Notifications
Clear all

Subcision on Accutane

MemberMember
(@grcar-joze1996gmail-com)

Posted : 11/01/2021 2:07 am

Hello,

Im on low dose of Accutane (30mg/day) for almost 7 months. In december my derm. will decrease my dosage to 20mg/day. Can i do subcision + Sculptra filler during Accutane course?

I dont have much side effects, except dry lips.

Best regards.

MemberMember
(@samsadleir)

Posted : 11/01/2021 6:23 am

Yeah studies show it's fine to do low dose accutane and treatment in pretty much all cases now. Only full ablation laser and manual dermabrasion aren't concluded to that effect. I personally did Infini and subcision on low dose accutane and recovered fine.

Gelko liked
MemberMember

Posted : 11/01/2021 7:26 am

Thank you, what about Erbium laser Er:Yag with maintenance dose of Accutane (10-20mg/week)? Im scared that my acne would relapse :( because i have hormonal acne. 

MemberMember
(@samsadleir)

Posted : 11/01/2021 1:36 pm

6 hours ago, Gelko said:

Thank you, what about Erbium laser Er:Yag with maintenance dose of Accutane (10-20mg/week)? Im scared that my acne would relapse :( because i have hormonal acne. 

I'm in same boat as you tbh. Not sure. I'm taking low dose acc 10-20 and it starts coming back if I'm off it for a couple of weeks. Only been on this dose 8 months or so and acne is totally controlled while on it. 

Since I'm a 6'2, 90kg male, I expect to be on this dose for at least 1-2 more years before expecting any kind of permanent remission of cystic acnes. 

I want to do FAL but I haven't seen any studies on it specifically. I'm 95% sure it would be fine seeing as my skin seems normal, not fragile, even my lips are ok, however, a small chance of horrific scarring is quite worrying obviously. 

As far as pretty much any other procedure goes, I'd be happy to. Including fractional laser. Which is what I may do soon. Not really sure what path to take next with my scars now that BA's website seems to have disappeared. I am thinking of Sculptra-sub followed by a frac laser 2 weeks later over xmas, letting it heal for a few months while I'm at uni, and reassessing in 3-4 months. 

As far as infini subcision results. I haven't seen so much yet frankly. Been about 2 months since my last treatment, and only had 2. I am doing a bit of home dermaroll now every 3-4 weeks to keep adding small bits of collagen. 

You can post your scars here and people may be able to give general advice, unfortunately the advice is going to be very mixed and unhelpful mostly, because this site is very pessimistic (prob justifiably, this shit is a nightmare.) 

MemberMember

Posted : 11/01/2021 2:48 pm

Did your derm. recommended lasers during low dose of Accutane? And also did your derm use any filler after subcision? I posted my picutures and i don™t know how severe my acne scars are¦It™s mentally hard really :(

MemberMember
(@samsadleir)

Posted : 11/01/2021 3:21 pm

29 minutes ago, Gelko said:

Did your derm. recommended lasers during low dose of Accutane? And also did your derm use any filler after subcision? I posted my picutures and i don™t know how severe my acne scars are¦It™s mentally hard really :(

No. I didn't mention I was on it. I obv don't recommend this, but studies conclusively and repeatedly show it is fine. But many derms just aren't up to date and aren't willing to take the 'risk'. I saw your photos. Obviously it is baddest lighting, you don't have too many, just looks like you have a few but some quite deep ones with fat loss. Probably filler is good for you. For me I have more box car, but I have a lot , that aren't that deep, and not that much tethering and fat loss. So for me I think resurface and a bit of other stuff. 

Are u in uk? 

MemberMember

Posted : 11/02/2021 3:27 pm

On 11/1/2021 at 9:21 PM, JudgmentPuzzleheaded said:

No. I didn't mention I was on it. I obv don't recommend this, but studies conclusively and repeatedly show it is fine. But many derms just aren't up to date and aren't willing to take the 'risk'. I saw your photos. Obviously it is baddest lighting, you don't have too many, just looks like you have a few but some quite deep ones with fat loss. Probably filler is good for you. For me I have more box car, but I have a lot , that aren't that deep, and not that much tethering and fat loss. So for me I think resurface and a bit of other stuff. 

Are u in uk? 

Hmm¦i dont™t know what will my derm will tell me about treating scars during  my Accutane course. Derm. just want to play safe but if you have potential of acne relaps if you are off Accutane than there is a huge problem with treating scarring :/ I know my scars would benefit subcision and fillers but i don™t know how much improvement can i except. I hope you find a good treatment for yourself too¦Acne scarring can be really depressing especially mentally¦Im located in Slovenia (EU).