Notifications
Clear all

Help

MemberMember
(@koepkelaurenyahoo-com)

Posted : 10/06/2021 8:27 am

Hello,

I am new to this website but I am really struggling.
I went to the dermatologist about a week and a half agofor a few stubborn acne. They gave me two prescriptions and said it should help.
It has gotten a lot worse since my visit. Im doing everything I was told to do, but I still wake up with new cystic acne somewhere on my face. I dont even want to leave my house or look at myself in the mirror.
Im becoming depressed and feeling hopeless. I look and feel disgusting and I cant keep doing this.

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 10/22/2021 12:55 pm

It's so frustration when your doc gives you Rx and they don't work! I've been there.My best advice is The Regimen. That's what finally worked for me. Make sure you add in AHA+ after 1 months and follow it precisely for best results.

Also, get your hormones checked if you haven't already to rule out PCOS.

MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 11/08/2021 9:49 pm

On 10/6/2021 at 9:27 AM, Doggirl12 said:

Hello,

I am new to this website but I am really struggling.
I went to the dermatologist about a week and a half agofor a few stubborn acne. They gave me two prescriptions and said it should help.
It has gotten a lot worse since my visit. Im doing everything I was told to do, but I still wake up with new cystic acne somewhere on my face. I dont even want to leave my house or look at myself in the mirror.
Im becoming depressed and feeling hopeless. I look and feel disgusting and I cant keep doing this.

Back in the day I tried endless amounts of stuff and I had moderate/severe acne. Among what I tried was minocycline, SMZ TMP tabs, and tons of creams like differin and benzamycin. The medications may have changed since then but I tried a lot. Cystic acne is somewhat dangerous in that scars may develop if picked recklessly or they can develop if they are left unchecked.

If you only have low amounts (and I'm not downplaying it), I would continue to try prescriptions until one or some work well. But at the same time, your patience must be balanced by the risk of scarring and the risks of medication. If your acne gets so bad to where you could be at risk of scarring, my only comment is the worst decision of my life was letting my Dermatologist delay accutane for me with severe acne, which was in my opinion, a total dereliction of duty and designed to milk visits. I can think of no other legitimate reason to wait in my case 1-2 years while scarring happens, without at least informing me of my option to it with the risks.

So keep trying, something should work but keep in mind, scarring is not something you want to play with all your life, seriously. There are risks to all medications and Accutane is pretty strong so I wouldn't recommend it unless scarring is a risk.