co2 laser. I have spoken with a Dr and got a price of 3500.00 . Here are some pics of my skin in different lightening. Do you think the co2 laser might be effective? I know Dr like to push it. do these scars look to deep for laser? my skin is really upset right now. I over did it with chemicals which is why it's really red.

20220114_130033.jpg

20220114_120722.jpg

20220114_095037.jpg

20220113_220930.jpg

MemberMember
(@isaac-j-deargmail-com)

Posted : 01/14/2022 8:24 pm

I would personally do a few sessions of TCA and subcision prior to laser to get the deeper scars into a better depth, as if they can laser under the scar they can remove it. But if the scars are not the priority I would go straight for co2 as that will benefit the signs on ageing best. Do you mind me asking what country your based in and what doctor you have contacted.

MemberMember
(@sdps)

Posted : 01/14/2022 9:03 pm

Thank you! I have done some tca treatments but I thougt subcsion was more for rolling. Maybe Im wrong but dont Ihave boxscar and ice pick scars? Its hard to tell. Yes I imagine the laser should help with the wrinkles, hopefully.

MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 01/14/2022 9:15 pm

I have no experience with lasers at all, but it would seem like that might help for the textural. Personally I see textural issues and scattered scarring that's not deep. But since it's widespread, you likely need an ablative treatment. So I would probably say yeah, try laser. I know I was super happy with Dermabrasion and they say laser is the new upgraded version of that.

Just make sure the doctor is good. $3500 seems about right for ablative c02.

For the record, I'm not much of a believer in TCA as it's too unpredictable from what I've read (just my opinion), but I agree with the thesis of the other poster that if you have any deeper scars, you'd likely want to kind of get them more level in order to fully affect them all with laser thereafter. But from what I can see, you really don't look like you have any deep scars, maybe a few. I had the same or deeper before a dermabrasion and it turned out fantastic.

MemberMember
(@isaac-j-deargmail-com)

Posted : 01/14/2022 9:20 pm

14 minutes ago, sdps said:

Thank you! I have done some tca treatments but I thougt subcsion was more for rolling. Maybe Im wrong but dont Ihave boxscar and ice pick scars? Its hard to tell. Yes I imagine the laser should help with the wrinkles, hopefully.

Yes makes complete sense I couldnt tell the exact scar types through the photo. So yes TCA would work very well in your case at raising those scars and the more you raise them the more benefit you will see in your laser treatment. Is that 3500 dollars or pounds btw

MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 01/15/2022 2:46 am

I was considering this but now I'm considering ablative erbium instead. I've heard from one user that TotalFX was one of the better treatments they had, and there is a recent topic from another user that TotalFX caused more texture issues. Fractional CO2 is hit or miss and more texture issues is part of the miss. It's tough.I'm still researching but I'm leaning more toward fully ablative at this rate.

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 01/16/2022 4:04 pm

I would suggest phenol Chemobrasion since you are getting old. This will also tighten you face and make it looks more youthful. Plus you scars seems textural so that should be fine.

MemberMember
(@sdps)

Posted : 01/17/2022 1:11 am

Thanks for the suggestions! Too be honest this has been a battle within myself for quite a long time. I go through waves of ups and downs about the condition of my skin. Of course family and friends tell me that its so mild that its nothing that should be bring me down as much as it sometimes does but I have neer seem anyone with skin like mine. and the reality is that its very difficult for me. AT points I get so sad that its just consumes the majority of my thoughts and I will start comparing my skin to everyone else who posts trying to see if my skin is like theirs or not, I know it sounds bad.I cant put my finger on what I so dislike about the conditon of my skin. The scarring is hard for me to capture in pics and it probably is on the shallow side (I dont think any of them are tethered ) but my skin seems so rough and even using retin a for 2 years it really hasnt improved my skin. I am really considering a deeper laser at this point and hoping I may see someimprovement but Im not sure if my expectaions are too high. The penol peel just scares me so I dont hae the nerve to consider it at this time.

What exactly defines textured skin? Does that refer to large pores? or scarred pores? I think my skin has like orange peel type skin if that what you mean. Has anyone had success with treating orange peel skin?

Thank you

MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 01/19/2022 10:15 pm

On 1/17/2022 at 1:11 AM, sdps said:

Thanks for the suggestions! Too be honest this has been a battle within myself for quite a long time. I go through waves of ups and downs about the condition of my skin. Of course family and friends tell me that its so mild that its nothing that should be bring me down as much as it sometimes does but I have neer seem anyone with skin like mine. and the reality is that its very difficult for me. AT points I get so sad that its just consumes the majority of my thoughts and I will start comparing my skin to everyone else who posts trying to see if my skin is like theirs or not, I know it sounds bad.I cant put my finger on what I so dislike about the conditon of my skin. The scarring is hard for me to capture in pics and it probably is on the shallow side (I dont think any of them are tethered ) but my skin seems so rough and even using retin a for 2 years it really hasnt improved my skin. I am really considering a deeper laser at this point and hoping I may see someimprovement but Im not sure if my expectaions are too high. The penol peel just scares me so I dont hae the nerve to consider it at this time.

What exactly defines textured skin? Does that refer to large pores? or scarred pores? I think my skin has like orange peel type skin if that what you mean. Has anyone had success with treating orange peel skin?

Thank you

When I say texture I mean mostly like a generally level but blurry or uneven or cracked look, that almost mimics scars but are more "textural" or "superficial". I have the same issue (on top of scars) so don't feel bad, I'm talking about me too. But a lot of what you seem to have is mostly like, lines and textural stuff. That's just my impression. I don't see deep or even moderate scars not really. I agree with getsmart. Something that tightens and targets textural is probably the best your gonna get because that's the main problem.

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 01/22/2022 11:03 am

On 1/16/2022 at 10:11 PM, sdps said:

Thank you

The truth is that everyone is right. You have the right to feel however you want. This is why you are on this forum. You are self-conscious. At the same time, they aren't in your shoes and don't understand how you feel. Also, they don't look at your skin all of the time.

I've had Total FX done and it has helped with scars. I've done TCA/Phenol Cross, Erbium, microneedling, non-ablative lasers, etc. Only CO2 laser has gotten me noticeable improvement. This does not mean it's completely safe and without risk. Please read my other posts.

The good thing about this treatment is that you have somewhat fair skin so the laser can go deeper (if your doctor is competent) and you don't end up with too much erythema or hyperpigmentation. You do have some lines (not sure if all are scars) and I think lasers will smooth those out. This is all my OPINION and not medical advice. CO2 will not get rid of everything - it's impossible. But I think you will see improvement with the right doctor and settings. Is it worth $3,500? It's within the realm or reasonable but shop around. Unless this doctor is very reputable, I would consult with multiple ones. Of course, you wouldn't want cost to dictate everything but it does add relief when you spend less and get the same results.