Notifications
Clear all

next step advice.

MemberMember
(@samsadleir)

Posted : 11/02/2021 10:34 am

Hello again. I have 2 potential treatment paths that i'm considering getting, would like some advice. Really not sure what path to take here.

I have mainly box car scars, not too much deepness or tethering, perhaps a bit. 

On face is mild, just shallow box car near temples a small bit on cheeks.

Neck is more moderate severe, hard to see right now, I use stubble to cover it (although it's a bit neckbeardy) looks bad upon shave.

1st option is:

Sculptra + subcision, wait 2-3 weeks, CO2 Fractional Laser. Let heal for 3 months and reassess (maybe home derma roll after 1 month)

2nd option is:

Full ablation laser with dr H. I think this would give me best and longest lasting results. Just worried about any damage/scarring the laser might cause

Treatment I already had:

Roaccutane 

V beam (3 sessions reduce PIE, worked, 80% reduced) 

1mm Microneedle

2 x Cannula subcision, PRP and Infini (dr Anil UK), Last treatment, September 9th. 

At home dermaroller started last week, going for every 3 weeks 1.5mm.

Topical stuff for moisture and colour, vit c, moisture, niacinimide, copper peptides, sunscreen

Oral supplements and peptides for collagen 

I think some resurface is best path probably. I don't think they are crazy deep, though in some lights it can be.

Hard to monitor any progress rn since I have not shaved since my last infini treatment almost 2 months ago. 

download (25).jpeg

download (24).jpeg

MemberMember
(@jackson1234)

Posted : 11/02/2021 9:09 pm

I know you're looking for advice on next steps but just wanted to say your scarring is not bad at all. I Honestly wouldn't even notice it in person, especially because of how shallow it is and it being located sparsely away from the cheeks. I know you can perceive it as bad because you're comparing it to the way your skin was pre acne but honestly your skin is really good man.

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 11/03/2021 10:17 am

You sound way on top of this, which is great. Full ablation does tend to produce the best results, but most side effects, just like you're commenting about. However, I've even seen fractional lasers leave marks behind. Not that it's common, but it can happen.

I personally like the idea of doing less. You can always add more salt to a dish but can't take it away type of thing. Plus, since you have boxcars, subcision could be a helpful option. However, you said you've had subcision before, so there's that to consider.

So yeah, this one is gonna have to be up to you and your doc. Grill him/her on side effects, and get a second opinion. And keep us posted.

MemberMember
(@samsadleir)

Posted : 11/03/2021 2:45 pm

17 hours ago, Jackson1234 said:

I know you're looking for advice on next steps but just wanted to say your scarring is not bad at all. I Honestly wouldn't even notice it in person, especially because of how shallow it is and it being located sparsely away from the cheeks. I know you can perceive it as bad because you're comparing it to the way your skin was pre acne but honestly your skin is really good man.

I am fortunate in one way, in that the worst of it is upper neck, my beard significantly covers it. Trust me, if I did clean shave, you would see it was fairly severe there.

I guess I can never clean shave for the rest of my life, which is what I'm coming to terms with, but maybe I could get some scar treatment just to see if it can work a bit. The scars on my neck are also relatively new, about 6-7 months old now. So they may respond to treatment or heal up a tiny bit more, also they are still a bitred which makes it look worse (and shows they are newer).

4 hours ago, Dan said:

You sound way on top of this, which is great. Full ablation does tend to produce the best results, but most side effects, just like you're commenting about. However, I've even seen fractional lasers leave marks behind. Not that it's common, but it can happen.

I personally like the idea of doing less. You can always add more salt to a dish but can't take it away type of thing. Plus, since you have boxcars, subcision could be a helpful option. However, you said you've had subcision before, so there's that to consider.

So yeah, this one is gonna have to be up to you and your doc. Grill him/her on side effects, and get a second opinion. And keep us posted.

Thanks. I only had 2 subcisions before, sometimes people need more, and no filler was used. I will probably do the lighter treatment x 3 or so, and maybe full ablation next year.

MemberMember
(@jonathanchristian741gmail-com)

Posted : 11/08/2021 2:31 pm

I know this isn't really advice on what you wanted but I thought I'd say this anyway.You're looking clean bro! You're acne and scars aren't noticeable at all. Also, Welcome to the beard family :D Beards are awesome, I grew mine a couple years back ( im 22 ) and its epic. I highly recommend investing into a decent beard trimmer if you don't have one and to make sure the neck hair is cleaned up. If you're having issues with any beard itch like I have before, try rubbing 3 drops of acne.org jojoba oil ( doesn't clog pores ) on your hands and applying it to your beard. Then you'll want to use a beard brush to rub in the oil and smooth out the beard, I use a $15 high quality ZilberHaar brand soft bristle brush, its excellent! Let me know if you have any beard questions. I know this was kinda a random tangent but beards are sweet, embrace it! 

MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 11/08/2021 2:50 pm

I'm sure it's more seen without the beard as you say,same with me,but you look quite good to be serious. It's really not bad but good luck finding treatment. I don't shave anymore either, I leave stubble. 0.5mm to 1.0mm around there.It sucks but it's better than the alternative. Could you trim it more or do you have it down to a perfect science/length?

MemberMember
(@oj593)

Posted : 11/09/2021 5:14 pm

How was the V beam laser? Did it help you? I have quite a bit of redness and I feel like if I just got rid of it I probably wouldn't care too much of my scars after that.

Where did you have the V beam laser treatments (I see you are from London) ?

MemberMember
(@samsadleir)

Posted : 11/10/2021 8:13 am

12 hours ago, can i get a new life please said:

BRUHH...

I though your scars were severe, you was saying all kind of shit to me and you got that hollywood skin? Who is bitch now?

Umm what did I say to you? I don't remember. Mine are severe under beard I just have lucky placement that can be covered. Also afaik you never posted urs so you may have less than me.

MemberMember
(@samsadleir)

Posted : 11/10/2021 11:19 am

The point of this post is to ask for treatment advice

18 hours ago, Oj593 said:

How was the V beam laser? Did it help you? I have quite a bit of redness and I feel like if I just got rid of it I probably wouldn't care too much of my scars after that.

Where did you have the V beam laser treatments (I see you are from London) ?

I had v beams yes, Pulsed dye laser at PHI clinic London. I had 3 sessions. It worked a lot on the specific PIE marks, but there is a lot of general redness. My scars are mainly new ish (like 6-7months old), so hoping redness fades over the next few months/year more.

MemberMember
(@samsadleir)

Posted : 11/14/2021 5:43 pm

Ok guys, I found on older picture of scars from about 2.5months ago. This was 1.5 weeks or so after my infini. I tried to replicate the photo EXACTLY. I know it's not perfect, but I was totally UNABLE to get a worse picture of my scars. I was standing under light. I think I can see some improvement, what do you guys think?

My scars don't look this bad in real life, this is standing under light with my neck arched at funny angle to make it as dramatic and bad as possible. the pics I linked earlier are prob how it is seen more commonly.

SO I had

1x infini subcision PRP

ONE MONTH WAIT

1x infini subcision + prp

2.5 MONTHS HEALING+

Daily Red Light therapy from cheap online device (doubt made big difference but every tiny bit of collagen helps)

Derma roller at home every 3 weeks, 1.5mm

Niacinimide for redness, + moisterizer

vitamin c and sunscreen in morning for anti sun damage + redness

low dose accutane (10mg) to stop further acne + collagen

Making sure I get 7 hours sleep

no alcohol/drugs

First picture before second after;

So what do you guys think?

Either I'm gonna do co2, followed by subcision sculptra next or subcision sculptra followed by infini + prp. Not really sure what to do,, any advice? I am going to wait with Dr h consult laser until 6-12months down the line I think. Need build a bit more collagen. Also still have to use accutane a little bit for acne (not in scarred areas really, mainly on back of neck, but don't want it to return to scarred areas)

MemberMember
(@orangez)

Posted : 11/14/2021 6:55 pm

Not that I know anything but here's my 2c.

Second picture has the scars looking a bit more shallow, mostly noticeable at the temple and neck areas with decreased shadowing.

As far as I've seen on the internet, how scars are treated depends on what 'plane' they are on. If most of your scars are shallow then resurfacing might be a good match. If you can pull them and not see them disappear due totethering then subscision may be of value. Microneedling, Retinol and sculptra are all collagen boosters and probably benefit everyone.

As far as order of operations, I think generally people put resurfacing after subscision so it can help with any scars that may be left by that process.

MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 11/14/2021 9:10 pm

Definite improvement. Scars are more shallow and yourskin tone is looking even and healthy.

I have the same hair color and skin tone. I'm getting fractional total fx co2 in May.

I think a co2 resurfacing will leave you quite happy. I personally don't want to do fully ablative but I think I play it safe.

MemberMember
(@samsadleir)

Posted : 11/15/2021 3:06 pm

17 hours ago, Kay24 said:

Definite improvement. Scars are more shallow and yourskin tone is looking even and healthy.

I have the same hair color and skin tone. I'm getting fractional total fx co2 in May.

I think a co2 resurfacing will leave you quite happy. I personally don't want to do fully ablative but I think I play it safe.

great thanks. A lot of my scars on my neck are actually new, like 6 month old, so I hope there is some natural improvement like this lady over the next 6 months - 2 years. Generally scars stop naturally changing completely after 2 years from what I hear.

MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 11/15/2021 3:50 pm

Judgment I see what you're talking about for sure. Those pictures do highlight the scarring better than the last one, via angle and lighting. You look really good to be honest, I mean you look great with a beard and that color is great.

Yes you have some scarring on your neck and temple, it's mostly shallow, yes you can see it I guess in the lighting particularly, but I think you look great.The neck scars lookmore like a non-acne injury and seems like even if someone sees it it's way more socially acceptable. Society conflates acne scarring with "dirty" or "hygiene".

Well I just dropped by to say looking good, but I seriously hope you find some treatments that help it. I get that you don't want to be a beard guy for life. I don't either. I'm forced to. But at least you look great with it.

MemberMember
(@flooressence)

Posted : 11/24/2021 5:41 pm

If you have the option available, get subcision with CO2 fractional (as in, same day). Wait on the fillers you suggested in option 1.

I've had a lot of standalone treatments but getting a thorough subcision and a strong CO2 (non-ablative) setting from Dr Lim gave me results better than I could have hoped for.

I think multi-modal is definitely the key for scar treatment, because such treatments target different things and work in tandem.

I had a lot of sub on its own and it was decent, but with CO2 was next level.

IMO try fractional before fully ablative. See how your skin goes. Even fractional can be turned up quite high, though of course won't ever be as hectic as fully ablative.

With whatever laser treatment you go with, make sure you moisturise a lot.