Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zanyzo

Treatments are more advanced in USA!

I have acne scars.Im in the uk,there doesnt seem many vtreatments here.America always seems more advanced in everything.Anyone frome the uk got any good tips on docs and treatments?Thanx.

What do you mean by "more advanced?" There really isn't anything terribly complicated with basic acne-scar revision techniques like punch excision/grafting/floating, subcision, TCA CROSS, dermabrasion, laser resurfacing, ect. It all basically comes down to the skill and experience of the individual surgeon. I think you'll find very competent plastic surgeons here in the UK, you just have to do some research.

This reminds me of a program I watched on tv a few years ago, about British women going to eastern europe (Poland I think) to get nose-jobs, face-lifts and the like. See, the docs over there are just as competent as ours are, they are just so much cheaper!!

What do you mean by "more advanced?" There really isn't anything terribly complicated with basic acne-scar revision techniques like punch excision/grafting/floating, subcision, TCA CROSS, dermabrasion, laser resurfacing, ect. It all basically comes down to the skill and experience of the individual surgeon. I think you'll find very competent plastic surgeons here in the UK, you just have to do some research.

This reminds me of a program I watched on tv a few years ago, about British women going to eastern europe (Poland I think) to get nose-jobs, face-lifts and the like. See, the docs over there are just as competent as ours are, they are just so much cheaper!!

I have acne scars.Im in the uk,there doesnt seem many vtreatments here.America always seems more advanced in everything.Anyone frome the uk got any good tips on docs and treatments?Thanx.