Notifications
Clear all

Treating Oral Gum Infection Solved Adult Acne

MemberMember
(@york-faulknergmail-com)

Posted : 10/23/2021 11:47 pm

I have had two episodes of adult-onset acne. First in my 40s. No treatment, diet, or regimen helped. Acne appeared pervasively on nose, chin, cheeks, and forehead. The acne cleared temporarily only after rounds of antibiotics, doxycycline, but reappeared after finishing antibiotics.My oral surgeon discovered that one upper root-canal molar had cracked into the roots, causing infection of the surrounding gum. After removing the tooth, the gum infection cleared as well as the acne--without any special regimen, diet, etc.

The second episode of acne occurred recently in my 50s. As before, the acne covered my face and forehead responding temporarily only to antibiotics. I had persistent pain in the gum surrounding one upper molar and visited an oral surgeon. The tooth was healthy but due to bone recession, the gum pocket was deep and infected. He treated the pocket with a laser to sterilize the pocket and promote healing. The gum infection cleared within a week as well as the acne--completely gone with no special diet, regimen, etc. It has been a permanent and persistent clearing of facial acne--none.

MemberMember
(@elainea)

Posted : 10/24/2021 5:04 pm

16 hours ago, Mr. Falconer said:

I have had two episodes of adult-onset acne. First in my 40s. No treatment, diet, or regimen helped. Acne appeared pervasively on nose, chin, cheeks, and forehead. The acne cleared temporarily only after rounds of antibiotics, doxycycline, but reappeared after finishing antibiotics.My oral surgeon discovered that one upper root-canal molar had cracked into the roots, causing infection of the surrounding gum. After removing the tooth, the gum infection cleared as well as the acne--without any special regimen, diet, etc.

The second episode of acne occurred recently in my 50s. As before, the acne covered my face and forehead responding temporarily only to antibiotics. I had persistent pain in the gum surrounding one upper molar and visited an oral surgeon. The tooth was healthy but due to bone recession, the gum pocket was deep and infected. He treated the pocket with a laser to sterilize the pocket and promote healing. The gum infection cleared within a week as well as the acne--completely gone with no special diet, regimen, etc. It has been a permanent and persistent clearing of facial acne--none.

What kind of antibiotics did the doctors give you? Other people have reported being treated for gum/tooth infections have also cleared their acne. Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO) may also be cleared or reduced when taking the antibiotic for the gum infections. SIBO is strongly linked to Rosacea Subtype 2 with papules and pustules. Rosacea subtype 2 is frequently misdiagnosed as bacterial acne and treated with the wrong drugs as a surface infection. The immune system in your gut gets screwed up by SIBO and allows microscopic demodex skin mites to become overpopulated on the skin surface and in the oil glands. A normal healthy immune system keeps the demodex population very low. The out of control demodex overpopulation can causeone or more of the following symptomsblackheads, pustules (die offs of mites butlooks like acne), papules, red and/or dry eyes, eyelid styes, itchy skin, scalp acne, body acne, etc. Medication for acne has no effect on the demodex mites.

SIBO can be caused by 8 to 12 or more different bacteria. The right antibiotic can clear SIBO in 1-3 weeks. Some broad spectrum antibiotics may reduce the bacteria but not completely clear the SIBO, so it rebounds. Oral Ivermectin killsthe mites to speed up clearing the skin and to avoid skin damage. The right antibiotic can clear the SIBO. The antibiotics to clear SIBO are typically not the ones given to treat acne. But they may be the right antibiotics to clear or at least reduce the bacterial overgrowth in the gut. There are tests for SIBO and its fraternal twin Small Intestinal Fungal Overgrowth (SIFO) which has the same symptoms as SIBO. SIBO and SIFO may occur alone or together. If SIFO is present, there are antifungal drugs to clear it as well. An endoscope test is the gold standard for identifying the bacteria causing SIBO and/or the fungus causing SIFO.

MemberMember
(@elainea)

Posted : 10/25/2021 7:54 pm

What is the best antibiotic for a tooth infection?

------------------------------------------------------------
Antibiotics of the penicillin class, such as penicillin and amoxicillin, are most commonly used to help treat tooth infections. An antibiotic called metronidazole may be given for some types of bacterial infections. It's sometimes prescribed with penicillin in order to cover a larger variety of bacterial species.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Interesting that Oral Metronidazole is sometimes given for tooth infections. Metronidazole is highly effective against at least 2 different types of bacteria that cause Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO). Amoxicillin and Penicillin arealso effective at treating some of the bacteria that is know to cause SIBO. SIBO causes Rosacea Subtype 2 with papules and pustules. Rosacea Subtype 2 is frequently misdiagnosed as bacterial acne, especially if your skin isn't very red.

Antibiotics typically prescribed for acne have no long term effect on SIBO. For SIBO, the antibiotic prescribed will depend on the type of bacteria causing the SIBO. Metronidazole, Amoxicillin and the very expensive Rifaximin, along with several other drugs have been highly effective at treating SIBO.

Oral Ivermectin was created to kill demodex skin mites in dogs to treat demodetic mange. Ivermectin is also highly effective for humans in clearing a demodex overpopulation.