Notifications
Clear all

TCA - viable solution for boxcar scars?

MemberMember
(@isastanmaria93gmail-com)

Posted : 01/01/2022 1:50 pm

Hello guys,

I have the following concern regarding acne scars's treatment. More specifically, from your experience and knowledge, can you treat boxcar scars with TCA cross? 

TCA spot peels or TCA cross lower percentage would do the trick for these type of scars? Please see below.

Right cheek - more damaged than the right one:

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

IMG_6764.jpeg

Left cheek: 

IMG_6505.JPG

IMG_6661.jpeg

I can say by looking at my right cheek that there are 2 medium depth (pretty deep, I'd assume) - these are the most visible and most irritating :( - please see below highlighted in red. the others area are pretty close, but I'd say less deep.

Another question for you would be: there are some devices at this moment that can say exactly the depth of a scar, so you can have a precise method/invasive procedure to follow according to the exact depth/type of scar?

Thank you.

InkedIMG_6508_LI.jpg

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 01/01/2022 5:12 pm

Phenol or tca cross some sessions.I strongly think that even if the scar cant be lifted their edges can be greatly smoothed out which makes it respond to filler easily.so that way cross works is the acid destroys the edges some sessions. And make it more rollling and after filler is added for the remaining improvement.

there could be some improvement from low percent peels but nothing major as it wont penetrate to the scar.

MemberMember
(@isastanmaria93gmail-com)

Posted : 01/05/2022 4:01 am

Thanks for the reply, getsmart121. So you would recommend TCA (peel or cross, I'd understand that doesn't matter if a peel or cross would make a difference). And I'd understand also that TCA transforms a boxcar in a rolling one by smoothing the edges. My goal would be to actually smooth the edges & lifting up - is there another invasive procedure that does that with good percentage of improvement?

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 01/05/2022 5:40 am

No peel are low strength unless if it is deep peel like phenol chemobrasion. Strengthof acid determines its ability to reach a certain depth. Which is needed for scar improvement. Cross is done at higher percent then compared to peel. Phenol blisters hence it is much more controlled when they apply by a paint brush. With tca it starts spreading when you apply it more than the area it is applied to. See some of the pictures where tca cross was applied although the goal was just the pitted area the acid moves outside of the scar.

You can also go for full ablative erbium laser on the edges of the scar specifically.

MariaIS liked