Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ihatemyface1252

Indented Acne scar near lip :(

Last summer I was going through a stressful period and broke out in an extreme rash. It left a dry spot near my lip which I was told was something called granuloma annulare. I was given a steroid cream and it took FOREVER to heal and left me with an indented acne scar. 

Then, I had a lip pimple which wouldn’t heal and caused the skin under my lip to peel and then healed and left textured marks.

i had one session of microneedling and yes I know it takes more than one I am scheduled for more but I hate this!!!! 

it’s ALL i see and ALL I think about and it makes me so depressed. I cant focus on anything without checking on the camera to see what it looks like. No matter how many times people tell me they don’t see it or my boyfriend says nothing is there- it drives me INSANE. I think about it 24/7. Help. :(

5ED0DE61-58CE-4B4A-A30A-57A7D072D83C.png

E5170CD9-EB9A-4AB1-911B-DE86B4D02587.png

I think you're talking about that little imperfection below your lip to the left there? Honestly I am squarely in your boyfriend's camp here. It's not noticeable. I had to be like "what is she referring to" for a while until I saw something, and I'm still not sure I got it right. 

But it's real to you and that's what matters, so go ahead and try non-invasive treatments if you'd like, but don't go crazy with anything hardcore. Sometimes treatments can leave their own marks behind. 

1 hour ago, Dan said:

I think you're talking about that little imperfection below your lip to the left there? Honestly I am squarely in your boyfriend's camp here. It's not noticeable. I had to be like "what is she referring to" for a while until I saw something, and I'm still not sure I got it right. 

But it's real to you and that's what matters, so go ahead and try non-invasive treatments if you'd like, but don't go crazy with anything hardcore. Sometimes treatments can leave their own marks behind. 

I appreciate you. Thank you.