Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tea Tree Oil and Green Tea are the only herbs clinically proven to work, but which one is better and what is the difference? This may sound stupid, but is the Tea Tree oil actually a tea like the Green Tea is? I only see it as an ingrediant in creams or something. I would rather have a drink than a cream becuase I am using enough topicals, plus I want to use it as a substitute for coffee. How much do you drink of either of these two? What brand is the best and has anyone had any success? Any inital breakout? Thanks a lot!

Tea Tree Oil and Green Tea are the only herbs clinically proven to work, but which one is better and what is the difference? This may sound stupid, but is the Tea Tree oil actually a tea like the Green Tea is? I only see it as an ingrediant in creams or something. I would rather have a drink than a cream becuase I am using enough topicals, plus I want to use it as a substitute for coffee. How much do you drink of either of these two? What brand is the best and has anyone had any success? Any inital breakout? Thanks a lot!

Hey pocket, Tea Tree Oil is basically a oil that can be used on practically everything (Acne, Cold sores, Cuts, Disinfectant etc etc) . It basically dries out the skin, and if your looking for the acne treatment for this then it will be a topical. On the other hand Green Tea is something that you can take as a drink, not sure how effective it is.

green tea clears out ur body n shit.. is effective, takes a while tho. tto is good for drying out zits, i put some on and this huge zit in my nose dried up in like 3 days

Tea Tree Oil I would not reccomend drinking or anything but it works fairly decently on the skin. If you buy the full consetration (100%) mix it with some aloe vera (like 2 or 3 drops of tea tree oil and a lot of aloe gel!) Tea tree oil takes a while to work from what I have read but is as effective as benzol peroxide.

Tea Tree Oil has the same effects as BP but is slower in doing so. Some main reasons why people use it is because it doesnt bleach the skin, its less irratable and its a natural treatment.

Tea tree oil is really toxic when consumed so never drink it! It's great when used pure (100%) as a spot treatment when you see a pimple starting to form. Don't use much of the 100% oil though, and only use 100% for spot treatment. If you're going to use it on your whole face you have to use it in a much less concentration.

I haven't used green tea so can't comment on that.

"tea tree" (Melaleuca alternifolia) isn't the same plant as tea (Camellia sinensis). the former reportedly has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties, both of which are good for acne. it seems to work for me as a spot treatment. the latter also reportedly is anti-bacterial but more importantly, breaks apart oil. (an old Chinese restaurant trick: a cup of leftover tea cleans tables about as well as soap.)

on the caffeine side: yes, green tea has less caffeine than coffee or black tea, which is just oxidized green tea. personally, I prefer green tea's slow caffeine buzz to compared to coffee's sudden jolt. and since tea is fairly low in caffeine, it's a good way to keep hydrated.