Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello everybody.

I've been lurking here for a while and have been avidly reading all of your posts. I've been on the regimen for about two and a half months and it has cleared up my moderate acne quite well, tho it's left my skin dry and flaky. I've tried all sorts of moisturizers but they've all had only a modest effect.

I've read that dryness of the skin is an unavoidable by-product of BP so I was wondering if there are any other products that are as effective as BP in killing acne bacterium but that don't dry the skin nearly as much? I read a bit about the effectivness of manuka oil as a bacterium-killer in the acne research forums....anyone tried it? I would just like to have clear skin that doesn't look like the Sahara!! lol.gif

Well, something has to smell bad to work jeje. All those cosmetics from expensive companies smell nice but don't do shit. Now sulphur is the exact opposite. cool.gifcool.gifcool.gif

hmmm, proactiv's clay mask was pretty good, the next best alternative I've used myself is Queen Helene's Mint Julep Masque, contains sulfur and is ok to use a couple times a week. However if you go that route I think the best thing to do would be to drop anything else you do to your face because masks strips the face of extra oils. but it doesnt do it to the point of causing excessive dryness....other products will cause that. For almost a week now i've slowly stopped using the regimen, jus cool water and cetaphil for 10 seconds, and im amazingly surprised, because I havent had any breakouts, nor do i feel any new zits coming in.