Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

moderate to severe acne scarring - phenol peel or anterior chemabrasion choices?

hello im new here....im a 48 year old male from darwin in australia

I have done all the treatments for acne scars with limited improvement (lasers fillers excisions grafts prp tca cross microneedling subcisions etc etc)

my last options which i havent done are possibly to do anterior chemabrasion that involves the use of dermabrasion with a diamond drill and combines tca peel or phenol peel?  what are there views as to how it might help my scars?  I heard it can remove and vastly improve looking at pictures of acne scar patients who have done this?

Also any views on Dr Phillipe Deprez who does anterior chemabrasion?  once again his results pictures looks good.  I have plenty of scarred pores as u see, ice pick and boxcar type scars as well as some rolling scars?  will chemabrasion remove and reduce these the most?  Also thought of Dr Rullan

Also the possibility of facelift/fat transfer(graft) as when pull and stretch skin scars look a little better as you see when u pull stretch skin scars will look removed/much better

any thoughts suggestions welcome?

thank you...cliveden 

Inkeduserimage-3173301_LI.jpg

Looking at pictures of anterior chemabrasion with a full tca/phenol peel it virtually eliminates/vastly reduces this type of scarring?  thoughts? (as the dermabrasion abrades the scars away)

Your scars are not deep which means you could try dermabrasion I.e physical sanding of the surface. Go to a doctor and let hi, abrade the scars on a specific region like a square area and see how that area looks. If you feel happy with results then go for full face.

hi dont know any doctors who do dermabrasion in australia all overtaken by laser

what do you think of the process of anterior chemabrasion?  no they are not deep but have plenty of scars which bothers me alot unfortuntely

have you heard of dr phillipe deprez who invented anterior chemabrasion?  a abrasion with a diamond burr then does a tca peel over it?  

its meant to significantly reduce and remove most of my scars i read?

What you are talking is texture, if your goal is texture improvement then yes. Sometimes manual methods yield better results than laser. Although laser is more controlled might produce less results. Anterior chemobrasion or phenol is the same thing. But the order is different. Dr rullan does acid peel and subcision on day 1 and day 2 he physically scrapes the scar border. He tries to scrape as much as he can see and then put acid on it again.

Edited by getsmart121

It seems that you have boxcars with noticeable edges, phenol chemobrasion is made for boxcars sometimes he uses a curette and sometime he use just tongue depressor. In my opinion curette is must for thick edges for abrasion of these boxcars or full ablative on the edges of the scar.

what this process is going to do is give a more rolling appearance. But boxcars shouldn’t be visible now. Fillers are must although to give you a good result as possible.

Edited by getsmart121