Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
catchingFeelings

Rullan’s phenol peel treatment

Rullan says that phenol peel treatment reduces deep acne scars by 80%. However, people who have phenol peels say that it has no effect on deep acne scars. I trust Rullan but this confuses me. I don't want to give away $6,000 for nothing.

Yup doesn’t do much for deep scars except little bit smoothness that’s all. Maybe 2 phenol peel will give better results but not sure. It just helps enlarged pores, little bit scar smoothning and overall comlexsion. The goal of his treatment is to smoothen edges so that filler can do the job of lifting skin up. Without this step the filler won’t be able to do the job of making skin look uniform.

Edited by getsmart121

6 hours ago, getsmart121 said:

Yup doesn’t do much for deep scars except little bit smoothness that’s all. Maybe 2 phenol peel will give better results but not sure. It just helps enlarged pores, little bit scar smoothning and overall comlexsion. The goal of his treatment is to smoothen edges so that filler can do the job of lifting skin up. With this step the filler won’t be able to do the job of making skin look uniform.

Do you think this is fake? An excerpt from the article by Rullan

78B1E862-ECD1-473A-81F1-961D4D4CEBCA.jpeg

Edited by catchingFeelings

It’s mostly a scam if you looking for scar improvement, if it is being marketed as such. Photos can be deceiving as lighting plays a key role the more the light can fill in the less severe acne looks. The first photo is top down lighting which shows scarring.mean it helps scars sure, but is it worth 6k hell no. If u have complexion and texture issues then fine. I would go for as to say it is inferior to erbium fully abaltive laser. When u do fully ablative laser you basically abrade the surface of the scar till it’s gone so basically vaporizing the surface. In my opinion you can prep the boxcars by abrading the scar edges with full abaltive laser that should give u good results. Not a big fan of fractional as it could give more texture issues. 

If u have mostly boxcars, then the best option is to go for dermabrasion with tca. U are physically abrading the edges of the scar till u see the scar edge is gone. NoT just hoping it would go in a certain way. Agin depends on the scar depth you have of it shallow to medium then go for phenol chemobrasion. If it is severe you better not go with phenol chemobrasion in the start. For icepick the best thing to do is excision. Again depends on how deep the scar is. But iF it is shallow to medium then cross. Also do your research with side effects with each treatment option. I think rullan phenol has least side effects but lower rate of scar improvement.

And another piece of advice never look at the articles published by the doctor himself it is bound to be biased. 

Edited by getsmart121

On 11/25/2021 at 4:19 PM, catchingFeelings said:

Do you think this is fake? An excerpt from the article by Rullan

78B1E862-ECD1-473A-81F1-961D4D4CEBCA.jpeg

Lightning is different 

That photo's lighting is completely different. 

He was once called a genuine doc but now seems to be after money. 

On 11/25/2021 at 2:21 PM, getsmart121 said:

It’s mostly a scam if you looking for scar improvement, if it is being marketed as such. Photos can be deceiving as lighting plays a key role the more the light can fill in the less severe acne looks. The first photo is top down lighting which shows scarring.mean it helps scars sure, but is it worth 6k hell no. If u have complexion and texture issues then fine. I would go for as to say it is inferior to erbium fully abaltive laser. When u do fully ablative laser you basically abrade the surface of the scar till it’s gone so basically vaporizing the surface. In my opinion you can prep the boxcars by abrading the scar edges with full abaltive laser that should give u good results. Not a big fan of fractional as it could give more texture issues. 

If u have mostly boxcars, then the best option is to go for dermabrasion with tca. U are physically abrading the edges of the scar till u see the scar edge is gone. NoT just hoping it would go in a certain way. Agin depends on the scar depth you have of it shallow to medium then go for phenol chemobrasion. If it is severe you better not go with phenol chemobrasion in the start. For icepick the best thing to do is excision. Again depends on how deep the scar is. But iF it is shallow to medium then cross. Also do your research with side effects with each treatment option. I think rullan phenol has least side effects but lower rate of scar improvement.

And another piece of advice never look at the articles published by the doctor himself it is bound to be biased. 

Do you think a pmd  microderm device is strong enough, or do you think going to a spa is better? 

Edited by dirigo39

15 hours ago, catchingFeelings said:

If even the best doctor is doing this trick, we have no one to trust.

They are all doing this

7 hours ago, getsmart121 said:

Microdermabrasion is very weak and is not recommended at all.

Oh right, I forgot there was a difference! only a doctor can do dermabrasion right?

1 hour ago, catchingFeelings said:

literally fraud. someone needs to stop this

Don’t get me wrong improvement is definitely possible. But not to the extent we are thinking. Depending on severity of scarring. And will take many sessions. This is the hard truth. For instance new scars respond very well. I think most of it have to do with skin memory. Chemobrasion also tightens skin so could be good for rolling scars since they lack laxity and are lose.

1 hour ago, getsmart121 said:

Beni yanlış anlama iyileştirme kesinlikle mümkün. Ama düşündüğümüz ölçüde değil. Yara izinin ciddiyetine bağlı olarak. Ve birçok seans alacaktır. Bu zor gerçek. Örneğin yeni yara izleri çok iyi tepki verir. Çoğunun cilt hafızasıyla ilgili olduğunu düşünüyorum. Kemobrazyon ayrıca cildi sıkılaştırır, bu nedenle gevşeklikten yoksun oldukları ve kaybolduğu için yara izleri için iyi olabilir.

That's not what I'm talking about. They change the lighting and deceive people. He says there will be 80% improvement with one session of treatment. I could believe it and give $6,000. Isn't this fraud?

Edited by catchingFeelings

10 hours ago, catchingFeelings said:

That's not what I'm talking about. They change the lighting and deceive people. He says there will be 80% improvement with one session of treatment. I could believe it and give $6,000. Isn't this fraud?

Deeper scars ? Medicine is literally helpless against those , mark  my words 30 % best improv , you can get , only way how to get significant improv for deep icepick or boxcar is excision , but that is gambling really , no one will guarantee u the outcome , easiest to improve are rolling scars , surface is intact so subcise and fill , however u need refilling once a year i d say.

21 hours ago, catchingFeelings said:

Lol maybe we can ask rullan that u will pay 7000 instead of 6 if you get 80 percent improvement. And if that improvement is not there then u will pay half that of 6k. Looks a fair deal. If acne scars are so dynamic in results from person to person and if he think on average people get 80 percent improvement from his peel. What’s wrong in doing this approach. He will win majority of time. 

this is the most impressive phenol chemobrasion patient I have seen of him. Where the atrophic scars have been filled.

When I showed this photo he said that he just didn’t had phenol he had also touch ups which would mean fillers or possibly another phenol. For me personally phenol can’t soften edges much so I would say fully ablative laser is best for hard boxcar edges.

0DBC3DA5-0AEA-445C-BA06-738D5E20620F.jpeg

Edited by getsmart121