Notifications
Clear all

TCA CROSS Side effects (Please help!)

MemberMember
(@daliasaldanha96gmail-com)

Posted : 11/04/2021 3:16 pm

I got a TCA CROSS done by a professional on Oct 7th.  My hyper pigmentation is still healing but one scar is not healing much at all. It was a linear scar but it looks like a big circle now. Initially I thought it was hyper pigmentation surrounding the linear scar. But now Im not so sure. Did the nurse spill some and create a new boxcar scar?

image.png.6c8a5fff56bc95149354cb4965fcf7ad.png

What do I do? Im panicking really bad. I called the practice and they said its just hyper pigmentation but I can't stop panicking. I cannot  tolerate a big scar from people Im paying.

MemberMember

Posted : 11/04/2021 3:58 pm

Anyone?

MemberMember
(@kawin-ethayarajhgmail-com)

Posted : 11/04/2021 4:06 pm

TCA Cross can cause scars to widen. I'd recommend waiting for the redness to go down (or get v-beam), then get one of the following: (a) phenol cross (lower risk of scar widening); (b) excision; (c) tca paint with lower concentration tca.

MemberMember

Posted : 11/04/2021 4:30 pm

Thank you!

MemberMember

Posted : 11/04/2021 5:00 pm

Do you think my scar has widen though or is it just hyper pigmentation?

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 11/05/2021 5:27 am

Its redness and hyperpigmentation that is making it look bad. Touch and feel the skin, see what you see in mirror reflects your touch of scar. If not then it is just redness and pih. If you want to expired items redness than use a vitamic c serum, I swear my hyperpigmentation went away in 2 weeks

MemberMember

Posted : 11/05/2021 7:46 am

MemberMember

Posted : 11/15/2021 11:26 am

I spoke to the doctor and while they assured me it was just a TCA scar and not a new boxcar, I can see a new deep pit in its place now. I don't know what to do. Ive been applying silicone gel, hydroquinone and hydrocortisone upon the doctor's recommendation, but it does not seem to be healing. Do you think this scar will ever resurface?

MemberMember

Posted : 11/16/2021 11:09 am

I would really appreciate any input on this. Thank you!

MemberMember
(@kawin-ethayarajhgmail-com)

Posted : 11/16/2021 5:37 pm

I'm sorry you're going through this. Scars can get deeper and wider after TCA cross, especially if proper technique was not used. If your doctor has not informed you of this or is claiming that is not possible, they may be misleading you.

Scars take a while to remodel, so I would wait until two months post-op. Then, depending on scar depth, I would recommended getting: (1) phenol cross + subcision or (2) excision. Finding a good doctor is important -- if your current doctor let a nurse do the TCA, that's not a good sign IMO.

Continue spot treating with hydrocortisone and silicone gel/vaseline to make it heal faster.

Btw, there was a user here (downinthedms) who did their own tca cross on rolling scars a while back and ended up with redness that took six months to go away, to give you an idea of timeline

MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 11/22/2021 3:17 pm

On 11/4/2021 at 4:58 PM, boxthatboxcar said:

Anyone?

TCA cross can definitely cause scars to widen I know that for sure. This is just a total guess based on the picture but to me you may want to have the larger one cut out or excised or whatever it's called, then look into maybe a Dermabrasion or something aggressive like I had once to a large degree of improvement. I seriously wouldn't do little things like TCA cross on anything other than light scarring, and TCA is hit or miss for people.

MemberMember
(@spicystumbling)

Posted : 11/23/2021 12:52 pm

@boxthatboxcarwanted to know how it is going with you.

I recently had tca cross done as well (3 weeks ago) and did notice some scars get worst. From what I read, it can take 1-2 month for it to fill in.

I've personally am starting to see some scars fill in but am worried some might not.

MemberMember

Posted : 11/23/2021 10:06 pm

Hi spicy stumbling, the new pit kind of looks the same. I'm trying to stop thinking about it till my doctor's appointment next week. I'm trying to keep my head up but honestly, its hard.

MemberMember
(@ramandeep)

Posted : 01/06/2023 3:29 pm

Any update?