Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

there is a product from proactiv that is suppose to lighten those dark marks and it says that the main ingrediant is hyroquinone. the proactiv kind is really expensive so does anybody know if this works and if there are cheaper products that could be found at a drug store with this stuff in it? thanks

Yes, hyroquinone is used to help fade a lot of the red marks left after acne. Products containing this can be found at any drug store, but they are usually called fade creams or bleach creams....

I wouldn't recommend hydroquinone. It is said to be linked to cancer. I used this product a few months ago but I never noticed visible results. If you want red spots to fade try mild chemical peels like lactic acid or glycolic acid.

Yes, hyroquinone is used to help fade a lot of the red marks left after acne.  Products containing this can be found at any drug store, but they are usually called fade creams or bleach creams....

I had a bad burn on my arm and was prescribed hydroquinone to fade it, and trust me it works. As for the whole cancer thing, it has been linked to cancer in parts of the world where people used concentrations above 6%, even up to 10 and 12%. Most OTC products have between .5 and 2%, and prescription (in Canada at least) only goes up to 4%, and I have been assured by physicians that this concentration is safe. Also, when treating marks left from pimples, you should only apply it directly to the spot, so you would be using a very small amount, unlikely to have adverse effects. Finally it is not like "bleach" in the idea that it won't work over night.

hey selfesteemking...I'm really not sure how long it would take for marks left from pimples. The mark on my arm was really bad and it took months to fade significantly, but I think pimples would be quicker. The pharmacist stressed to me tho, that it's not an "over-night" fix, the percentage of hydroquinone would also have an effect, I used prescription strength (4%).

thanks lovely, ya im using 2% and i hope it works. since my spots were already fading before i think that this will speed it up. the worst though would be if it clogged my pored and gave me new zits but we will see